Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud:  0

Thread: What do you do for your gun safe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Cool What do you do for your gun safe?

Hello dear,

Have a nice day! I hope someone might help me here. I have a gun I use for hunting. I would like to keep my gun in a safe and secure place. What do you do for you gun safe? Do you use any locker?

Please letme know. Thanks!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    872 Post(s)
    Here is a good place to start, if looking for a solid safe: Gun Safe Buyers' Guide @ 6mmbr.com.

Beware, specifically, of the difference between a safe and a locking storage box. Depending on the level of protection you want, boxes that lock might well not be stout enough for you. Also depends on what sort of house/apartment structural issues you might have ... such as, strength of floor joists, wanting to haul it downstairs into a basement area, ability to bolt it down to a foundation or against walls.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Thanks for your reply mate. Much more helpful for the people who are looking for some great reviews. For your kind information, I have an apartment building. There are total 8 rooms and a storeroom to keep all of our necessary things. I want to buy a nice locker and keep my all guns and rifiles there. What do you think? Is this will be a good idea? Do you have another suggestion. I'm open to accept any sugg
    estions.
    Last edited by Wunderneun; March 1st, 2018 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Spam. Violation of Rule 6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    I have a Yukon, its probably not the single most secure box but it weighs near 500# empty and holds 6-7 long guns and a variety of pistols. Still, is bolted down. My goal is to create an unacceptable delay for anyone wishing to steal it.

Also have a Ft Knox handgun lockbox (keypad entry) going to boot down for my daughters use of her EDC when she moves out in March (June wedding).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    872 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sapuramal View Post
    Thanks for your reply mate. Much more helpful for the people who are looking for some great reviews. For your kind information, I have an apartment building. There are total 8 rooms and a storeroom to keep all of our necessary things. I want to buy a nice locker and keep my all guns and rifiles there.
    Whether an apartment or a house, you'll need to ensure that the strength of the floor joists can handle the amount of weight that a safe brings. Plus, if there are stairs to navigate during installation of the safe, the stairs will need to be able to take the weight as well.

Perhaps a ~500lb safe with a stout door and large/solid bolts all around might suit you. Myself, I have always been partial to the American Security (AMSEC) company's products, generally, the BF Series of safes in particular. Like the AMSEC BF 6024 gun safe, which is ~700lbs, . Not the best on the market, but very strong and a great value as compared to many other products out there. Tough enough to dissuade the average thief, but not so heavy that it'll break through the floors of most homes. Can be bolted to the floor/wall.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sapuramal View Post
    Hello dear,

Have a nice day! I hope someone might help me here. I have a gun I use for hunting. I would like to keep my gun in a safe and secure place. What do you do for you gun safe? Do you use any locker?

Please letme know. Thanks!
    I would definitely want a safe instead of a locker or cabinet.
    First, what is available to you in your country? I'm sure having something shipped to you from Europe or the USA will be very expensive. In your OP you stated you have "a" gun. In post #3 you indicate you have plural guns. Not knowing how many you have, we cannot tell you what size to get.
    If you plan to get more guns, get a safe with space for twice as many as you currently have.
    Also consider you can keep other valuable items in it, in addition to guns. Cash, precious metals, jewelry, cameras, important papers, etc. Beside printed papers, I also keep files backed up from my computer on a flash drive hanging on a teacup hook inside the safe.
    GO NAVY!
    All Heros don't have a cape. Some wear Kevlar.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    181 Post(s)
    I have a Steelwater rifle gun safe I have been happy with. Not the best on the market but good quality and affordable

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I don’t think Sapuramal specified, but can you imagine carrying or even sliding a 500# safe up the stairs to a 2nd or 3rd or 4th floor to the apt? I’d like the idea of one of those knock-down safes we could take up one side panel at a time.
    Regards, Sax
    G27 G19 G17
    IDPA A158430

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)
    There is a lot more to it and the main one is; the floors live load rating. Live load is the furniture etc. Local building codes specify the minimum live load that floors must be able to bear. I do believe the minimum is 40 lbs per square foot. If it is a concrete pad, no problem. The framed flooring would be cause for live load concerns.
    U.S. Army (Ret) 1953-1977 ‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’
    — Patrick Henry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)
    There is another important specification that I overlooked: Fire certification, IMO anything less than
    Class IV 120-minute 2-Hour 1880 fire certification is a waste of money.
    U.S. Army (Ret) 1953-1977 ‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’
    — Patrick Henry