Thread: Glock 19X Range Time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)

Glock 19X Range Time

I was very fortunate this morning while at the range, got to shoot a Glock 19X. The gun continues to be as ugly as are all Glock's IMO. The grip angle is the show stopper for me. 17 and 19 round mags are a plus but would eliminate it as conceal carry for me. 38 rounds fired, no malfunctions but brass in face was rather bothersome. Would I purchase one? I doubt it, to big for me to carry and I surely don't need a 9mm target pistol.
    U.S. Army (Ret) 1953-1977 ‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’
    — Patrick Henry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    268 Post(s)
    Had to look it up. News to me. I understand the grip angle gripe but I've never had issue with rounds to the face with any Glocks I have owned. Is that a southpaw issue Chuck? Or just that gun?
    Pardon me, Sir, for this difference of opinion. my personal interest in such questions is entirely extinct; but not my wishes for the longest possible continuance of our government on it’s pure principles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nlyric View Post
    Had to look it up. News to me. I understand the grip angle gripe but I've never had issue with rounds to the face with any Glocks I have owned. Is that a southpaw issue Chuck? Or just that gun?
    No not a southpaw problem, the brass in face was experienced by three different shooters. They seem to think it was a ammo problem and were going to try a different manufacturer. I left before they tried the different ammo.
    Last edited by chuck; April 13th, 2018 at 06:10 PM.
    U.S. Army (Ret) 1953-1977 ‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’
    — Patrick Henry

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Interesting. I don’t get brass to the face.

I use Remington and Brass Federal 115 Grain.

I enjoy shooting mine. I plan to use mine for home defense.

I carry a Glock 19.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk