Thread: What Do You Think?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

What Do You Think?

Milwaukee Police are looking for a man who walked into the kitchen and punched a worker in the face
    https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news...red-concussion

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    286 Post(s)
    I saw that. Just makes my blood boil. Coworker was quick on the draw. Even with a gun pointed at him, the guy clearly thought about challenging before he left. This is another shoot or no shoot scenario. Good DGU.
    “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    Double tap.

Moderator of the Universe jeanlouise's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1357 Post(s)
    Unbelievable. This is a good example of how having a weapon can stop a crime in progress. Who knows what the guy would have done if he hadn't had a gun leveled on him.

She would have been justified to shoot him but I understand why she didn't (the guy was backing off).

More restaurant owners should take note and allow their employees to CC.

What happened to the days where you just left a bad tip if the service wasn't what you wanted?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1029 Post(s)
    No knowing the backstory, as we're only looking at a video clip, but ...

Looks to me like unjustifiable felony battery. Essentially, cold-cocked and blindsided. Could easily have caused death or dire injury to the victim. Could easily have caused the person to fall and crack the head against something on the way down.

For the DA and jury: sock it to him.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)
    There is no excuse for that. None. The perp is an animal and he should be put down. Hard.
    I find supremely ironic that God in his wisdom and grace has given man freedom of choice bounded by 10 simple rules. Man in his finite wisdom has created millions of rules to limit freedom of choice and personal responsibility of man.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    No knowing the backstory, as we're only looking at a video clip, but ...

Looks to me like unjustifiable felony battery. Essentially, cold-cocked and blindsided. Could easily have caused death or dire injury to the victim. Could easily have caused the person to fall and crack the head against something on the way down.

For the DA and jury: sock it to him.
    Some of the back story is provided in the link. It took place at one in the morning and.....
    People in the neighborhood say the suspect is a known drug-dealer who’s been abusive toward others. Milwaukee Police say they know who they’re looking for, but the suspect has not been arrested.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    438 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    Some of the back story is provided in the link. It took place at one in the morning and.....
    People in the neighborhood say the suspect is a known drug-dealer who’s been abusive toward others. Milwaukee Police say they know who they’re looking for, but the suspect has not been arrested.
    Maybe he'll resist arrest and pull out a gun.
    TANSTAAFL - "Moon is a Harsh Mistress"
    OldVet, 30 March 2018: "But being the agreeable sort, I agree."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    People with his mindset will continue to push to get whatsoever they happen to want until individuals say "No!" with the power to immediately enforce it!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1421 Post(s)
    After seeing the video, if she had shot him and I were on her jury--she'd walk. He's just another thug who has yet to receive his comeuppance.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)
    If I were on the jury, she'd walk if she had shot him...BUT, you know dang well that some over-zealous DA would bring charges against her and that there is just enough lag time in the video for a jury to be persuaded to convict her of manslaughter. As much as I would have wanted to, I don't think I would have shot.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)
    On a side note: Not to bad of a draw.
    It appears she may know this guy as her hand is on the weapon before the attack. Hmm?

I, like many here have seen hundreds of these sort of videos; they are good food for thought and training purposes.

I can't find fault in her actions; she did ok in my book.
    The victim took refuge behind the gun; good. This opens up a clear shot if necessary.

Would I shoot?..Not in this particular dynamic as seen in the video. I see the threat level deescalating as the BG begins to move away.

When would I shoot? If the perp continued advancing toward me.
    This is a restaurant; had he picked up a knife from the counter; at that point I would not hesitate.
    "A covenant not to defend myself from force, by force, is always void"...Thomas Hobbes

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1029 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    On a side note: Not to bad of a draw.
    It appears she may know this guy as her hand is on the weapon before the attack. Hmm?

I, like many here have seen hundreds of these sort of videos; they are good food for thought and training purposes.

I can't find fault in her actions; she did ok in my book.
    The victim took refuge behind the gun; good. This opens up a clear shot if necessary.

Would I shoot?..Not in this particular dynamic as seen in the video. I see the threat level deescalating as the BG begins to move away.

When would I shoot? If the perp continued advancing toward me.
    This is a restaurant; had he picked up a knife from the counter; at that point I would not hesitate.
    ^ Ditto.

I think she did just fine. Clearly seems to have known the guy, and the violence he was capable of.

I, too, would likely have drawn but not fired in that same, exact scenario ... with the guy at some distance and retreating. But, had he advanced or changed the likelihood of harm in any way, the justification would "peg" at that moment.

The little cretin's lucky to be alive. If he wants to go on breathing amongst the living, he'd better corral that anger problem he has. Perhaps the local constabulary and the state penitentiary can help him do that. (Not likely, since he doesn't seem the sort who'll take well to such "training.")

And the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik