Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone think gun color is a determining factor in a court case?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    324 Post(s)

Would anyone stop carrying a spare mag or reloads for a firearm because a lawyer said not to, or because jury members are easily lead? After all, if you carry extra ammo, and you're not a cop, you're a ammo arsenal carrying blood thirsty killer?

How about participating in online gun forums?

How about carrying your firearm in an Alien Gear Holster? I mean, you must believe in Aliens, thus mentally unfit to carry a firearm in the first place.

This all gets kind of silly when it is applied to every aspect of what someone might say in court IMO.
    Last edited by Nakyak; December 6th, 2017 at 09:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakyak View Post
    In the *don't give a jury any ammunition, even if it doesn't work*, would anyone have reservations about hiring this guy as a lawyer, considering he has a YouTube page, Tattoo sleeve, beard etc.?
    I know him personally and professionally, and would recommend him to anyone in need of a gun lawyer.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” Isaac Asimov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    In the *don't give a jury any ammunition, even if it doesn't work*, would anyone have reservations about hiring this guy as a lawyer, considering he has a YouTube page, Tattoo sleeve, beard etc.?
    If the jury would have hang ups about the color of a gun, I am quite sure they would have a problem with a bearded, tattooed lawyer. If I ever need a defense lawyer he will be a clean cut well dressed normal looking guy or woman.
    Last edited by chuck; December 6th, 2017 at 11:47 AM.
    U.S. Army (Ret) 1953-1977 ‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’
    — Patrick Henry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    This (bold face text) would seem to indicate appearance affects your decision process ... as it does for most of us. So non standard (as imaged by the general public) looking firearms my aid in the perception manipulation of a jury by lawyers. You can google "Mesa AZ police officer obscene inscription" and see a real world example ... The court recently excluded it from trial but ... could have been a tilt factory if used.

We (humans) demand facts but make most of our decisions are based on perception ... vis a vis Donald J.
    The future is coming whether we want it or not. And when the dam breaks we better know how to swim.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    324 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sporadic View Post
    This (bold face text) would seem to indicate appearance affects your decision process ... as it does for most of us. So non standard (as imaged by the general public) looking firearms my aid in the perception manipulation of a jury by lawyers. You can google "Mesa AZ police officer obscene inscription" and see a real world example ... The court recently excluded it from trial but ... could have been a tilt factory if used.

We (humans) demand facts but make most of our decisions are based on perception ... vis a vis Donald J.
    Agree. The problem I see is it goes way too far in some cases. Color of gun seems like color of suit. I'm not going to pick my lawyer based on what color he wears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)
    Agree. The problem I see is it goes way too far in some cases. Color of gun seems like color of suit. I'm not going to pick my lawyer based on what color he wears.
    Generally, I'll agree with you. I doubt the color of the gun would matter, although, as a guy, I'm not sure I would want to explain why my hand guns were pink and I had my AR15 keracoted pink. But, I doubt that the prosecutor would bring it up.

I would want my lawyer to make a good impression on the jury. Color of suit, not so important, as long as it's not pink or something like that. One of the better criminal defense attorneys around here tends to dress more casually. Still wears a suit and such, but, is often hurriedly getting his tie on as he enters court. It's sort of a joke. But, he is taken seriously by everyone due to his ability and demeanor. More than some who walk in in their very expensive suits.
    TANSTAAFL - "Moon is a Harsh Mistress"
    Gun control does not control criminals or terrorists, but it does make their victims easier to kill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    I would say that if the Prosecutor can successfully influence a jury over the color of a gun I would say that the defense counsel isn't worth a flip. I would be more worried about inflammatory bumper stickers on my car than the color of my firearm. that's just me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    324 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sporadic View Post

Are you talking about this guy?

http://www.azfamily.com/story/369858...autostart=true