Asst. Administrator DogWalksWithMe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    411 Post(s)
    I respect that decision.

When I went to New York, I spent as little there as possible. Gassed up before I entered the state and after I left. Brought my own food in an ice chest (did have to buy a bag of ice when I was there).

While not Indy Car, check out events at Bristol Motor Speedway. Though nothing wrong with honing target skills instead.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)
    Sorry you'll miss your race but good decision.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10Cvol View Post
    Update: Trip was for fun and not mandatory so my buddy and I decided to cancel it due the hostility toward firearms. So we will not buy race tickets, pit passes, food, lodging, and fuel in Illinois. Instead we’ll buy bullets and range time in TN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good for you.
    I hope you came and will come to Speedway Indiana.
    I attended the Grand Prix this year; it was great fun; I also go to time trials and practice, Indy Lights every year...and guess what?

YOU MAY CARRY INSIDE THE TRACK!

Illinois? Ya' too much at risk to attempt transporting;their laws,not to mention how LE in Ill views us conservatives is playing roulette...

The way I understand ILL law,...

a) You may transport on odd days of the month only, but only if the firearm is NOT all black. Next; bullets may not exceed 124gr unless the moon is full, thereby exerting more mass attraction upon the projectile.

b) If the LEO's wife burned the toast on the day you are stopped; expect travel delays while you visit the Illinois Hilton; compliments of the state.

c) Odd days of carry are superseded by sub section 11.23 which clearly states "no carry on Wednesdays before 9am except for daylight savings time which Ill does NOT honor.

d) All provisions are negated depending on current weather conditions.

Ya, this ^^^ is pretty much how they treat out of state freedom lovers.

On a more serious note; PM me if you want to attend Indy Car action; the entire month of May is full of fun at the track; the Grand Prix was my first this year; it was awesome.
    "A covenant not to defend myself from force, by force, is always void"...Thomas Hobbes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    935 Post(s)
    I've been to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway 4 times (3 Indy 500's and 1 F1 race). If anyone is a race fan, it's a bucket list item for sure. It's the super bowl of racetracks IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    230 Post(s)
    You can travel just fine with a gun in Illinois, just don't get stopped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Don't come through IL. Go from TN into AR. Then go north on I-55 to STL. Get a hotel in south St. Louis county and only go to IL for the race. The track is only about a 20 min drive from south county. Leave weapons in the hotel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpbond1 View Post
    Don't come through IL. Go from TN into AR. Then go north on I-55 to STL. Get a hotel in south St. Louis county and only go to IL for the race. The track is only about a 20 min drive from south county. Leave weapons in the hotel.
    Thanks for the suggestion and we did consider this option. It added significant miles and hours to the trip. Moreover inconveniencing ourselves to accommodate the laws of Chicago politicians was just too hard to swallow. The land of Lincoln missed out on over $500 in revenue and I will watch Tennessean driver Josef Newgarden on tv. And like I said, buy more ammo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    438 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    You can travel just fine with a gun in Illinois, just don't get stopped.
    I have a progressive, gun loving friend who travels to Chicago carrying a handgun. She doesn't have any permit for it, in IL or MI. So far, she hasn't been caught.

(By the way: Another example of progressives, the law's for you, not for me.)
    TANSTAAFL - "Moon is a Harsh Mistress"
    OldVet, 30 March 2018: "But being the agreeable sort, I agree."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    363 Post(s)
    I just got this notice from the NRA in my email:

Bristol Motor Speedway (TN) is having an NRA night. Here is where you can find out more and get tickets. If you are an NRA member, I think you get some sort of discount:

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/bms...ampaign=nratix

GET THE BEST DEAL FOR THE 2018 BASS PRO SHOPS NRA NIGHT RACE
    AUGUST 18, 2018 | BRISTOL MOTOR SPEEDWAY | BRISTOL, TENNESSEE

America's night race returns. The campfires, the laughs, the racing, the music, the sights, smells and the check off your bucket list-you won't want to miss the action at the 2018 Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race! Held on August 18, 2018, at Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, Tenn., this race is acclaimed as one of Car and Driver's "10 Events To See Before You Die."
    -The World's Fastest Half-Mile!
    -500 heart-pounding laps
    -Special attractions from the NRA and Bass Pro Shops
    -A celebration of freedom, the shooting sports and the great outdoors!

That's all I have to say about that ; )
    Contact your reps about restrictive gun laws->https://act.nraila.org/
    Lady Shooters! PM me if you would like to join a female private firearms sub-group!