Moderator of the Universe jeanlouise's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1177 Post(s)

No words for this teacher's horrific action

A teacher made his students participate in the slow drowning of 3 animals.

From the article:
    Ocala (WTFF) – A teacher at Forest High School reportedly drowned two raccoons and an opossum in a large bin while students were forced to watch and assist.

The agriculture teacher, Dewie Brewton, threatened students who took video of the tortuous act with a referral. One student who took a video showed his mother. She went to Click Orlando and told the story of what happened that Monday.

Her freshman son came home in tears because of the killings. She stated in the interview that “one of the raccoons ate a chicken,” implying that was the teacher’s reason for drowning it.

It was later reported that the two raccoons and opossum were killed “just for sport.”

https://wtfflorida.com/news/crime/oc...ust-for-sport/

NUTS! Gen. McAuliffe Stumpkiller's Avatar
    Upstate NY in the headlands of the foothills
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    190 Post(s)

Being a raiser of chickens I have no love for either raccoons or opossums. But what would make ANY adult think killing them should be a public spectacle? Bone head.

What is the difference between a "slow drowning" and a fast drowning? I suppose filling the can first and plunging the cage in would have been "more humane", but the result is the same. That's the same as the gas chamber for death penalty. At least it's not messy.

Personally, I open the cage (Hav-a-hart) and let them think in their last moment that they have made their escape . . . POW!
    Every word of God is pure; He is a Shield (TM) unto them that put their trust in Him. Proverbs 30:5
    In training to be the forum's assistant deputy backup curmudgeon

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    194 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanlouise View Post
    A teacher made his students participate in the slow drowning of 3 animals.

From the article:
    Ocala (WTFF) – A teacher at Forest High School reportedly drowned two raccoons and an opossum in a large bin while students were forced to watch and assist.

The agriculture teacher, Dewie Brewton, threatened students who took video of the tortuous act with a referral. One student who took a video showed his mother. She went to Click Orlando and told the story of what happened that Monday.

Her freshman son came home in tears because of the killings. She stated in the interview that “one of the raccoons ate a chicken,” implying that was the teacher’s reason for drowning it.

It was later reported that the two raccoons and opossum were killed “just for sport.”

https://wtfflorida.com/news/crime/oc...ust-for-sport/
    Death penalty or slow torture. When people can do this to animals, you have no idea what they will do to a person.

And this is even worse

The teacher is on paid administrative leave as of Tuesday afternoon.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1177 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpkiller View Post

Being a raiser of chickens I have no love for either raccoons or opossums. But what would make ANY adult think killing them should be a public spectacle? Bone head.

What is the difference between a "slow drowning" and a fast drowning? I suppose filling the can first and plunging the cage in would have been "more humane", but the result is the same. That's the same as the gas chamber for death penalty. At least it's not messy.

Personally, I open the cage (Hav-a-hart) and let them think in their last moment that they have made their escape . . . POW!

I do understand that varmints and pests have to be done away with. But it should be done quickly and with the least amount of pain and terror possible for the animal...like you allude to- a quick shot to the head.

What this creep did was inexcusable and frankly makes my stomach knot up just thinking about it.

If I was the parent, my kid would never step foot in that class again.

It's also a great teaching moment for kids. Instead of standing around watching something you know in your heart is wrong...do something about it.

You can never go wrong doing the right thing, no matter who's in authority at that given moment.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1177 Post(s)

I'm moving this over to Current Events.

NUTS! Gen. McAuliffe Stumpkiller's Avatar
    Upstate NY in the headlands of the foothills
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    190 Post(s)
    Just bringing three wild animals to a school is dangerously stupid. Rabies, fleas, ticks, animal bites. That alone is grounds for reprimand. Maybe not firing but three days unpaid suspension.

Raccoons are not all that cuddly when provoked.

I have surprised an opossum and they don't play dead at all. The front half opens up and they have like 200 sharp teeth. Or so it seems when your legs are near that mouth.

Every word of God is pure; He is a Shield (TM) unto them that put their trust in Him. Proverbs 30:5
    In training to be the forum's assistant deputy backup curmudgeon

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1177 Post(s)

Just bringing three wild animals to a school is dangerously stupid. Rabies, fleas, ticks, animal bites. That alone is grounds for reprimand. Maybe not firing but three days unpaid suspension.

I have surprised an opossum and they don't play dead at all. The front half opens up and they have like 200 sharp teeth. Or so it seems when your legs are near that mouth.

Nice kitty, nice kitty.

Again, a quick dispatch is in order; not transporting it to school for the express purpose of putting it to a slow, terrifying death in front of a bunch of kids...and making them participate.

Thinking about it Over_Cogitate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

Looks like some of my coworkers.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1263 Post(s)
    You probably wouldn't want to drag the canal behind my house...
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Thinking about it Over_Cogitate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    You probably wouldn't want to drag the canal behind my house...
    I might want to throw some people in...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)
    That teacher is a serial killer in the making. He needs to be fired. ASAP.
    I find supremely ironic that God in his wisdom and grace has given man freedom of choice bounded by 10 simple rules. Man in his finite wisdom has created millions of rules to limit freedom of choice and personal responsibility of man.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)

Nice photos. I used to play with possums when I coon hunted.

They only play dead as a defense if they think they are being killed.

Take a keen switch and whack that evil looking slick tail a few and he will sull up quick .

Exception is a mother carrying young in her pouch.
    She won't play dead during that time but fight to her death.
    "I have never seen a Kentuckian without a gun and a pack of cards and a bottle of whiskey in my life" - Andrew Jackson

Unrepentant chocoholic ShooterGranny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)
    Florida - AGAIN?
    If you think changes need to be made - get out and DO SOMETHING positive!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Florida - AGAIN?
    Something in the air there I think Granny
    "I have never seen a Kentuckian without a gun and a pack of cards and a bottle of whiskey in my life" - Andrew Jackson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    241 Post(s)
    When I lived on the farm more than once I have had to get rid of nuisance animals, 22short worked rather well. Torturing them is senseless.
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.
    1/20/2017 The end of an error.