Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reciprocity on the move in the House.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Reciprocity on the move in the House.

Constitution grants them the power to force 2A as written on the states. This isn't that. But I figured this news would please some here..
    Personally I see it as a distraction.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...tee/index.html

The committee will vote on a bill that allows gun owners with permits to carry concealed weapons reciprocity to travel to other states with their firearms
    Will also include provisions for a study on how many crimes have been committed with bump fire stocks... Brilliant!!!!! SMH
    Pardon me, Sir, for this difference of opinion. my personal interest in such questions is entirely extinct; but not my wishes for the longest possible continuance of our government on itís pure principles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Thumbs up Waste of time

The **provision for a study** yada yada... I really wish the knuckleheads in the senate could FOCUS on ONE ISSUE at a time. Must be all those expensive liquors they drink on MY DIME.

I never shoulda dropped into this thread.
    --------oo------
    The demo-rats will get wind of this and they'll scream and hold their breath and have a collective conniption fit and it will all get flushed down the sanitary line.

And nothing pro 2A will become law.
    Last edited by NONAME762; November 28th, 2017 at 11:26 AM.
    Come January 20th 2017 there be a New SHERIFF hereabouts Yehaaaaa
    How much nuffin could a dindu do if a dindu dindu nuffin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nlyric View Post
    Constitution grants them the power to force 2A as written on the states. This isn't that. But I figured this news would please some here..
    Personally I see it as a distraction.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...tee/index.html

Will also include provisions for a study on how many crimes have been committed with bump fire stocks... Brilliant!!!!! SMH
    Once incident, lots of crimes.
    ďAnti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'Ē Isaac Asimov

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    292 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    I really wish the knuckleheads in the senate could FOCUS on ONE ISSUE at a time.
    ^ This.

• Funding the government beyond next week.
    • Tax bill -- get it right.
    • Healthcare -- providing some relief for those being buried in insurance coverage cost increases.
    • The mess with North Korea, and all the related negotiating (with China, Russia).
    • The mess with Russia (their muscle-flexing in Ukraine, Crimea, Syria, "threats" to Europe).

Way, way, waaaaay down the line, I'd say, is a relatively minor adjustment with the RKBA. Going after this thing right now is gonna send the insanity gene haywire, in a lot of the anti-RKBA types in Congress, to the point all the above gets put at risk. Ludicrous, right now.

After the above, instead of this "reciprocity" thing, I'd be much more interested in pushing through several hundred nominations for openings in the federal judiciary. Lots of judges needing to be put into slots. Get that done, and we could begin to see a lot of movement at the state level on thwarting the anti-RKBA undermining being pushed ... even declaration of many existing statutes on the books as unconstitutional.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Like I said just a diversion... Midterms rapidly approaching, why not usurp more unconstitutional power with the blessings of their constituents... Yet another non existent enumerated power they will happily grant themselves with cheers from the people... Kinda like the Patriot act.. What's the big deal it's just the Constitution and we really need this right now. YOMV but the fact is the suprmacy clause was an important check and balance against States becoming tyrannical be it by local mob rule or otherwise. Quite simply stated as limited to, and only applies when " pursuant to the Constitution" This does not meet that Criteria at all. Kinda sorta pursuant just doesn't cut it!!! And it's a trap. IMO
    Pardon me, Sir, for this difference of opinion. my personal interest in such questions is entirely extinct; but not my wishes for the longest possible continuance of our government on itís pure principles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)
    As much as I would love to be able to carry the next time I visit family in NY and MA, I really don’t think this is something that Congress should be spending a lot of energy on right now.

The focused efforts need to be good fixes for healthcare and taxes. Those are the issues most impacting the majority of Americans and the issues that will win or lose the most votes going into the new year.
    "Itís the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory." Gen George S. Patton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOS24 View Post
    As much as I would love to be able to carry the next time I visit family in NY and MA, I really donít think this is something that Congress should be spending a lot of energy on right now.

The focused efforts need to be good fixes for healthcare and taxes. Those are the issues most impacting the majority of Americans and the issues that will win or lose the most votes going into the new year.
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)
    I wish congress would spend time and energy on something . . . anything.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Oh but they are spending a lot of time, energy, and taxpayers dollars doing nothing but spinning their wheels while stuck in the swamp.
    "Itís the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory." Gen George S. Patton

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    "Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Mushashi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Yup with 4477 attached. Which includes Obama's no due process take your rights away provisions!!!! Among other nonsense... Last I heard NRA supports 4477. Grrrrrrr RR!!! Once it passes the Senate and Trump signs federal gun control over the states and the people just grew exponentially.
    Last edited by nlyric; December 6th, 2017 at 08:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)
    I've read both positive and negative op eds about what's attached to this reciprocity bill. I'm not sure if it's good or bad with the baggage attached. If the baggage comes from the progressive Democrats, then, I'm probably pretty concerned about it. If it would have been a "clean" bill, I probably would have been in favor of it, despite possible weaknesses. I hope more good information comes out on this. Right now, I'm on the fence and haven't contacted my congressmen about it.

What do people here think about the additions to this bill? Are they good? bad? indifferent?
    TANSTAAFL - "Moon is a Harsh Mistress"
    Gun control does not control criminals or terrorists, but it does make their victims easier to kill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRCarry View Post
    ....What do people here think about the additions to this bill? Are they good? bad? indifferent?
    I only know what others have said. I don't have time to read it myself. But I got an email from the National Association for Gun Rights, and they say the language is very bad in the fix NICS portion. According to them, it opens up the door for many more people to be denied their right to buy a gun. Senior citizens, those with any accusation at all of mental illness, etc. And those denied their right will not have the ability to defend themselves before a court. They say it will be increased gun control.

Those promoting this bill, say it fixes some reporting problems, such as the one with Sutherland Springs, Texas.

I'm inclined to believe that there's a whole lot more bad than good in the fix NICS portion. I was doubtful of the overall benefit of HR 38 as it was, but now I'm very much against it if the fixed NICS portion is as it seems to be.

Edit: I am all for any legal concealed carrier being able to carry in all 50 states, without fear of being arrested. My fear is, that at a future time when the liberals gain power again in Washington, they will turn this National Reciprocity bill into something that will cost us much more than we ever gained.

If our Republican elected representatives had taken advantage of the power they have now, with both houses in Congress, and the Presidency, I would feel better about it. They could have locked in power for several years to come, I believe. But they have squandered so much this year in not taking back lost ground. They seem to care a whole lot more about their own careers in Washington than they do about doing what's right for the American people. I don't think I have ever been more disappointed in any group of people in my life.
    Last edited by Fallsrider; December 7th, 2017 at 08:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRCarry View Post
    I've read both positive and negative op eds about what's attached to this reciprocity bill. I'm not sure if it's good or bad with the baggage attached. If the baggage comes from the progressive Democrats, then, I'm probably pretty concerned about it. If it would have been a "clean" bill, I probably would have been in favor of it, despite possible weaknesses. I hope more good information comes out on this. Right now, I'm on the fence and haven't contacted my congressmen about it.

What do people here think about the additions to this bill? Are they good? bad? indifferent?
    Question? How do you get anything "clean" from a bunch of swine rolling around in dung?