What's on your mind?


[140]

Viewing User Wall: elmacgyver0

elmacgyver0 clicked Laugh Out Loud for this post: Political MEME & Joke Thread by Floyd D. Barber

Today, 09:41 AM   0 Comment(s)   Favourite

elmacgyver0 clicked Love for this post: Political MEME & Joke Thread by Arejay

Today, 09:28 AM   0 Comment(s)   Favourite

elmacgyver0 replied to the thread Felon and GCA 1968: Actress cries as she pleads guilty in college admissions scandal.
"
Quote Originally Posted by Siam View Post
I would rather characterize that first statement as "A convicted felon that has been released on parole is supposedly rehabilitated". A person that just did their time would be a hit or miss as far as rehabilitation.
Problem is, there are convicted felons and then there are convicted felons.
Felonies are handed out for a wide spread of crimes.

There are crimes committed by felons in my opinion that can never be rehabilitated, murder or rape for instance.
Then there are some so called crimes that are only felonies in some states or cities, like for instance having a 10 round mag when only a 7 round mag is legal.

I don't think we are too far apart on this, perhaps I am just doing a lousy job of explaining my position. "

May 17th, 2019, 05:05 PM   0 Comment(s)   Favourite

elmacgyver0 replied to the thread Felon and GCA 1968: Actress cries as she pleads guilty in college admissions scandal.
"
Quote Originally Posted by BMcPhe44 View Post
I hope you are not saying you believe those who have murdered, maimed, raped and molested are rehabilitated. The reason many of these perpetual scum are released is due too overcrowding or to a particularly susceptible (to wanna do goodism) parole board of liberals who only see them as possible supporters. I have posted the recidivism rates of violent felons, it is quite high. However this is not about keeping guns out of their hands it is about whether society can continue to punish them with conditions of release. I have posted several opinions of knowledgeable people that say, yes these loss of freedoms can be continued as conditions of release by the States, and be Constitutional as well. That they have not been overturned is a testament to that opinion.

No one is saying that these conditions of release will prevent these people from repeating, but it might give LE another tool to put them back in the pen when they repeat, or it might give an innocent standing if they are threatened by one of them and defend themselves by shooting them. It also continues punishment for crimes that can't be washed away with a few years in the pen.

I am for punishing these people until they die, in any form that is Constitutionally acceptable and prescribed under due process. Forgiveness can be left to those who have not been affected personally by their crimes.
I was being sarcastic. I do not believe there is any redemption for murderers etc.
I believe these scum should meet there fate at the end of a rope or a firing squad.

I would not in theory have a problem with banning the murderers, maimers and rapists from having guns, problem is, it doesn't stop there.
Felony convictions cover a broad spectrum.

What if they made having more than 20 rounds of ammo a felony and BMcPhe44 got caught with his 20 rounds in his whatever pistol and the officer said OK, you're cool, but then his partner said, Hey whats this between your seat? Looks like a .22 shell.
Sorry Bud, you've got to come with us.

I take it you would be fine with this.

Granted this is an extreme example, but then is it? Look at the new crop of politicians we've been breeding. "

May 17th, 2019, 04:46 PM   0 Comment(s)   Favourite

elmacgyver0 replied to the thread Felon and GCA 1968: Actress cries as she pleads guilty in college admissions scandal.
" Once a convicted felon is released from prison he is supposedly rehabilitated.
Banning released felons from having guns in my way of thinking is the government admitting their rehabilitation programs don't work.
Well banning firearms from felons don't work either.
Asking criminals real nicely not to commit crimes would work as well.
Maybe if they said "pretty please"

Telling me that all these gun laws are to keep guns out of the hands of criminals is like peeing down my back and telling me it's raining. "

May 17th, 2019, 11:40 AM   0 Comment(s)   Favourite

elmacgyver0 replied to the thread Felon and GCA 1968: Actress cries as she pleads guilty in college admissions scandal.
" I see a lot of bantering back and forth about felons or ex-felons after their release about getting gun rights restored.
Kind of like once a Marine always a Marine.
Some are for it and some are against it.

I say it's moot, doesn't matter one way or the other.
Everyday I either read about it in the liberal rag or hear about it on radio or TV about how a released felon was caught in possession of a weapon.

How can this be?
I guess no one informed the felon he could no longer possess weapons.

We already have laws about harming other people.
If someone bashes in the skull of another person with a rock or shoots them with a firearm the person is still dead.

What I'm getting at is weapons laws are not to limit bad people from acquiring weapons.
I say weapons not guns because laws restricting weapons go back for centuries they are nothing new.

These laws were never intended to keep weapons out of the hands of criminals, not then and not now.

If I need to spell out who these gun laws are to restrict, you are part of the problem, not the solution. "

May 17th, 2019, 08:28 AM   0 Comment(s)   Favourite

GRCarry clicked Like for this post: Fairness Logic by elmacgyver0

May 15th, 2019, 04:46 PM   0 Comment(s)   Favourite

elmacgyver0 replied to the thread Fairness Logic.
"
Quote Originally Posted by Siam View Post
I disagree with some of that.
Children should not be punished for the acts of the parents. The parents need to be prosecuted.

If the kid got into Stanford, regardless of the parental misdeeds, I think they should be allowed to stay as long as they meet the requirements. The parents need to be sent to jail and severly punished to send a message that it is not OK and that THEY will suffer.
I agree, right after the border gets zipped up and the illegals get deported.
First things First. "

May 15th, 2019, 04:37 PM   0 Comment(s)   Favourite

DogWalksWithMe clicked Like for this post: Fairness Logic by elmacgyver0

May 15th, 2019, 06:14 AM   0 Comment(s)   Favourite

elmacgyver0 replied to the thread Fairness Logic.
"
Quote Originally Posted by DogWalksWithMe View Post
I rarely drink beer, but did kick back with some tequila.
Ah! now I understand! "

May 15th, 2019, 06:10 AM   0 Comment(s)   Favourite

elmacgyver0 replied to the thread Mothers Day present fail! (also, what did you get for the ladies in your lives?).
" I don't buy my wife Mother's day presents, she is not my mother.
I did buy her a new laptop computer and printer for her birthday. "

May 11th, 2019, 08:11 PM   0 Comment(s)   Favourite

elmacgyver0 replied to the thread Sell Privately or Use FFL?.
" I never sell guns. "

May 10th, 2019, 09:35 PM   0 Comment(s)   Favourite

elmacgyver0 replied to the thread Crazy People With Guns.
" Crazy people are allowed to have guns, liberals have the same rights as conservatives. "

May 9th, 2019, 08:12 PM   0 Comment(s)   Favourite

elmacgyver0 replied to the thread Riddle me this. A strange coincidence.
"
Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
The aluminum foil is thick around here.
So you you do not believe it is possible for you to be eavesdropped on by a cell phone?
Or do you believe nobody would ever do such a thing. "

May 9th, 2019, 05:36 AM   0 Comment(s)   Favourite