Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reciprocity on the move in the House.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.
    No man's life, liberty or property is safe while Congress is in session.
    Mark Twain

"There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress"
    Mark Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRCarry View Post
    I've read both positive and negative op eds about what's attached to this reciprocity bill. I'm not sure if it's good or bad with the baggage attached. If the baggage comes from the progressive Democrats, then, I'm probably pretty concerned about it. If it would have been a "clean" bill, I probably would have been in favor of it, despite possible weaknesses. I hope more good information comes out on this. Right now, I'm on the fence and haven't contacted my congressmen about it.

What do people here think about the additions to this bill? Are they good? bad? indifferent?
    Most of what I have read says that 4477 is not adding anything new just requiring and adding incentives for better report of prohibited people/offenses to NICS.

My big concern and the concern of many of the people who are against 4477, is that most of it is focused on the reporting by government agencies and not courts or legal entities. This opens things up for more abuse when more have the authority to report, just look at VA reporting of veterans.

This is what the NRA is saying about the addition of 4477: https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017...ng-in-congress
    Last edited by SOS24; December 7th, 2017 at 10:12 PM.
    "Itís the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory." Gen George S. Patton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)
    Here is an interesting article about the NRA’s support of HR4477 and why not to trust it.
    https://www.conservativereview.com/a...ty-not-so-fast
    "Itís the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory." Gen George S. Patton

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    292 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOS24 View Post
    Here is an interesting article about the NRAís support of HR4477 and why not to trust it.
    https://www.conservativereview.com/a...ty-not-so-fast
    Interesting. The NRA threatens folks in Congress for daring to vote against infringements on the RKBA.

Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Interesting. The NRA threatens folks in Congress for daring to vote against infringements on the RKBA.

From the article:
    Under a Democrat-controlled DOJ, state agencies will be pressured to add not only known criminals, but also those with disabilities that even the ACLU was concerned about.
    It would seem this author sees laws enforced depending on "who" or which party controls the AG position?

In other words "Let's write laws and enforce them when it is politically expedient to do so" or drive the "agenda of the day"

So; AG Sessions will look the other way if this becomes law; a democrat won't? Yeesh!
    "A covenant not to defend myself from force, by force, is always void"...Thomas Hobbes