Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 200,000 El Salvadorians "Possibly" Face Deportation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    299 Post(s)
    Minimum wage kills the incentive for a lot of people to move up and better themselves. There are many jobs that are simply not worth minimum wage but would be great starter jobs for kids who want a little spending money. Minimum wage was designed to pull in votes for Democrats and for no other reason.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer1270 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup,, this is a huge problem,, There are many Tech jobs and other being done overseas,,, The best of the workers are brought here on the H1B,, I am hoping that the tax overhaul and intensives will bring these jobs back here to benefit US workers,, Customer service is practically unheard of here anymore also,, It's very tricky and sensitive because there is a balance that must be kept,, Companies that profit and get good tax breaks will hire more and that person hired will spend causing more hiring causing a trickle down effect. Employees must be sharp here to compete, We need better education and better work ethics,, You have skills and good work ethics, B,, but so many here are lacking,, we need to change that and it starts with how our children are taught.. So much needs to change to get us back on track...
    Brother, truer words have never been spoken. I was listening to an interview with a farmer on the radio some time ago and he was asked why he didn't use American workers to get his crops out of the fields. His reply was that American workers would come, but would not stay to complete the work. How do we fix that?? I would love to see Americans at work. I have nothing against immigrants and helping them, but charity starts at home.
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    743 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    Brother, truer words have never been spoken. I was listening to an interview with a farmer on the radio some time ago and he was asked why he didn't use American workers to get his crops out of the fields. His reply was that American workers would come, but would not stay to complete the work. How do we fix that?? I would love to see Americans at work. I have nothing against immigrants and helping them, but charity starts at home.
    My Brother,
    I think it starts at home,,, When I was a puppy,, my Father taught me work ethics,, he taught me t work no mater how I feel,, it started with school,, if I didn't feel good,, I went to school,, if I tried to get out of it,, there were penalties,, he taught me that I must make my own future,, no one will make it for me,, He was tough on me and at the time I didn't understand why,, today, I understand why...

As a puppy, I did not care about pay,, I cared about learning,, I approached people with businesses and got a job with them,, pay didn't matter,, I told them that I would work for free just to learn,, it worked,, I learned and then I went and built my own,, that ethic does not exist today,, Today,, it's all about the free ride,, a kid with zero experience wants top pay to do nothing,,, the world owes me a living because I exist,, I did not teach my kids this way and today they are successful,, I could have easily gave them a job with me at silly pay but I chose to make them learn the ways of the world first,,,, My kids had to work for someone else first for three years first before I hired them,, This ethic needs to be brought back or we will lose our children to helplessness,, others will take their jobs because they are more hungry,, I do not see this being taught today,, today, it's all about, how can I do nothing and get paid and supported,, sad but true...

Years ago when I was in telecom,, we where the #1 telecom company in the USA and the highest paying company,, ,, we had issues with customer service,, this is how any why we wound up setting up Customer service outside of the USA,, it's not all about companies leaving the USA,, It's about how to make my company lean and mean,,, Production at the least cost,,

Problem is that People need to change also,, We had 400 - 500 customer service employees here once,, here is the problem that made us switch,, We paid very good salaries,, We paid high taxes,, Benefits,, The whole package,, We had many employees gaming the system and we started to investigate,, one of the biggest problems was, people coming to work and then leaving with supervisors covering for them,,, we had high tech hand readers for clocking in but the employees were getting around it with help of the supervisors,, My Brother (Hard Core Business Man) was walking in the Customer service area and he needed a report,, He saw a supervisor and asked her to print out a report for him,,, She had no clue who he was,, So,, She told him no way! It's 4:00 and I ain't doing anything now,, her job was 9-5,, report would have took less than 5 minutes,, My brother silently walked away and fired 400-500 people that day.. Corruption was at the highest level so this dictates that all are corrupt,, If I can't trust my Generals then by default I can't trust anyone beneath them...

