Thread: Review: Kershaw 1605 Clash Folding Knife

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Review: Kershaw 1605 Clash Folding Knife

I won this knife on this forum's contest that closed last week. Of all the goodies 1MGG sent me, this possibly is my favorite.

You see, I've never been much of a knife guy, so I've never invested much in any decent knife. I've had a few Case and Buck standard folding pocket knives before, but this Kershaw is much sturdier, and sharper. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I stuck the tip of the blade into my index finger less than 10 minutes after I pulled it out of the box. Idiot! It drew blood, but that stopped within 15 minutes or so of pressure.

This Kershaw has the flipper opening assist, which is nice. With some practice, I should be able to open it quicker and easier.

The blade is 3.1" long, and the belt clip is reversible if you want the blade turned the opposite way while carrying it. It feels very sturdy compared to anything I've had before.

Whether or not this becomes an EDC or not, only time will tell. I work in construction, and a knife carried around my job sites can be useful. The question is whether I will be too rough on it or not. I have been known to open things, cut things, etc., that is outside the design of a knife. I don't want to damage or ruin it, yet it would be nice to have it clipped in a pocket every day.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    216 Post(s)
    Nice review. Thanks for sharing your first impressions of the knife with us. I hope you get a lot use out of it.
    Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Follow-up review...As I mentioned previously, I won this knife in a PDF contest. In the 4 months since, it has been my EDC almost every single day. I ended up reversing the clip, which was nice to have as an option. I clip it inside my left front pocket, and can retrieve it with my left hand, switch it to my right, and flip it open reasonbly quick. But that's more for convenience. I have no knife skills, and the use of this knife for SD would be out of pure desperation.

As I mentioned above, I am a construction manager in residential construction. Practically every day I use this knife. It is sturdy, well-built, and seems to keep a sharp edge. I'm always opening a box, cutting plastic off a window foam can, etc. Just yesterday, I sliced a large chunk of drywall off a sheet for my boss.

I just wanted to follow up and say I really like this knife.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    I have a few Kershaws I rotate for edc good quality good price I will buy more in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    Thanks for the follow up review and it's good to hear how well you like your knife. I've been carrying a pocket knife for so long now that if for some reason I don't have it my day just doesn't feel right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Good looking knife. I have a few Kershaws ... did have more ... but I lose stuff.

If You want a brutally tough knife check out the YouTube demos of the TOPS/Buck CSAR-T folder. I am hoping Santa brings me one for Christmas.
    The future is coming whether we want it or not. And when the dam breaks we better know how to swim.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    216 Post(s)
    Great followup review. I'm glad the knife is working out well for you.
    Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Great followup review. I'm glad the knife is working out well for you.
    I do really like it. I also really enjoy the Cabela's gear bag. It is now my range bag. My intention was to write a review for it, but I never got around to it.