Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud:  0

Thread: NRA Concealed Carry Fashion Show?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

NRA Concealed Carry Fashion Show?

I didn't see (on my phone) where anyone posted this yet.

Fashion with a BANG: How to carry your gun with style at the NRA's first concealed carry fashion show
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...uns-style.html

Are we getting a little "carried" away here? Sorry couldn't resist!
    GO NAVY!
    All Heros don't have a cape. Some wear Kevlar.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

The videos won't load on my phone so I cannot watch them.
    GO NAVY!
    All Heros don't have a cape. Some wear Kevlar.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    340 Post(s)
    Thanks for posting, but I have to say I don't like the Daily Mail. They put a negative spin on anything that has to do with firearms.

Here is a firearms friendly viewpoint.
    Contact your reps about restrictive gun laws->https://act.nraila.org/
    Lady Shooters! PM me if you would like to join a female private firearms sub-group!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)
    Not a media outlet I give any credence to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Maybe the NRA should stick to protecting our rights and stop wondering around the media world with ridiculous ideas. They are becoming nothing more than a media bundling organization, with each new idea worse than the previous one. Their CC dog and pony show was a flop, with members trashing it immediately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    I think it is a good thing for the NRA to try new things in order to broaden its appeal to non-members and to involve itself with promoting things within the gun freedom culture. As I see it, rights protection on the political level is a function of the NRA-ILA, created in 1975. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the NRA itself is about promoting shooting sports.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    340 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur H View Post
    I think it is a good thing for the NRA to try new things in order to broaden its appeal to non-members and to involve itself with promoting things within the gun freedom culture. As I see it, rights protection on the political level is a function of the NRA-ILA, created in 1975. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the NRA itself is about promoting shooting sports.
    I think a lot of people don't realize that the NRA has several different facets. One is strictly for training and firearms safety; that is the good old NRA. The NRA- ILA is strictly the political/lobbying arm. Just because a person is a member of the NRA, it does not mean they are political or a lobbyist. There is also a grant arm, I am not sure if it is it's own entity, but they help fund the creation, support and protection of new and existing ranges.
    Lady Shooters! PM me if you would like to join a female private firearms sub-group!

Unrepentant chocoholic ShooterGranny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)
    Wow. The media in this country is expert at totally twisting facts into horrendous lies, but the Daily Mail almost goes them one better. Or worse.

BTW - I wasn't impressed at all with some of the "holsters" shown in those pictures, but we each have our own opinions of what is best for carry for ourselves. And where the heck did the leg strap apparatus fit in with concealed carry?
    If you think changes need to be made - get out and DO SOMETHING positive!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by denclaste View Post
    Maybe the NRA should stick to protecting our rights and stop wondering around the media world with ridiculous ideas. They are becoming nothing more than a media bundling organization, with each new idea worse than the previous one. Their CC dog and pony show was a flop, with members trashing it immediately.
    As was stated earlier, the NRA is different things to different people. I am assuming that some of their efforts are to attract people that otherwise might not be interested in the gun culture and gun rights to see things differently. I know that when my wife and I attended the Carry Guard NRA expo in Milwaukee we met many women there who had never been to a NRA event and many of whom ended up joining the NRA as a result.

They had a well-attended fashion event that appeared to be a major draw for many women. They also had a number of free simulator booths which also attracted many people with limited firearm experience.

If these things attract people to the shooting sports and to join the NRA aren't we all better off?
    Never take advice on self defense calibers or tactics from people who have never been in a real gunfight.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    690 Post(s)
    I didn't see anything special there at all....
    Nonsensical Gibberish Talkin Clown,,, Das Me,,,, hehehehe.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawkgirl View Post
    Thanks for posting, but I have to say I don't like the Daily Mail. They put a negative spin on anything that has to do with firearms.

Here is a firearms friendly viewpoint.
    Thanks for posting that BHG. I won't hardly click on anything from the UK media as most are shills for a progressive agenda that make the NYTs look like an editorial out of Conservative Weekly.

Some people and organizations have a natural hate for the NRA for one reason or another and refuse to see the good they do in many in a variety of different venues and policies. Attracting youth to the shooting sports is critical for the 2nd Amendment's survival and it is something the NRA works diligently at within the "original" Charter. The NRA-ILA is focused on the political side of the issue and I applaud their efforts in that arena as well.
    “Civil Wars happen when the victimized are armed. Genocide happens when they are not.”
    ― A.E. Samaan

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    340 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BMcPhe44 View Post
    Thanks for posting that BHG. I won't hardly click on anything from the UK media as most are shills for a progressive agenda that make the NYTs look like an editorial out of Conservative Weekly.

Some people and organizations have a natural hate for the NRA for one reason or another and refuse to see the good they do in many in a variety of different venues and policies. Attracting youth to the shooting sports is critical for the 2nd Amendment's survival and it is something the NRA works diligently at within the "original" Charter. The NRA-ILA is focused on the political side of the issue and I applaud their efforts in that arena as well.
    Absolutely!! And to add one more thought to your quote: you will not be able to retain the youth (who are the future of the 2nd Amendment), if you don't get the support of their moms and other women in their lives. The NRA is actively involved in growing women's programs and attracting women who often have different motivating factors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawkgirl View Post
    Absolutely!! And to add one more thought to your quote: you will not be able to retain the youth (who are the future of the 2nd Amendment), if you don't get the support of their moms and other women in their lives. The NRA is actively involved in growing women's programs and attracting women who often have different motivating factors.
    This is true as there are many single moms out there now that the left has destroyed the two parent family.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    The Daily Mail may have had their panties in a knot over the NRA's policy on foreign news media. From the article BlackHawkGirl posted:

"ONLY APPROVED members of U.S. news media organizations will receive credentials and be allowed to cover the expo. Due to resource limitations, foreign media will not be credentialed."

They weren't invited to the party so were more inclined to pee in the NRA's punchbowl.
    NRA Patriot Life Member (Patron), SAF - CCRKBA, NAGR, Handgunlaw.us Donor, Maryland Shall Issue