Personally, I prefer to use Fiber Optic
    Hi to everybody here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)
    I like tritium but wish they would use something with a little longer half life.
    Like maybe a thousand years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    I prefer the TruGlo TFX Pro sights.

https://www.truglo.com/firearms-hand...30C1841BDD3D5E
    Same here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    199 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slice11 View Post
    Ask Gatopardo, he'll tell you what to do....
    Over, and over, and over...

I have Trijicon's on two handguns and a third is waiting. I don't like fiber optics and red disappears at night.
    "I need your clothes, your boots und your motocycle..." Don't think it won't happen, it's practically here.
    I like all kinds of foreign guns,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    158 Post(s)
    I don't have any Tritium or fiber optic sights but have any of you guys that are spending big bucks on sights ever taken any low light classes? To each his own but I spent my money on CrimsonTrace lasers and of course Low Light and Point and Shoot classes. Hopefully I will never be required to use the training or the lasers in a SD situation.
    U.S. Army (Ret) 1953-1977 ‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’
    — Patrick Henry

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    199 Post(s)
    I had low light training with the Sheriff's Department. Very enlightening.
    "I need your clothes, your boots und your motocycle..." Don't think it won't happen, it's practically here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Funny enough... I Just switched to trijicon brought and tough, have them on both my guns. Maybe I'll try tfx of anything happens to these.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    I prefer the TruGlo TFX Pro sights.

https://www.truglo.com/firearms-hand...30C1841BDD3D5E
    In my opinion, I am in complete agreement with you. This is the best advance in handgun sights in years. I have those sights on my 1911s and several other handguns. I absolutely love them.

All of that said, in complete disclosure, I don't run sights on my carry gun of any kind, which would handicap me at 25+ yards, but, then so would the gun. Right or wrong, I carry a SA XDs in .45 ACP on the premise I'm only going to need that gun for situations less than 10 yards and for that speed is more important to me and I have trained for years to put my rounds center of mass without "aiming" in the traditional sense. If I need a gun at 25+ yards I want a 1911 or better yet, a carbine both of which are also available in less than a minute most of the time where the need is likely to arise.

At 25+ yards I'm really hoping I will be able to hide or run rather than get involved in a gun fight which is far less likely at four to seven yards.
    Never take advice on self defense calibers or tactics from people who have never been in a real gunfight.

American By Birth, Southern By The Grace of God
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    XS Big Dot Sights (Tritium) are one of the best investments I have made. My eye just naturally finds it and quickly too.
    “Truth to a Liberal is as Salt to a Slug” Unknown

"Trump-Making The World Great Again, One XXXXhole At A Time" (James Delingpole)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck View Post
    I don't have any Tritium or fiber optic sights but have any of you guys that are spending big bucks on sights ever taken any low light classes? To each his own but I spent my money on CrimsonTrace lasers and of course Low Light and Point and Shoot classes. Hopefully I will never be required to use the training or the lasers in a SD situation.
    Yes.

I don't use any sights on my carry guns. Many years ago (1970s) I was the firearms instructor who introduced this concept to a major law enforcement agency's agents.

The concept was not new, it was being taught and used in the 1930s in Shanghai very effectively. The same two guys who introduced it there, went on to teach it to both the British SOG groups durning WWII and the American OSS. The military in both countries disapproved of the concept as did the FBI and most LE agencies. (A few FBI agents and firearms instructors understood it but it was mostly used by the folks whose assignments increased the odds they would be engaging at close quarters.) For the average LEO the risk of such encounters is very, very low and the cost of training very high so most agencies disapprove of it. They would rather spend their precious budget on trying to get their uniformed LEOs trained for longer range shooting because it is more probable for a uniformed officer.

The very fact that two posters on this thread mentioned it and received it from a law enforcement agency amazes me, but also makes me very happy that someone is paying attention.

You ought to start an informational thread on this and the training you received.
    Never take advice on self defense calibers or tactics from people who have never been in a real gunfight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wunderneun View Post
    I had low light training with the Sheriff's Department. Very enlightening.

You ought to start an informational thread on this method and the training you received.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    199 Post(s)
    It wasn't any different than training in daylight. We were taught mostly to ignore the flash and keep the gun pointed at the target. They stressed two in the center of mass and one to the head based on your first shot. The flash was blinding and it takes several seconds to be able to see again, and then not all that clearly for several more. Think about that if you ever think about carrying a compensated pistol of regular carry after dark.

We practiced this for about two hundred rounds or so. I don't remember the exact round count but I remember loading magazine after magazine in near total darkness.

It was very disorienting on the firing line having to fire multiple rounds as if it was daylight and you could actually see. You did the best you could.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wunderneun View Post
    It wasn't any different than training in daylight. We were taught mostly to ignore the flash and keep the gun pointed at the target. They stressed two in the center of mass and one to the head based on your first shot. The flash was blinding and it takes several seconds to be able to see again, and then not all that clearly for several more. Think about that if you ever think about carrying a compensated pistol of regular carry after dark.

We practiced this for about two hundred rounds or so. I don't remember the exact round count but I remember loading magazine after magazine in near total darkness.

It was very disorienting on the firing line having to fire multiple rounds as if it was daylight and you could actually see. You did the best you could.

Now it makes sense. They gave you just enough to whet your appetite. Was this for sworn personnel?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    199 Post(s)
    Yes. It was taught under the supervision of the Southwestern Illinois Law Enforcement Commission (SILEC).