Thread: Great little flashlight

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)

Great little flashlight

I went to visit my ex partner at my old place of employment to catch up on things. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small flashlight and handed it to me. He told me to make sure I didn't look into it when I turned it on. When I turned it on, I was blown away at the brightness. It was adjustable to five levels too from 1 lumen to 700 lumens and a turbo mode of1500 lumens for 3 minutes before it automatically turned itself back down to high. It is rechargeable via a magnetic adapter and a USB cord. I asked him where he got it and he said me he was on another forum and the topic of flashlights came up. One guy had just bought a new one and raved about it. Other people joined in and it seemed like a great light so my friend went to the manufacturers site. It looked good and they had a sale where you buy 3 and you got a huge discount. He then handed me a box. He said he knew I had a flashlight fetish so he had to get me one. After my visit I went home and charged the light and I just went outside and tried it at night. All I can say is WOW! I also Googled the light and it is on Amazon for $99! Too pricey for me but I assume my friend bought the three of them for much less than that.
    The light is an Olight M2R Warrior. It is small. Perfect size for use with a handgun (two hands)
    Here's a review.

https://lightsngear.com/olight-m2r-w...hlight-review/
    “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Sweet present notavictim. Wish I had a friend that generous, LOL. Like the fact that it's actually submersible too. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jttar View Post
    Sweet present notavictim. Wish I had a friend that generous, LOL. Like the fact that it's actually submersible too. Thanks for sharing.
    I have great friends! We worked together for almost 30 years and have helped each other many times over the years.
    “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    157 Post(s)
    The mrs. gave me an Olight S1 baton for Christmas. It has worked great, no problems at all. I just wish it had a rear button instead of a side button.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

NUTS! Gen. McAuliffe Stumpkiller's Avatar
    Upstate NY in the headlands of the foothills
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    189 Post(s)
    Nice light.

For years my nightly barn & coop closing light has been a Fenix E35UE (very similar to the Olight except for the USB feature) that uses the 18650 rechargeable cells. Definitely the way to go. I keep three cells charged in rotation and when bowhunting keep an extra for that occasional evening blood-trailing.
    Every word of God is pure; He is a Shield (TM) unto them that put their trust in Him. Proverbs 30:5
    In training to be the forum's assistant deputy backup curmudgeon

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)

I just took the dogs out for final potty. Of course I HAD to try the light on Turbo. It was so bright I laughed out loud. It lit up my entire front yard. To say I am impressed would be an understatement. That the thing is as small is it is is amazing! I would think that this thing has a tactical application. If you shined this in someones eyes, especially at night, they would be blinded for a while. I am seriously impressed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Glad you like the light! I have several Olights and really like them. Enjoy!

Moderator of the Universe jeanlouise's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by notavictim View Post
    I just took the dogs out for final potty. Of course I HAD to try the light on Turbo. It was so bright I laughed out loud. It lit up my entire front yard. To say I am impressed would be an understatement. That the thing is as small is it is is amazing! I would think that this thing has a tactical application. If you shined this in someones eyes, especially at night, they would be blinded for a while. I am seriously impressed!
    I walk my dog every night, something like that might be worth every penny of $99.00.

I'm putting it on my "wish list" on Amazon. Thanks NAV!

Do you have the cool white or the neutral white?
    Last edited by jeanlouise; May 14th, 2018 at 08:56 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeanlouise View Post
    I walk my dog every night, something like that might be worth every penny of $99.00.

I'm putting it on my "wish list" on Amazon. Thanks NAV!

Do you have the cool white or the neutral white?
    I have the cool white. While I don't like it for my LED lamps in the house, it seems to really penetrate well in the dark. I used it today on my daughter's boat. It has five brightness settings and I used #4 and it was more than bright enough to light up the bilge where I was working. The length of time the battery last is also proportionate to the setting. It also has a magnetic base which comes in handy when working. I stuck it to a metal transmission bracket.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)

Oh, my friend says it pays to shop around because various places may have it on sale. He said the sale when he bought his was 3 for $150