0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)

Miramar SWAT Officers Suspended

For responding to the Parkland school shooting without permission:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/br...307-story.html
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” Isaac Asimov

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    956 Post(s)
    Interesting.

I can see how a department not having folks "accounted for" in the field can make it tough if some other situation arises where staff are needed on those calls. Say, if everyone headed over to that venue, but then the folks experiencing a robbery or a stand-off with a violent person (for example) would have had nobody to call on.

Still, it's hard to imagine folks getting disciplined for responding to what's essentially an all-hands situation. Kids being executed out of hand by the dozens. Hell, who wouldn't jump right in and do everything they could.

Raises an interesting question, though, doesn't it? The Parkland Sheriff department staff were told to not go in. The on-site Parkland department RO (?) didn't go in. The Miramar SWAT folks get suspended and disciplined for attempting to respond. Who do the citizens have to turn to, when nobody's allowed to actually do anything in such a situation?

Reminds me of a quote from a film:

"When the doctors start acting like businessmen, who do the people turn to for doctors?"

- Dr. Dennis Donohue (as played by Matthew Modine), in the 1993 film And The Band Played On, when he was trying to get doctors to tolerate acceptance of a CDC-initiated blood test across the board on blood products that were tainted with AIDS-infected donors ... where the doctors all thought it a ludicrous idea (mostly because it'd cost $millions to implement such tests.

And here we've got LE "desk jockeys" (politicians) acting like "businessmen" because they apparently like their cushy desk assignments and lording it over all staff more than they enjoy actually helping people. Par for the course down there, it seems.

I'm wondering one thing: where's the legal push to eject these types for deliberate and wanton dereliction of duty, cover-up and all the rest? Hopefully, it'll come at some point.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Interesting.

I can see how a department not having folks "accounted for" in the field can make it tough if some other situation arises where staff are needed on those calls. Say, if everyone headed over to that venue, but then the folks experiencing a robbery or a stand-off with a violent person (for example) would have had nobody to call on.

Still, it's hard to imagine folks getting disciplined for responding to what's essentially an all-hands situation. Kids being executed out of hand by the dozens. Hell, who wouldn't jump right in and do everything they could.

Raises an interesting question, though, doesn't it? The Parkland Sheriff department staff were told to not go in. The on-site Parkland department RO (?) didn't go in. The Miramar SWAT folks get suspended and disciplined for attempting to respond. Who do the citizens have to turn to, when nobody's allowed to actually do anything in such a situation?

Reminds me of a quote from a film:

"When the doctors start acting like businessmen, who do the people turn to for doctors?"

- Dr. Dennis Donohue (as played by Matthew Modine), in the 1993 film And The Band Played On, when he was trying to get doctors to tolerate acceptance of a CDC-initiated blood test across the board on blood products that were tainted with AIDS-infected donors ... where the doctors all thought it a ludicrous idea (mostly because it'd cost $millions to implement such tests.

And here we've got LE "desk jockeys" (politicians) acting like "businessmen" because they apparently like their cushy desk assignments and lording it over all staff more than they enjoy actually helping people. Par for the course down there, it seems.

I'm wondering one thing: where's the legal push to eject these types for deliberate and wanton dereliction of duty, cover-up and all the rest? Hopefully, it'll come at some point.
    If they could have responded fast enough they might have reduced the carnage, the liberals that orchestrated the attack by deliberately ignoring all the warnings that this nutcase was going to shoot up the school would not be happy.
    Hell, for that matter maybe some of the 39 calls out to his house were to coach him in the deed, can anyone prove otherwise? kind of makes sense, doesn't it?

If anyone thinks what I said is outlandish, just remember, they are calling us murderers and want to shoot all NRA members.
    It's high time we got nasty back.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    246 Post(s)
    I think a verbal warning would have been the most they would have deserved or a training session clarifiying the procedures for the department.

I did find this amusing/ironic in a dark humor way

The instinct to run toward danger is a common one in police officers, seen often during terrorist attacks and mass shootings.
    Not all!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)
    Just adds to my thinking this was all a False Flag event. It occurred to push GUN CONTROL. To many of these little COINCIDENCES.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Gun culture at its best is rooted in a desire to protect, and especially to protect the people we love-Rachel Lu (University of St. Thomas)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    Just adds to my thinking this was all a False Flag event. It occurred to push GUN CONTROL. To many of these little COINCIDENCES.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

^^^^^^^I am in this camp on this one^^^^^^^^^^^^

The puppetmasters care not of the carnage caused, and the cannon fodder that are to expire in their quest to control the world. If there was a fool rushing in, do you suppose he would have been "shot" , mistaken as the shooter?????
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I don't know how to be violent