Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud:  0

Thread: Good used firearms value reference on-line?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    233 Post(s)

Good used firearms value reference on-line?

Can anyone recommend a good used firearms value reference guide that is available on-line? Some of what I am seeing on-line, I need to pay and subscribe. I don't mind paying, if I am getting a good product. But since I have not used these products before, I would be taking a guess / gamble.
    Contact your reps about restrictive gun laws->https://act.nraila.org/
    Lady Shooters! PM me if you would like to join a female private firearms sub-group!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    202 Post(s)
    The Blue Book of Gun Values is the industry standard for evaluating most common firearms. It does not cover every variation or variety of a particular firearm for collector use and valuation. Those firearms are evaluated mostly on a case by case basis and are not for the most part, mainstream firearms you will find in the local gun store used case.
    "I need your clothes, your boots und your motocycle..." Don't think it won't happen, it's practically here.
    I like all kinds of foreign guns,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    If you hop around from gun store to pawn shop regularly you should have a good idea what they go for locally. To see what they are "selling" for on a much wider spread I check gun broker dot com. You'll see some that are "listed" for ridiculous prices but then, they've probably been posted there for months or even years.

If it is something you're wanting to sell, take it to a pawn shop for an offer. They'll usually offer you about half of what they think they can sell it for.
    GO NAVY!
    "Come on now son. Next to girls and gasoline, a J-frame is all an American boy needs." Savageheartland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    The Blue Book is a good value though I have not used the online version. Some manufacturers may not be listed in the Bluebook if they sell only military style weapons. I keep a pretty up-to-date hardcopy with me when I participate in online auctions and it covers a large percentage of the weapons I am looking at.
    “Civil Wars happen when the victimized are armed. Genocide happens when they are not.”
    ― A.E. Samaan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    +1 for Gunbroker. You may have to be a registered user, but you can search completed auctions to view the range of what certain guns are selling for online.

Also, by looking at current auctions you can see what people who have already done some research are asking pricewise.
    Vote with your dollars.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    136 Post(s)
    I'd go with Blue Book...most local gun shops do. At least, it is a good place to start for a baseline idea of value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buku Ringo View Post
    +1 for Gunbroker. You may have to be a registered user, but you can search completed auctions to view the range of what certain guns are selling for online.

Also, by looking at current auctions you can see what people who have already done some research are asking pricewise.
    I agree that gun broker is one of the best sources of information. I'm not sure why you would not want to register there. For one thing, a registered user can put a gun on watch and see what the gun actually ends up selling for.
    Never take advice on self defense calibers or tactics from people who have never been in a real gunfight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    233 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceMcCall View Post
    I agree that gun broker is one of the best sources of information. I'm not sure why you would not want to register there. For one thing, a registered user can put a gun on watch and see what the gun actually ends up selling for.
    That is one of the things I am doing. Even if I am not ready to buy now, I watch a bunch of things I do want to buy, and put the end selling price into a spreadsheet for reference. That is fine for planned items. But sometimes, that unplanned opportunity comes by...
    Contact your reps about restrictive gun laws->https://act.nraila.org/
    Lady Shooters! PM me if you would like to join a female private firearms sub-group!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    You could always ask the good people at personaldefenseforum.net.
    Vote with your dollars.