Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 9/17/2017 Problem Reports Thread

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    314 Post(s)
    Hi. I have been having DSL issues with my computer, which slows down the messages that scroll on the bottom left of the screen. Normally, these messages pass so fast, one does not notice or see them. Well, since my machine is bogged down, I can see this Facebook message at the bottom of the screen "connect.facebook.net". Sometimes it says "Performing TLS Handshake with connect.facebook.net" and sometimes there are variations in the message like "loading data from connect.facebook.net".

I don't see anything regarding Facebook on PDF, and I am wondering where this is coming from. It is hard to say what part my machine issues are playing in this, however, I do not see these messages on other gun forums I visit. It does seem to bog my computer down even more than its usual dysfunction.

Also, I have NEVER used Facebook on this computer, or any of my other devices for that matter.

connect facebook net final.jpg
    Contact your reps about restrictive gun laws->https://act.nraila.org/
    Lady Shooters! PM me if you would like to join a female private firearms sub-group!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    906 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawkgirl View Post
    Sometimes it says "Performing TLS Handshake with connect.facebook.net" and sometimes there are variations in the message like "loading data from connect.facebook.net".

I don't see anything regarding Facebook on PDF, and I am wondering where this is coming from.
    I wouldn't worry about it. In my own experience with this and a variety of sites and browsers, it's typical behavior as pages load up their "connections" with links and supporting material on those pages.

The forum does have a variety of posts from people, many of which have links to a youtube video, a facebook post, a NYT/ABC/CNN article, etc.

With a youtube post, for example, generally you'll see the PDF display show a preview version of the video's first image, all before you even click on that post to view the video. While I'm not certain, in the case of Facebook links in posts, it wouldn't surprise me if the software did much the same thing ... checking on that link as it you display the post page just in case there's some preview or other thingy that needs doing prior to even clicking on the post itself.

With a variety of sites, I too see the "TLS handshake" and "loading data from" messages as the websites I'm loading load up all their stuff. And it's with several different browsers that I see such messages, and not only with the PDF site.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik