Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would you want a .45 when .500 S&W is available?
    First, the 500 is too large for me to conceal;
    Second, the recovery time from the recoil is too great;
    Third, I would be scared to death of the over-penetration and the potential consequences of the round hitting some unintended person.

With the .45ACP, using the ammo I'm comfortable with:

I can control the recoil sufficiently for multiple shots;
    I know what to expect regarding penetration and am fairly certain the rounds will not exit the target in most cases;
    I know from experience the round will stop the adversary from doing what I don't want in three shots or less if I do my job;
    I believe my attorney and my expert witness will be able to justify my using a .45ACP, I am far less confident of doing so with 500 S&W.
    Never take advice on self defense calibers or tactics from people who have never been in a real gunfight.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    It is intriguing and looks like it would be nice for deep carry, but the pickiness of ammo and difficuly in finding holsters is a little discouraging.
    "Itís the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory." Gen George S. Patton

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SOS24 View Post
    It is intriguing and looks like it would be nice for deep carry, but the pickiness of ammo and difficuly in finding holsters is a little discouraging.
    I actually don't understand how this gun is getting nailed for pickiness of ammo. The only ammo it won't shoot is ammo that is not properly crimped. I understood when people made that statement about Seecamp guns given there was only one recommended brand and type of ammo (Winchester Silver Tips), but the Boberg/Bond Arms gun actually has a long list of recommended ammo. Much of that ammo is widely available even at Walmart, and some at pretty good prices.

Holsters are available all over the internet, but, you are correct, not so much in most gun stores and big box stores unless you are content with "universal" types of holsters like those from Uncle Mike.

Trust someone who owns two and has owned many other handguns, this gun is the best gun I've ever handled for the stated purpose of a deep cover, close range, rapidly deployed and utilized handgun.
    Never take advice on self defense calibers or tactics from people who have never been in a real gunfight.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceMcCall View Post
    I actually don't understand how this gun is getting nailed for pickiness of ammo. The only ammo it won't shoot is ammo that is not properly crimped. I understood when people made that statement about Seecamp guns given there was only one recommended brand and type of ammo (Winchester Silver Tips), but the Boberg/Bond Arms gun actually has a long list of recommended ammo. Much of that ammo is widely available even at Walmart, and some at pretty good prices.

Holsters are available all over the internet, but, you are correct, not so much in most gun stores and big box stores unless you are content with "universal" types of holsters like those from Uncle Mike.

Trust someone who owns two and has owned many other handguns, this gun is the best gun I've ever handled for the stated purpose of a deep cover, close range, rapidly deployed and utilized handgun.
    I consider it picky on ammo because 2 out of 4 of 9mm ammo that I have currently in stock and regularly use is not on the list, including the defense ammo that I prefer for my P938.

As far as holsters, they may be available all over the internet, but none of my preferred makers (4) currently make one for it.

You may love the gun and it may be great, but if I can’t shoot the ammo that I currently use and I can’t get a holster from one of my preferred makers, then the gun is not for me.
    "Itís the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory." Gen George S. Patton

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOS24 View Post
    I consider it picky on ammo because 2 out of 4 of 9mm ammo that I have currently in stock and regularly use is not on the list, including the defense ammo that I prefer for my P938.

As far as holsters, they may be available all over the internet, but none of my preferred makers (4) currently make one for it.

You may love the gun and it may be great, but if I canít shoot the ammo that I currently use and I canít get a holster from one of my preferred makers, then the gun is not for me.
    Just because the ammo you use isn't on the list doesn't mean it won't work, it just means it wasn't tested by Bond (can't expect them to test every ammo on the market no can you).....Holsters I can see being an issue (for you) if the makers you prefer don't make one, but holsters Are readily available (and from quality makers)

Its a neat gun and on the "bucket list" for sure....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi! New to the forum, first post. I recently picked up a Bond Bullpup9. I have about 150 rounds through it and I have a few observations for using it as a CCW. I do love the size and the fact that it has a longer barrel than any gun its size and some much larger due to its bullpup design. I also enjoy novel engineering when it comes to firearms. Having said that, I bought the handgun with hopes I could use it as an occasional carry but not my primary carry.

First off, after putting 150 round of Winchester White Box range ammo through it I find that it has some reliability issues. While I only had 3 failure to feeds in that 150 rounds, it is quite difficult to clear a FTF. Requiring me to lock the slide back manually (of course), and then partially ejecting the mag then pushing it back in and pulling the slide back to get the round in. A simple racking of the slide does not do it like most of my other handguns (those that have had a FTF that is). Im not entirely sure this is a "break in" issue. Dont get me wrong. I love the little gun. I will keep it but its more so because of its novel action. Will likely become a range queen.

Thanks

Dave

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1872 Post(s)
    My opinion on the Bullpup action is, if it was a good idea, everyone would be doing it. Hope it works out for you.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    348 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akadave View Post
    Hi! New to the forum, first post. I recently picked up a Bond Bullpup9. I have about 150 rounds through it and I have a few observations for using it as a CCW. I do love the size and the fact that it has a longer barrel than any gun its size and some much larger due to its bullpup design. I also enjoy novel engineering when it comes to firearms. Having said that, I bought the handgun with hopes I could use it as an occasional carry but not my primary carry.

First off, after putting 150 round of Winchester White Box range ammo through it I find that it has some reliability issues. While I only had 3 failure to feeds in that 150 rounds, it is quite difficult to clear a FTF. Requiring me to lock the slide back manually (of course), and then partially ejecting the mag then pushing it back in and pulling the slide back to get the round in. A simple racking of the slide does not do it like most of my other handguns (those that have had a FTF that is). Im not entirely sure this is a "break in" issue. Dont get me wrong. I love the little gun. I will keep it but its more so because of its novel action. Will likely become a range queen.

Thanks

Dave
    Welcome to the forum. Thanks for joining in on the discussion.
    Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!