We then set up customer service in Dominican Republic,,,, at the time we where the highest paying company in the DR,, $2 per day and employees where happy to work,,, they had no fixed schedule,, they where happy to work,, they appreciated the opportunity and worked their butts off for $2 per day,, We where treated like kings in the DR,, How does a company not appreciate this? We land in the DR and are met by the PRESIDENT and army at the airport,,, Ok,,, $2 per day for hard workers with outstanding work ethics, and we are treated like Kings in the Country? how does a company resist this? I ain't kidding,, I had a General grab me and pull me aside,, out of 24 of us,, I guess he musta sensed that I was the Hammer,, he handed me his card and said,, You get in trouble,, You Kill Someone,,, You Call me and I will fix it,,, Just do not call me if you get in trouble with drugs....

My point is,, there is real competition out there,,, we need to wake up and get with the program or other Countries will easily run us over.. Our children need to be taught how to compete,, It ain't about the world owes you,, Because the world owes you nuthin,, but how can you be productive in this world or we will drown in our own failure,,, I never thought that I would see the day that a Pakistani can be more qualified for a job than I am,, Sadly,, Today,, A Pakistani is more qualified than most of our snowflake kids,, somebody has to take care of the kids today because they have not been taught the skills to do for themselves,, We need to change our Whole system and we need to change it now or we do not stand a chance... I hate speaking this way of our people but truth is that we are weaker and less hungry than our competition.. These next few years will tell you and I if we, The USA will be a powerhouse or if we will be dominated by outsiders that we see as no threat...... I do Pray that we wake up and see that the democratic way dooms us to enslavement and a weakness that will change the True meaning of what America stands for... May god help us and bless us all...
    Nonsensical Gibberish Talkin Clown,,, Das Me,,,, hehehehe.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    333 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawkgirl View Post
    It was amazing to find, when I lived in the southwest, that huge numbers of farms depended on illegal immigrants to work the fields. Employers brought them in by the busload, because they do not have to pay them minimum wage AND the employer does not have to supply workers comp. So, you cut your arm off on farm equipment in the field, get a ticket back to Mexico. It is pretty harsh, considering these are people who actually want to work and not gang bangers. Lot's of different types of people cross the border illegally, many are brought over by American employers but I suspect the employers are not bringing over MS13.

Our food/crop prices will go up if the agriculture business has to start paying minimum wage and workers comp.
    Personally I have no problem paying higher prices for fruits and vegetables if Americans are picking them. Illegal aliens have no business being here and as far as I am concerned they should be on the first vehicle that takes them back from whence they came.
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.
    1/20/2017 The end of an error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawkgirl View Post
    It was amazing to find, when I lived in the southwest, that huge numbers of farms depended on illegal immigrants to work the fields. Employers brought them in by the busload, because they do not have to pay them minimum wage AND the employer does not have to supply workers comp. So, you cut your arm off on farm equipment in the field, get a ticket back to Mexico. It is pretty harsh, considering these are people who actually want to work and not gang bangers. Lot's of different types of people cross the border illegally, many are brought over by American employers but I suspect the employers are not bringing over MS13.

Our food/crop prices will go up if the agriculture business has to start paying minimum wage and workers comp.
    They might use that as an excuse to raise prices, but I have noticed the produce in stores around here are mostly imported from other countries. It would seem we export more of what we grow than anything else. Makes me wonder if we hired American workers and sold the produce grown here in our stores, would they really lose any money?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    414 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    They might use that as an excuse to raise prices, but I have noticed the produce in stores around here are mostly imported from other countries. It would seem we export more of what we grow than anything else. Makes me wonder if we hired American workers and sold the produce grown here in our stores, would they really lose any money?
    Good point about the imported fruit.

The area where I lived in Southern Colorado, near the border of New Mexico was basically desert. The ranches/farms pumped water out of the aquifers that were supposed to bring water to Mexico (Mexico did not get it) to grow alfalfa, potatoes and chili peppers in the desert. They probably are growing marijuana now, too. They brought in the illegals. However, I might also mention, that a lot of these areas were under serious influence from the drug cartels. Maybe that also plays into the question of produce prices going up or not.

We have created a complex mess.
    Contact your reps about restrictive gun laws->https://act.nraila.org/
    Lady Shooters! PM me if you would like to join a female private firearms sub-group!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)
    I don't see a problem deporting people who are not citizens and have overstayed their welcome from their "crap hole" country as our President so eloquently put it. America has done enough to salvage those places and people and we are growing quite weary of it. How about rounding up more than 200,000 "undocumented" people and send them back.

