Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Utah Gun Exchange Harassed by NYPD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    I would be willing to bet that some "person" in the festivities got their shorts in a knot and started the whole thing. Were the police heavy handed, probably.

Showing up at a gathering such as this in support of 2nd ammendment rights in a military vehicule and you know there will be trouble. These people don't care about the 2nd, they just want to be more special than anybody else.

Gay pride my aunt fanny.

Asst. Administrator DogWalksWithMe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    411 Post(s)
    New York City code (my bold):

1. It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or offer for sell, possess or use or attempt to use or give away, any toy or imitation firearm which substantially duplicates or can reasonably be perceived to be an actual firearm unless:

(a) the entire exterior surface of such toy or imitation firearm is colored white, bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright blue, bright pink or bright purple, either singly or as the predominant color in combination with other colors in any pattern; or

(b) such toy or imitation firearm is constructed entirely of transparent or translucent materials which permits unmistakable observation of the imitation or toy firearm’s complete contents; and

(c) the barrel of such toy or imitation firearm, other than the barrel of any such toy or imitation firearm that is a water gun, is closed with the same material of which the toy or imitation firearm is made for a distance of not less than one-half inch from the front end of said barrel, and;

(d) such toy or imitation firearm has legibly stamped thereon, the name of the manufacturer or some trade name, mark or brand by which the manufacturer can be readily identified; and

(e) such toy or imitation or firearm does not have attached thereto a laser pointer, as defined in paragraph one of subdivision a of section 10-134.2 of this code.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DogWalksWithMe View Post
    New York City code (my bold):
    There it is in black and white.Don't like the law? Change it. Showing up at a gathering of fruits and flakes that have their own agenda in a replica APC and expecting no reaction? You're nuts.

Moderator of the Universe jeanlouise's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1357 Post(s)
    I wonder why they erased the video from the guy's cell phone, detained him without a specific cause and denied him access to an attorney?

Asst. Administrator DogWalksWithMe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    411 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanlouise View Post
    I wonder why they erased the video from the guy's cell phone, detained him without a specific cause and denied him access to an attorney?
    Erasing the video is not good. Seriously not good.

If he was detained and not arrested... there are some rules and timelines for that.

Denied access to attorney... Not sure, but think that may be permissible during a detention prior to arrest, but no questioning may proceed whether arrested or detained without an attorney present if so requested. Hopefully someone with legal knowledge can clarify this as I am not certain.

If arrested, he had to be Mirandized. If detained, other rules apply to admissibility of statements.

IANAL, but I'm sure the person under discussion was well-briefed on his rights before the event.

The Utah Gun Exchange is putting together a new gun-related video hosting service to counter the Youtube bans, and is:

https://www.facebook.com/fox13newsut...56349517265586

on the road, following Parkland students and holding counter rallies.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer1270 View Post
    They Should have painted it Pink.....
    Painting an Armored Vehicle PINK should be against the Law EVERYWHERE on this planet.

40 lashes with a flogger
    for you Hammer
    Come January 20th 2017 there be a New SHERIFF hereabouts Yehaaaaa
    How much nuffin could a dindu do if a dindu dindu nuffin?