Thread: Oops! Wrong house again!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)

Oops! Wrong house again!

Home owner shoots intruder, accomplish surrenders. No charges against home owner while sheriff warns BGs.

http://www.wpbf.com/article/deputies...beach/16021724
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)
    from the article: “Just shy of ten percent are lawfully possessing firearms,” Sheriff Loar said. “That’s something to keep in mind.”
    What a great sheriff!
    TANSTAAFL - "Moon is a Harsh Mistress"
    Gun control does not control criminals or terrorists, but it does make their victims easier to kill.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)

I would count on more than 10% possessing firearms. He may be counting only CWFL holders.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    508 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    “Just shy of ten percent are lawfully possessing firearms,” Sheriff Loar said. “That’s something to keep in mind.”
    I'm sure he has no idea, actually. FLA, face-to-face private transactions ... who knows how many individuals have arms and are willing to use them to defend themselves.

Kudos to the citizen. Sucks to be a criminal. Even worse, a stupid and careless one one.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Sounds like my county sheriff(Fort Bend TX). "Don't come into Fort Bend waving a gun, you might leave in a body bag"
    Gun culture at its best is rooted in a desire to protect, and especially to protect the people we love-Rachel Lu (University of St. Thomas)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    264 Post(s)
    I do love a happy ending,,, What does bug me is how media titles the story,, "No Charges Filed" instead of something like here is what can happen to you if you choose to break into someones home.....
    Nonsensical Gibberish Talkin Clown,,, Das Me,,,, hehehehe.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Typical Liberal gun hating headline of "No Charges" to be filed against the homeowner who defended himself against an armed intruder, who fired first at the homeowner. I hate headlines like this alluding to the homeowner being the guilty party of shooting a burglar. The headline should be "Criminal Dirt Bag Shot by Law Abiding Homeowner in Self Defense."

Again, it shows that these incidents, even when the shoot is justified, they always are going to allude that the homeowner is the guilty party until the facts come out. The intruder was armed, no doubt with an illegal hand gun and was totally willing to use it to shoot the homeowner because he got caught in the commission of a crime.

Too bad the dirt bag survived, it would have been a much better outcome. His "teenage" assistant should take this as a valuable lesson and leave the occupation of burglary for his own safety. We'll see though.
    Duct Tape. It's like The Force. It has a Light Side and a Dark Side and it binds The Universe together.
    Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill every time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRCarry View Post
    from the article: “Just shy of ten percent are lawfully possessing firearms,” Sheriff Loar said. “That’s something to keep in mind.”
    What a great sheriff!
    And since he identified the resident as the victim, the reporter had to as well.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)
    “Just shy of ten percent are lawfully possessing firearms,” Sheriff Loar said. “That’s something to keep in mind.”
    C'mon residents; let's get that number up tp 50%.
    "A covenant not to defend myself from force, by force, is always void"...Thomas Hobbes