Thread: High end competition rifles/shotguns

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    248 Post(s)

High end competition rifles/shotguns

http://www.cabelas.com/category/Krie.../103587480.uts I was surfing around the web and came across these impressive guns , for the person that has a few extra bucks .
    Go ahead punk make my day ..................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    214 Post(s)
    When I was stationed in California there would be occasionally a vender or two at the gun shows displaying Krieghoffs and other high end arms. Seeing them up close and in person is better than the pictures, they are works of art.
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.
    1/20/2017 The end of an error.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    182 Post(s)
    Site seems to down for maintenance just now.
    I find supremely ironic that God in his wisdom and grace has given man freedom of choice bounded by 10 simple rules. Man in his finite wisdom has created millions of rules to limit freedom of choice and personal responsibility of man.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    652 Post(s)
    If Hammer doesn't have something in this category, we should try to talk him into getting one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    248 Post(s)

I am fairly sure Hammer has at least one in this group .
    Go ahead punk make my day ..................

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    652 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    I am fairly sure Hammer has at least one in this group .
    Yeah, but he always needs more That way we can see pics

NUTS! Gen. McAuliffe Stumpkiller's Avatar
    Upstate NY in the headlands of the foothills
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)
    Drool.

I have a couple issues of "The Double Gun Journal" that featured the high-end double rifles and shotguns. Some of the ads listed five and even six figure Purdys, Holland & Holland, Merkel . . . Just incredible guns.

On a related note - my long deceased scoutmaster was in Germany after WWII. His unit confiscated ANY weapons and destryoed them. Old drillings, doubles, flintlocks . . . anything. They were each allowed to send home one. He had a 16 ga/7x57mm double that was out of this world engraving.

But he said he destroyed hundreds by smashing them against a utiliy pole, and then the barrels they placed on the curb and drove half-track over them to bend them. Waaaaaaah!

He also had an M3 (in 1973+/-) with .45 and 9mm barrels . . . I wonder where that ended up?

Closest I'll ever come is my Ithaca/SKB 200-E 20 gauge. Automatic ejectors, engraving and a beautiful bit of walnut. It is a "boxed" set with three pairs of barrels: S1/S2, M/IC, F/M. Beautiful little 6 lb grouse gun.
    Every word of God is pure; He is a Shield (TM) unto them that put their trust in Him. Proverbs 30:5
    In training to be the forum's assistant deputy backup curmudgeon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    http://www.cabelas.com/category/Krie.../103587480.uts I was surfing around the web and came across these impressive guns , for the person that has a few extra bucks .
    Those are more than a "few extra bucks!" Sweet, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpkiller View Post
    Drool.

I have a couple issues of "The Double Gun Journal" that featured the high-end double rifles and shotguns. Some of the ads listed five and even six figure Purdys, Holland & Holland, Merkel . . . Just incredible guns.

On a related note - my long deceased scoutmaster was in Germany after WWII. His unit confiscated ANY weapons and destryoed them. Old drillings, doubles, flintlocks . . . anything. They were each allowed to send home one. He had a 16 ga/7x57mm double that was out of this world engraving.

But he said he destroyed hundreds by smashing them against a utiliy pole, and then the barrels they placed on the curb and drove half-track over them to bend them. Waaaaaaah!

He also had an M3 (in 1973+/-) with .45 and 9mm barrels . . . I wonder where that ended up?

Closest I'll ever come is my Ithaca/SKB 200-E 20 gauge. Automatic ejectors, engraving and a beautiful bit of walnut. It is a "boxed" set with three pairs of barrels: S1/S2, M/IC, F/M. Beautiful little 6 lb grouse gun.
    Since my dad and uncles fought in WWII, I can understand why they would destroy any weapons they found. But I still cringe when I read about it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1059 Post(s)
    When I was sixteen, I visited friends in SC who were going deer hunting the next morning. I didn't bring a gun with me, so one of the more well-to-do members of the hunting club loaned me a rifle . . . a double-barrel .458 Win Magnum. He called it his elephant gun.

I didn't see a deer, but at the camp afterwards, he asked me if I wanted to shoot it. Me being sixteen and not so smart, I said, "Sure!" To get to the point, I managed to fire both barrels at the same time. It all but broke my shoulder!

I won't pick up a .458 Mag now. The sight of one makes me break a sweat.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    When I was sixteen, I visited friends in SC who were going deer hunting the next morning. I didn't bring a gun with me, so one of the more well-to-do members of the hunting club loaned me a rifle . . . a double-barrel .458 Win Magnum. He called it his elephant gun.

I didn't see a deer, but at the camp afterwards, he asked me if I wanted to shoot it. Me being sixteen and not so smart, I said, "Sure!" To get to the point, I managed to fire both barrels at the same time. It all but broke my shoulder!

I have a good friend who doubled a 470 Nitro Express double rifle. He's a good sized guy and he wound up sitting on the ground. He fired the gun by pulling the front trigger first rather than the back one. With that much recoil, if you pull the front trigger first, it tends to shove your hand back so basically both barrels go off at the same time. Ouch!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    289 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post

That had to hurt. Have too ask, did you give a little pay-back for that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    184 Post(s)
    I have looked at some guns in Cabela's library and Rock Island Auctions that I would have had to sell my entire gun collection to afford. This one would have made me sell my house, vehicles, and gun collection.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...uring-co-model
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1059 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    That had to hurt. Have too ask, did you give a little pay-back for that?
    No, I considered it self-inflicted. Best not to offend the members of a hunt club when you're a guest. I wasn't quite the curmudgeon then. One of the bullets hit the target, the first round, I suppose. The second probably ended up in VA.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.