Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife of Orlando Nightclub Shooter Knew He Was Going Out to Kill

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    Initially I thought maybe the ‘knew” was more the bad feeling, but after reading the whole article it definitely ounds like more.
    "I knew later, when I could not get ahold of him that my fears had come true and he did what he said he was going to do," Salman said.
    So at the least he told her he was going to do something, then when he decides to leave the house with a gun and backpack full of ammunition in a way that gives her concern, she does nothing.

It seems too often after these things you hear how family or friends suspected something or knew something but dismissed it, because they can’t believe that person would do something like that.
    "Itís the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory." Gen George S. Patton

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    I can see both lines of thought.
    Let's play out something though.
    Going by memory his guns etc were legal. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But assuming I remember correctly let's say he takes his gun legally in his vehicle.
    She calls LE.
    They stop a man based on what his wife says.
    HE says she's just mad at him and making stuff up and that he's just trying to get away from the situation for a while.

Now LE has a he said she said, nothing to charge the guy with and on his way he goes.

May have stopped it that night. Probably wouldn't have stopped him from doing similar later.
    After killing her first probably.

Just a thought.
    Odd how most folks who say they support the Constitution as written ,,,,,,,,,,,,really don't.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1223 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer1270 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This statement says pretty much that she knew he was going to go out and do,,, he "said he was going to do" .....

"I knew later, when I could not get ahold of him that my fears had come true and he did what he said he was going to do," Salman said. "I was in denial and I could not believe that the father of my child was going to hurt other people."
    Yeah, but what exactly did he say that was so clear and concise? We don't know if he said something to the effect of "By tonight I'm gonna murder as many people at that nightclub as possible" ... or whether he said something more benign like "Those people are gonna get what's coming to 'em." Both such statements are threatening and speak of a dangerous train of thought, but the former is a dire imminent threat that's clearly murderous, while the latter could easily be bluster of a bombast who's just had too much of a situation. (A bit like, "I'm outta here" said angrily, versus "I'm leaving this family for good ... see ya.")

So far as I've seen from the reporting, it isn't publicly known what sort of statements the guy had made.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1121 Post(s)
    We need more information IMO. Tough to know if this was a one off incident. He could have made threats like this all the time and not gone through with anything.

Moderator of the Universe jeanlouise's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1637 Post(s)
    I do think she knew what he was going to do, but I also see the argument her lawyers will make. More than likely, she'll get off because it will be very hard to prove she knew he left the house, that evening, with the express intent to commit mass murder.

This is kind of an aside, but I don't believe any Muslim woman, brought up in the culture of Islam, would ever call the police and report her husband. They have spent their lives being submissive to their husbands and their history demands it...to the point of death if they disobey. That is not the kind of woman who is going to report her husband to authorities.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    743 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post

But assuming I remember correctly let's say he takes his gun legally in his vehicle.
    She calls LE.
    HE says she's just mad at him and making stuff up and that he's just trying to get away from the situation for a while.

Now LE has a he said she said, nothing to charge the guy with and on his way he goes.

May have stopped it that night. Probably wouldn't have stopped him from doing similar later.

Just a thought.
    My Brother! It makes me happy to see you here!! Some Devils Advocate if I may,,, along that trend of thought,,,, let's say that the gun was legal,,, the backpack full of ammo was legal,,, the wife's call to alert and the guys response left LE with an I can't really do anything to detain this guy since it essentially is a He said She Said situation,,, Don't wanna be painted a racial now do we? A smart or seasoned cop would then maybe follow and keep a good eyeball on that boy,,, either let him know that he's being followed so maybe he goes home to cool off or follow on the down low and as soon as he enters the club with the same gun and back pack full of ammo,,, get in there and stay on him... True, he may go home and come out tomorrow and get er done but we do have the patriot act,,, If they can illegally or now legally eavesdrop on me,,, they should be easily able to do the same to him,,, There are many ways this could have gone down,,, the only fact is that both wife and husband are of a faith that want us dead and Shumer,,Cuomo,, Deblablabla,, Slobama,,, want more of their kind here... Hmmmmmm,,, I wonder why? I also wonder what these "Dreamers" are truly dreaming of? Wow,, "Dreamers",, sounds so beautiful,, until the dream is to cut my head off.....
    Nonsensical Gibberish Talkin Clown,,, Das Me,,,, hehehehe.....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanlouise View Post
    I do think she knew what he was going to do, but I also see the argument her lawyers will make. More than likely, she'll get off because it will be very hard to prove she knew he left the house, that evening, with the express intent to commit mass murder.

This is kind of an aside, but I don't believe any Muslim woman, brought up in the culture of Islam, would ever call the police and report her husband. They have spent their lives being submissive to their husbands and their history demands it...to the point of death if they disobey. That is not the kind of woman who is going to report her husband to authorities.
    That's a good point JL, although I don't think Christian, etc. women in this country are reporting their husbands at a rate much higher.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    743 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Yeah, but what exactly did he say that was so clear and concise? We don't know if he said something to the effect of "By tonight I'm gonna murder as many people at that nightclub as possible" ... or whether he said something more benign like "Those people are gonna get what's coming to 'em." Both such statements are threatening and speak of a dangerous train of thought, but the former is a dire imminent threat that's clearly murderous, while the latter could easily be bluster of a bombast who's just had too much of a situation. (A bit like, "I'm outta here" said angrily, versus "I'm leaving this family for good ... see ya.")

So far as I've seen from the reporting, it isn't publicly known what sort of statements the guy had made.
    Agreed,,, but then there is this statement;

"I knew on Saturday, when Omar left the house about 5 p.m. that this was the time that he was going to do something bad. I knew this because of the way he left and took the gun and backpack with ammunition," Noor Salman said, according to a statement written by an FBI agent and signed by Salman.

Questioned would be, what is something bad? Maybe she says that she thought that something bad was her husband going out to eat a cheese burger with Bacon,,, Nope,,, don't need a gun and backpack full of ammo because the cheese burger with bacon is already dead,,, Adding the whatever he may have said plus something bad and leaving the residence with the gun and back pack full of ammo raises a bunch of cheese for the DA to sink his teeth into IMHO....
    There are many questions and I do speculate but I do think that there is much that the DA can sink his stinky dinky little teeth into...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    743 Post(s)

I see yer point JL,,, Sadly, she may get off,,, But I do believe that if they truly wanted the ones that wish to kill us outta here,,, there is a case here...
    I ain't no lawyer but I believe that I can rip this one apart with not much effort...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1121 Post(s)
    https://sofrep.com/72522/fbi-arrests...ing-terrorism/

From the article

Orlando police chief John Mina released a statement later that day confirming that Noor Salman was in fact taken into custody at her family’s home in San Francisco on the charges of aiding and abetting by providing material support to a terrorist organization and obstruction of justice.
    Last edited by Nakyak; January 7th, 2018 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post

She calls LE.

Just a thought.
    You may be right, but at the same time the guy that she was reporting was on the terror watch list. I don’t know what kind of information or notification the local LE would have, but would like to think there was some kind of flag that would have come up that might have caused some action or alert to at least put under observation.
    "Itís the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory." Gen George S. Patton

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    I thinkthis goes beyond just Muslim women. Many women who have been abused have that same submissive behavior. Many women who have been raised in highly religious families (other than Muslim as well) or cultures who highly value marriage have a similar dedication to to “honor” their husband have been known to not just not report but cover up for their husbands. There are also instances of parents not reporting or ignoring signs with their their children. I think it comes down to a blinding sense of love and loyalty.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOS24 View Post
    You may be right, but at the same time the guy that she was reporting was on the terror watch list. I don’t know what kind of information or notification the local LE would have, but would like to think there was some kind of flag that would have come up that might have caused some action or alert to at least put under observation.

I doubt local LE would have that just pop up.
    Maybe. But even so he was legal with nothing but a spouses say so and a dubious watch list.

I've no doubt if she had called he would have probably abandoned his plan that night.

I'm pretty sure even if local LE did stick on him for a few days he'd have still killed a bunch folks in a few days. Starting with his wife.
    Odd how most folks who say they support the Constitution as written ,,,,,,,,,,,,really don't.

Moderator of the Universe jeanlouise's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1637 Post(s)
    I thinkthis goes beyond just Muslim women. Many women who have been abused have that same submissive behavior. Many women who have been raised in highly religious families (other than Muslim as well) or cultures who highly value marriage have a similar dedication to to “honor” their husband have been known to not just not report but cover up for their husbands. There are also instances of parents not reporting or ignoring signs with their their children. I think it comes down to a blinding sense of love and loyalty.
    I don't dispute that other women may have a loyalty to the extent they would shield a murderous spouse. I'm saying that in the case of this woman, a Muslim, the likelihood that she would try to stop him is almost nil.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    414 Post(s)

I think it comes down to a blinding sense of love and loyalty.
    The one problem I have with it all, is at a deep level, I do not think these women are blind. Abused, yes. Afraid, yes. Unequipped to deal, yes. Ashamed, yes.

The more they "deny" the problem on a conscious level, the more ashamed they become at a deep level. They hate themselves for their weakness.

There was a time in my younger years where I used to make all kinds of excuses for people because of their tough upbringing, belief system, whatever. I don't make excuses for anyone any more. I do what I can to cultivate those who are motivated to move forward and start taking responsibility. I don't waste my time with the rest.
    Contact your reps about restrictive gun laws->https://act.nraila.org/
    Lady Shooters! PM me if you would like to join a female private firearms sub-group!