Thread: Roll Tide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Roll Tide

Congrats to the Alabama Crimson Tide. One of the best college games I've ever seen. Great comeback on the arm of a freshman. 5 titles in the last 9 years - now, that's impressive!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Yes, congrats to the team that least deserved to ever be in the playoffs lol. When they got there they won but if their name was Alabama it never would have happened in the first place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lewe49 View Post
    Yes, congrats to the team that least deserved to ever be in the playoffs lol. When they got there they won but if their name was Alabama it never would have happened in the first place

So who deserved to be there Lewe? Alabama lost one game but was number 1 for 99 percent of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    I thought the UGA Vs OU double overtime was the best game of the season ... but no ... the championship game was FANTASTIC. Congrats to both teams.
    .... we donít control and cannot rely on external events, only ourselves and our responses. - Marcus Aurelius -

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    Congrats to Alabama, but I was really rooting for the Dawgs.
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Those football teams from Georgia have a nasty habit of dropping games after building a good halftime lead, huh...?

Georgia, and Alabama......that game, for me, was more like NCAA version of dueling banjos, championship edition.
    "Most of what people get mad about is just noise anyway." DV AU
    Life's too short for anything less than good whiskey, good beer, good friends & family, and gumbo.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    962 Post(s)
    Saw the highlights films, on youtube, though I'd missed the actual game itself.

I thought GA played the vastly better game, at least for the first couple of quarters. Very, very entertaining to watch how strongly they dominated ... at least, for awhile. And then, things turned around. Nail-biter at the end, I suppose.

Congrats to all "Tide" fans.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    I had really hoped for another rematch of Clemson-Alabama (in the championship game) but, alas it was not to be. Then when paired up in the playoff game, Clemson forgot to show up. I guess the younger players had the playoff jitters. Anyway, Alabama has had three tough and exciting championship games in a row, you sure can't take that away from them.
    GO NAVY!
    All Heros don't have a cape. Some wear Kevlar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    So who deserved to be there Lewe? Alabama lost one game but was number 1 for 99 percent of the season.

Itís obvious isnít it? UCF. Alabama was ranked so high because of their name alone. Everyone in the country understands there is an sec bias and especially an Alabama bias. People see Alabamaís opponents as better than they truly are, and give them more credit than they are due. The best tide win all season before the playoffs was against........ MISSISSIPPI STATE. Say that out loud to yourself. Against a lousy miss state team. And by a touchdown. They were absolutely no more deserving than ucf and lost a game to their rival after playing........ MERCER! Is that a game? Yet UCF beat that same team... so I would say there is a really good case for declaring Alabama the worst team to make it in to the playoffs, ever. However, give Saban (re: Satan) a month and he can prepare for anyone! Dude can coach his tail off. This was a year where the top 3 were evident from the power 5 but the 4th needed to come from the outside. This makes the case for an 8 team playoff very strongly and also reflects negatively on the committee since theyíve lost all respect from a large chunk of the country.