Thread: Cop smashes window with gun (Bad Idea)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)

Cop smashes window with gun (Bad Idea)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.cb52648b0f51 I did not read the article yet , but a cop shoots a driver smashing a window .
    Go ahead punk make my day ..................

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    248 Post(s)
    Can't fix stupid.
    I find supremely ironic that God in his wisdom and grace has given man freedom of choice bounded by 10 simple rules. Man in his finite wisdom has created millions of rules to limit freedom of choice and personal responsibility of man.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    692 Post(s)
    Seems that no real detail is being released yet,, I would not think that using my gun to break a car window is a good idea,, too many things can go wrong as just did in this indecent,,, There are tools for breaking auto glass and they work well,, if there was no eminent danger at the moment,, I would think that there should be charges brought,,, Let's see when the video and some detail is released how this plays out..
    Nonsensical Gibberish Talkin Clown,,, Das Me,,,, hehehehe.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    Neither the officer or the driver will face criminal charges. So why was he breaking the window in the first place. Or are they just being nice considering punishment was already served, albeit unintended.
    ...What struck me strange is the officers department did the investigation but they turn their fundings over to another counties DAs to avoid the appearance of any conflicts of interest. LOL good thought but I think they didn't think that one all the way through.
    Pardon me, Sir, for this difference of opinion. my personal interest in such questions is entirely extinct; but not my wishes for the longest possible continuance of our government on itís pure principles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    224 Post(s)
    But it works so well on TV!

Asst. Administrator DogWalksWithMe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    387 Post(s)
    I would have pressed charges against the SUV driver given these facts.

The incident began with a 911 call to police at about 8:20 p.m. Nov. 5 from a motorist saying his car was being rammed in a parking lot by an SUV.
    Archer was the first officer to arrive at the lot at Veirs Mill and Randolph roads, an area of the county between Wheaton and Rockville, police said. He saw a Cadillac Escalade driving up against the back of a Camry, the car described by the 29-year-old caller to 911. It appeared that the SUV driver thought the other car was blocking his exit from the parking lot, police officials said, when in reality the car was pinned against a curb.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    962 Post(s)
    Depending on the situation, I can see where one's firearm might well be the best tool available. However, with an active-duty LEO carrying a full load-out, it's hard to imagine a better tool didn't exist ... club, glass-break tool, butt-end of an all-metal flashlight.

Still, a sidearm ought to be very effective, presuming one is competent and attentive enough to manage the four safe-handling guidelines ... specifically, know what the hell the target is and what's beyond it. Simply taking a swing at a window while the muzzle covers (and shoots) an occupant or someone nearby isn't good enough (of course).

I suspect that the person's gonna get signed up for a bit more training, at minimum. Bad choice. Ought to come with some consequences, depending.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)
    One might start by motioning the driver to roll his window down, rather than drawing his gun while approaching.
    TANSTAAFL - "Moon is a Harsh Mistress"
    OldVet, 30 March 2018: "But being the agreeable sort, I agree."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Article is a little thin on specifics. The suv was "driving against" a camery pinned to a curb. Sounds like sounds like the driver may have been actively trying to push an immovable object out of the way. Perhaps spinning the tires and what not. If the driver would not stop when the officer arrived it could explain the officer's need to break the window. He may have drew his weapon in an attempt to get the driver to stop and then just used the gun to break the window because that's what was in his hand.