Thread: 9/17/2017 Problem Reports Thread

Unrepentant chocoholic ShooterGranny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)
    I had ongoing problems with getting to this forum and also "the other one" when I had my brower's VPN turned on. So I turned it off. Bingo. Fixed.

From time to time I have to use the activity stream link when the new posts or todays posts doesn't work but then it works again after a while.

Now the only thing that is still really wonky is Accuweather which still shows me as being either in Virginia or New Mexico, so I have to type in where I do live to get my local weather forecast. But it's not very accurate anyway.
    If you think changes need to be made - get out and DO SOMETHING positive!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    I can't seem to get the "todays Posts or New Posts" to work. Is it something in my 'puter causing this? Anyone else having this problem?
    We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    I'm on my crappy tablet and I had no trouble.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    I can't seem to get the "todays Posts or New Posts" to work. Is it something in my 'puter causing this? Anyone else having this problem?
    I'm constantly having this problem on my phone, tired of always clearing it. No probs on the PC at all.
    GO NAVY!
    All Heros don't have a cape. Some wear Kevlar.

Asst. Administrator DogWalksWithMe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    382 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    I'm constantly having this problem on my phone, tired of always clearing it. No probs on the PC at all.
    Please share details of your PC.

• Operating system
    • When you last installed updates
    • Browser and version

I have looked at all system logs and have not found where this problem is coming from. While the big plan is to move to a new server platform, I would take another look at this problem if I can find some good clues for what is causing it. A configuration that does not have the problem might provide some hints.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)
    Problem:

Cannot place on ignore vendors with a Moderator title.

Is there a catagory or sub-catagory that a vendor can be assigned to and still allow them to moderate their forum while the membership has the ability to ignore them?
    "I need your clothes, your boots und your motocycle..." Don't think it won't happen, it's practically here.
    I like all kinds of foreign guns,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Only occasionally (i.e.=rarely) does 'New' or 'Todays Posts' work for me as well. I'm running Win 7 Home Premium and accessing this site on Google chrome
    "Most of what people get mad about is just noise anyway." DV AU
    Life's too short for anything less than good whiskey, good beer, good friends & family, and gumbo.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)
    Once again for our Chrome challenged friends...

Right click anywhere on any page while the PDF tab is open. Click on Inspect at the bottom of the dialog box when it opens. When the inspection box opens, click on the three dots in the upper right corner. When that box opens, scoll to 'More Tools', and click on 'Network Conditions'. Put a checkmark in the 'Disable Cache' box.

Minimize this box to the tray. Do not close it.
    "I need your clothes, your boots und your motocycle..." Don't think it won't happen, it's practically here.
    I like all kinds of foreign guns,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    This has been an ongoing issue with my PC, my iPad, and my phone for months! It's quite annoying folks.

Max
    I never let schooling interfere with my education.
    Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    158 Post(s)
    I followed your advice about Chrome and I cleared my cache. It was better for a while, but now I don't get New Posts again.

Also, I replied to a thread and got both likes and quotes, but the listings say it's "Hidden content."

Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) Updates are automatically installed
    Chrome: Just reinstalled last week
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    844 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I followed your advice about Chrome and I cleared my cache. It was better for a while, but now I don't get New Posts again.

Also, I replied to a thread and got both likes and quotes, but the listings say it's "Hidden content."
    I get the same thing you get and use chrome. When you don't get "new posts" can you get "today's posts" instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    I use Safari and neither of those buttons work reliably on my iPad. However if I use the Forum button to drill down all of the current posts are available.

( after clearing history etc the New Post and Todays Post are working again, but I don’t seem to have a “remember me” button to select, maybe thats why my use of the New Posts and Todays Post work sometimes and not other times?)
    Last edited by KyBill; March 5th, 2018 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Added more info

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    New post and activity stream don't work on my phone. I cleared everything that I know how to.
    U.S. Army (Ret) 1953-1977 ‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’
    — Patrick Henry

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    297 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    This has been an ongoing issue with my PC, my iPad, and my phone for months! It's quite annoying folks.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post

Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) Updates are automatically installed
    Chrome: Just reinstalled last week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakyak View Post
    I get the same thing you get and use chrome. When you don't get "new posts" can you get "today's posts" instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by KyBill View Post
    I use Safari and neither of those buttons work reliably on my iPad. However if I use the Forum button to drill down all of the current posts are available.

( after clearing history etc the New Post and Todays Post are working again, but I don’t seem to have a “remember me” button to select, maybe thats why my use of the New Posts and Todays Post work sometimes and not other times?)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck View Post
    New post and activity stream don't work on my phone. I cleared everything that I know how to.
    You can thank the vBulletin techs for screwing this up and refusing to fix it.

The only thing I know that will get Today's Posts and New Posts to "work" again is to completely disable your caches on the device you are using.
    Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    158 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    The only thing I know that will get Today's Posts and New Posts to "work" again is to completely disable your caches on the device you are using.
    I followed your instructions and disabled caches and also cleared my cache, but still had the problem.

I found something that is at least working at the moment. I have Bitdefender Total Security 2018 and it has function called "One Click Optimizer." I ran the optimizer and it found thousands of "junk files" and "privacy issues." Not sure what all that means, but it clicked "optimize" and it said it fixed them all. When I logged back on here I have to reenter my login information, "New Posts" worked. Not sure how long that will last, but I'll let you know. I imagine there are other optimizers out that do the same thing.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe