Thread: Kate Steinle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I can appreciate why acquittal for the charge of murder occurred.

What I can't understand is why the charge of manslaughter didn't result in a conviction.

Fact is, the guy's specific actions resulted in a death. Doesn't much matter that he'd prefer that hadn't happened. And, fact is, he's a convicted felon in possession, and possession while committing yet another felony crime. IMO, that is the miscarriage of justice, here. Utterly ignored by the jury, seemingly. Unless there are mitigating details we know nothing about.
    There's got to be something we're not hearing. I read he admitted he shot her, and that involuntary manslaughter was on the table. What I can't understand is that even if murder was not proven manslaughter should have been a given. It is really scary that a CA jury actually let someone like him get away with killing someone.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education.
    Mark Twain

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    304 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    There's got to be something we're not hearing. I read he admitted he shot her, and that involuntary manslaughter was on the table. What I can't understand is that even if murder was not proven manslaughter should have been a given. It is really scary that a CA jury actually let someone like him get away with killing someone.
    It is scary. And intolerable.

About as slam-dunk a case for manslaughter as, say, someone driving a car without headlights down a roadway at twice the speed limit, at night, mowing down a pedestrian in a crosswalk who's carrying a flashlight and "safety" (reflective) vest. While murder might not be possible to prove, the fact is the driver was there and driving, the driver failed to take precautions to avoid killing folks, and the corpse exists due to that driver doing what he/she did. Same as with this guy ... had the weapon, fooled with it or aimed it or whatever, and a corpse was the result because of him. Pretty simple, really, intended or not.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    There's got to be something we're not hearing.<snip>
    There is something we're not hearing. We're not hearing from the lamestream media how a bunch of looney-tune jurors on the left coast are willing to let a multiple offender and now murderer go free if it lets them thumb their noses at President Trump.

John W in SC

Moderator of the Universe jeanlouise's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

Jury nullification. They heard the facts, they heard the prosecution, they saw the evidence and they said, "we don't care".

Disgusting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    It is scary. And intolerable.

About as slam-dunk a case for manslaughter as, say, someone driving a car without headlights down a roadway at twice the speed limit, at night, mowing down a pedestrian in a crosswalk who's carrying a flashlight and "safety" (reflective) vest. While murder might not be possible to prove, the fact is the driver was there and driving, the driver failed to take precautions to avoid killing folks, and the corpse exists due to that driver doing what he/she did. Same as with this guy ... had the weapon, fooled with it or aimed it or whatever, and a corpse was the result because of him. Pretty simple, really, intended or not.
    You are correct except for one huge point. The guy is an illegal immigrant. This means the liberals want him to be here because they assume he will vote liberal and besides, we took this land from his ancestors and all.

Illegal aliens are not required to obey our immigration laws nor any others it now appears. We must just feel sorry for them and keep letting them break our laws as they are a protected group.

I do have one question though.

Why do we see illegal aliens waving the Mexican Flag at demonstrations? If Mexico is so great, why on earth are they coming here?
    “Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.” ~ Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    304 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    You are correct except for one huge point. The guy is an illegal immigrant. This means the liberals want him to be here because they assume he will vote liberal and besides, we took this land from his ancestors and all.
    The scary part: there is a sizeable percentage of U.S. citizens who'd sacrifice our own citizens over that principle.

Myself, I fear that percentage is north of single-digits. Though that's a WAG on my part.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik