Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1425 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If President Trump begins choosing people with zero political experience to fill cabinet positions; I'm available.

Oh ya; one condition; if I do get the job, I want to be on FOX news to pump my new book written by a ghost writer.
    I want to be Secretary of War.

And I walked in and sat down and they gave me a piece of paper, said, "Kid, see the psychiatrist, room 604." And I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill, KILL, KILL." And I started jumping up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL," and he started jumping up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL." And the Sargent came over, pinned a medal on me, sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy."

(Thank you, Arlo.)
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    196 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanlouise View Post
    I think it's taken Trump longer to get his, "sea legs" if you will, because he's NOT a politician. He stepped into the highest office in the land, cold turkey. He was under the mistaken impression that you can trust people who work with you to be loyal and honest.

That many (all of them coming from the Obama administration) aren't honest, loyal or even willing to work for the good of the country must have come as a disappointing realization. If he had been a career Politician he would have known this going into office and been better prepared for the backstabbing, leaking and general ugliness.

He's a pretty quick learner though. Now that he has a year in office I think we'll see things smooth out and he'll really be able to get things done.

I'm very optimistic about the future of the country.
    I've made bold what I believe is a cause of many of Trump's problems. This isn't about Democrats vs Republicans, or liberals vs conservatives, its about insiders vs an outsider. Insiders of all stripes would rather see an outsider go down in flames if for no other reason than to protect their insider status. Many Republican insiders would rather lose to insider Hillary than win with outsider Trump.

Reminds me of the joke about the airplane passenger who hoped the plane would crash because he didn't like the pilot.

John W in SC

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)
    Trump is demanding and probably a pain to work for , he expects loyalty like no other person .

I like Trump because he is willing to fire based on policy , the last 8 years or even longer we developed a curtain of people that were never fired for any wrong doing (even laws being broke) the former Presidents would take up for and lie for the persons and the persons would lie for the President .

President Trump don't care about the Optics of a firing .
    Go ahead punk make my day ..................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    230 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siam View Post
    I actually saw where a cure for cancer ended up spreading a world wide virus that killed the entire worlds population in the show Seven Days. So, there could be a negative
    Yey! no more global warming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I want to be Secretary of War.

And I walked in and sat down and they gave me a piece of paper, said, "Kid, see the psychiatrist, room 604." And I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill, KILL, KILL." And I started jumping up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL," and he started jumping up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL." And the Sargent came over, pinned a medal on me, sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy."

(Thank you, Arlo.)
    I'd vote for you.. but I just need to know one thing? Have you ever been arrested? For like ummm littering?
    I hear they have this thing called the group W... Think the littering thing might apply to leaving things like landmines scattered about.
    Pardon me, Sir, for this difference of opinion. my personal interest in such questions is entirely extinct; but not my wishes for the longest possible continuance of our government on itís pure principles.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1425 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nlyric View Post
    I'd vote for you.. but I just need to know one thing? Have you ever been arrested? For like ummm littering?
    I hear they have this thing called the group W... Think the littering thing might apply to leaving things like landmines scattered about.
    Littering mines would imply randomly placed. Nothing random about where I place them.
    Last edited by OldVet; March 13th, 2018 at 06:18 PM.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    196 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Littering mines would imply randomly placed. Nothing random about where place them.
    Off the side of aside road, as I recall. The dump was closed on Thanksgiving.

John W in SC