Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self-Defense from antifa?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)
    Antifa is very predictable. It's not difficult to figure out when, where, and why they will show up.

Don't be there.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    real life isn't a kung-fu movie where the attacked politely wait their turn and attack only when you are ready. 3-4-5 or half a dozen people are likely going to overpower 1 (similar sized) unarmed individual rather quickly. If they cant, its likely going to be because they are not very resolute, have NO experience in fighting or they were simply bluffing to begin with. Don't get Jack Reacher and other Hollywood fight scenes confused with real life.

In all my life I have never seen 1 person stand against 3 determined attackers who are sober and working together. It can take a lot of people to subdue someone when the overall intent is to control them without harm. If you remove the (least harm) mandate,... the fight is over rather quickly. This is not to say that you cant find a youtube video of several goofballs dancing around in some half hearted or drunken brawl ... you can.

I am not suggesting that a persons forego training or just give up in the face of difficult circumstances. I would simply apply my time and effort into something a little more realistic.
    Last edited by Telstar6; October 1st, 2017 at 12:45 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Telstar6 View Post
    real life isn't a kung-fu movie where the attacked politely wait their turn and attack only when you are ready. 3-4-5 or half a dozen people are likely going to overpower 1 (similar sized) unarmed individual rather quickly. If they cant, its likely going to be because they are not very resolute, have NO experience in fighting or they were simply bluffing to begin with. Don't get Jack Reacher and other Hollywood fight scenes confused with real life.

In all my life I have never seen 1 person stand against 3 determined attackers who are sober and working together. It can take a lot of people to subdue someone when the overall intent is to control them without harm. If you remove the (least harm) mandate,... the fight is over rather quickly. This is not to say that you cant find a youtube video of several goofballs dancing around in some half hearted or drunken brawl ... you can.

I am not suggesting that a persons forego training or just give up in the face of difficult circumstances. I would simply apply my time and effort into something a little more realistic.
    Yeah, a trained martial artist or an experienced fighter can probably handle two if he gets off first, but any more is getting unrealistic unless, as Telstar says, they are half-hearted or just dumb. Of course, if you are desperate and have no choice against multiple opponents, hit hard on the first one or two and then try to escape. Mainly, carry a gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    what's the best way to defend yourself against hundreds or maybe thousands of people armed with frozen coke cans, water bottles, bricks, rocks, concrete slabs, flagpoles, improvised weapons, sticks, knuckle dusters, knives, blinding acid, pepper spray,
    Surrounding me and the attack drowning out my favorite Thomas Jefferson quotes ?
    Shut my eyes and pull the pin ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

Self-Defense from antifa?

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Antifa is very predictable. It's not difficult to figure out when, where, and why they will show up.

Don't be there.
    I agree but if your on I-10,I-45 or I-69. Especially where they all meet downtown. And Antifa pulls a road block ... then what.

People still go to work and products move through these routes ?

Antifa wants disruption !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Gun culture at its best is rooted in a desire to protect, and especially to protect the people we love-Rachel Lu (University of St. Thomas)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    I witnessed Reginald Denny on live TV being pulled out of his truck and getting beaten to within an inch of his life.

He lived but has lifetime damages from the kicks as well as the brick that was smashed in to his skull.

I will not be a Reginald Denny.

And that's about all I need to say about that.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
    “Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.” ~ Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Not really a winning scenario. My first course of action would to be escape. If that's not possible, I'm emptying the magazines. I've been carrying a spare mag for my spare mag lately, so I'll have no shortage of ammunition. I'll likely be found beaten to death in a pile of my own brass.

Avoiding an area where domestic terrorists are assembling en masse would be the best option, but the OP doesn't allow for that.
    You can double the stopping power of any caliber with a double tap

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OlympicViking View Post
    Not really a winning scenario. My first course of action would to be escape. If that's not possible, I'm emptying the magazines. I've been carrying a spare mag for my spare mag lately, so I'll have no shortage of ammunition. I'll likely be found beaten to death in a pile of my own brass.

Avoiding an area where domestic terrorists are assembling en masse would be the best option, but the OP doesn't allow for that.
    Something tells me after a few shots you'll have all the space in the world to walk away.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    I stand more chance of encountering the fabled "30 point" buck than tens of thousands of demonstrators, or even dozens of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Hmmmmm no sign of TexMex the OP after his one and only in my opinion oddish post/question. My foil hat would say troll/antifa peep scouting out the enemy......if I had a foil hat that is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Luckily my froggy hat keeps me safe from such speculation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexMex View Post
    This is one of those commonly sought out concepts in Martial Arts on how to achieve. That is, how to fight when outnumbered. The North Korean military has long sought out how to answer this question with its own military martial arts (Hapkido, Taekwondo), but at best it could only find a way to fight 10 to 15 opponents at a time. Which even that is impressive, but would it go very far with groups like antifa? Instead of facing off with 10 or 15 unarmed opponents you're going up against hundreds, maybe thousands (sometimes tens of thousands) and trying to do that would be physically impossible.

With our country being pushed further into civil war how could one fight back against masked rioters? If one were to use their legal first amendment rights but a group of people decided you shouldn't have that, what's the best way to defend yourself against hundreds or maybe thousands of people armed with frozen coke cans, water bottles, bricks, rocks, concrete slabs, flagpoles, improvised weapons, sticks, knuckle dusters, knives, blinding acid, pepper spray, etc. if the police have failed their duty to uphold your first amendment?
    The same way we did in the 60's .......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    The only martial art that allows for one person to control or disrupt an attack from more than two or three individuals at once is Klik-pao, and you’d better be using a rifle and have some stand-off distance... otherwise, escape, evade, and don’t be there in the first place.
    When life decides to call a tune, you better be ready to dance...

NUTS! Gen. McAuliffe Stumpkiller's Avatar
    Upstate NY in the headlands of the foothills
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)
    The advantage of having three or more individuals attacking you is that they get in each other's way, while you can hit. kick or bite anything in reach.
    Every word of God is pure; He is a Shield (TM) unto them that put their trust in Him. Proverbs 30:5
    In training to be the forum's assistant deputy backup curmudgeon