The problem with those who don't want this to happen are somehow getting a benefit for having these folk here, it has to be or they would not be screeching so loudly to keep them here. Probably those Liberal folk are making a ton of money off these folks in some way, otherwise, they'd be telling the Government to round them up and ship them back to their place of origin.

I'm sure the Democrats screeching about these folk are not wanting them for "humanitarian" reasons, most likely they are voting for Democrats illegally, even though they deny it loudly. It's the only reason that I can come up with as to why these folks are so protected by Democrats. They have to be gaining something or they would be on the way back to their crap hole places.

I say round them up with extreme prejudice and send them packing. It's about time it was done.
    Duct Tape. It's like The Force. It has a Light Side and a Dark Side and it binds The Universe together.
    Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill every time!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)
    Why work in the fields for minimum wage when you can get; food stamps, unemployment, section 8 housing assistance, free day care, free medical, student financial aid, transportation assistance, State and County Supported Car Ownership Programs for Low-Income Families, utility bill assistance, just to name a few benifits. Yes, and certain category illegals qualify for some assistance programs.
    Last edited by chuck; January 12th, 2018 at 08:20 AM.
    U.S. Army (Ret) 1953-1977 ‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’
    — Patrick Henry

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1706 Post(s)
    First you'd have to hire Americans, which may be more difficult than you think.

Years back the Idaho forestry department was heavily criticized for hiring nothing but immigrants to plant evergreen seedling to reforest cut areas. When asked why they didn't hire Americans to do the work, the response was: None applied. None wanted to do the backbreaking job of being bent over all day in the side of a mountain poling seedlings into the dirt. The immigrants did.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    743 Post(s)

Yup! And if I may add,, Prices are already high,,, You pretty much nailed it,, We really do not know what change will happen in pricing till Till the hand picks the Cabbage..
    I'm not sure if it's really about cheap labor or effective production...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    743 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    I don't see a problem deporting people who are not citizens and have overstayed their welcome from their "crap hole" country as our President so eloquently put it. America has done enough to salvage those places and people and we are growing quite weary of it. How about rounding up more than 200,000 "undocumented" people and send them back.

The problem with those who don't want this to happen are somehow getting a benefit for having these folk here, it has to be or they would not be screeching so loudly to keep them here. Probably those Liberal folk are making a ton of money off these folks in some way, otherwise, they'd be telling the Government to round them up and ship them back to their place of origin.

I'm sure the Democrats screeching about these folk are not wanting them for "humanitarian" reasons, most likely they are voting for Democrats illegally, even though they deny it loudly. It's the only reason that I can come up with as to why these folks are so protected by Democrats. They have to be gaining something or they would be on the way back to their crap hole places.

I say round them up with extreme prejudice and send them packing. It's about time it was done.
    I believe that the agenda with our last administration was to break the back of the Country,, create poverty and create a divide,, See where I'm going here?
    Break my back and then come to "Rescue me",, There will be a price to pay for this so called rescue,, the cost will be my Freedom,, My God Given Rights...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)
    I have said it before: beware of the hand that's coming from the left. I do think that the big picture of the left is to break us as a nation and then come to help us but hat a high cost. In the end, those who take this help will have to sacrifice their freedom and bow down the nanny state. I had a young lady complain to me about announced inspections of her apartment, but she was receiving every government benefit allowed her. She took the help and in return had to give them the ability to come in to her home announced. She asked me what could be done about that. I told: get a job and pay your own way. Stop living off the democratic welfare benefits and she would regain her freedom. We may not like the left, but they are not stupid, they are calculated, and the have a plan. I'm not opposed to immigration, just opposed to immigration with no rules and standards.
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    438 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer1270 View Post
    I believe that the agenda with our last administration was to break the back of the Country,, create poverty and create a divide,, See where I'm going here?
    Break my back and then come to "Rescue me",, There will be a price to pay for this so called rescue,, the cost will be my Freedom,, My God Given Rights...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)
    That photo is so close to what is coming that it is frightening.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1706 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    They could use that at my high school reunions, now that none of us can remember anyone's' names anymore.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.