Thread: Taurus M327

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)

Taurus M327

Do any of you own one of these little j-frame sized 6 shot 327 magnums? How do you like it?
    Diligentia,Vis,Celeritas.

Live long and prosper, ; Spock

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    184 Post(s)
    I think the idea of a 6-shot .357 snubby is great. I have fired the Kimber K6S and I think it is the best snubby ever made.

I would not own a Taurus, though. I have seen too much bad press on them and a good friend of mine used to be a factory rep for them, but he dropped them. The behind-the-scenes stories he tells me has warned me off. And yes, I know there are people here who have had good luck with Taurus. Good for them. They have made some great guns, but also some lousy ones and you never know what you're gonna get from year to year.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Unrepentant chocoholic ShooterGranny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    426 Post(s)
    I think Subhuman asked about a .327 magnum.

Ruger makes an LCR .327 six shot magnum snubbie also and most of us know about Ruger quality and customer service.

A VERY quick price check on gunbroker shows both brands at about the same price.
    If you think changes need to be made - get out and DO SOMETHING positive!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    Revolvers in .327 are a little hard to come by! I would second @ShooterGranny 's suggestion that you look at a .327 LCR, but I believe you'll find it retails for a LOT more than the Taurus. Another possibility is the Charter Arms Patriot, available in a 6-shot .327 Mag. I'm not sure if they're still in production, though. The Ruger SP-101 is also available in .327, and will go for about $500 if you shop around.

I would pick either of the Rugers OR the Charter over a Taurus - not a Taurus-basher here, but I've owned all three brands and it falls out last on the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    One of those revolvers would make a good partner for a Henry lever gun in .327 magnum and if memory serves that's a pretty nice round out of a 16~18 inch barrel. Of course a Ruger SA revolver would be more period correct. I've been thinking about the .327 for a while. I suppose I should make my mind up.
    "It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of sumbeach or another." Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly
    Formerly: LeftofMars

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    I would also take a Ruger over a Taurus well half as I live near there plant so worst case lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)

well I'm a sucker for the odd stuff

those are my only 6 shots through this little pistol, 3 95 gr. SWC 32H&R mags, 3 100 gr. JSP 327 mags, shot the 32 mags first then 327 I was at 10 yards shooting DA everything being high is on me, that is a tiny little sucker and I'm going to have to figure out how to hold it and where to hold the sights when I have some time to shoot it some.

the 32 H&R mags are Federal Champion and are very mild easy shooting rounds

The .327s are Federal American Eagle 100 gr. JSP and they are spicy! they let you know you just pulled the trigger on something and would definitely make the recoil adverse shy away from that 2cnd shot in this little guy...it put a big ole stupid grin on my face

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)

I've mostly got the trigger , still working on the sights, may have to try some 85 gr. & 90 gr. and see if it hits closer to point of aim than the 100 gr. bullets, of course the J-frame is more of a screw it into the bad guy's ear and get them off of you type of pistol than a shoot at a 1" dot from 30 foot pistol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    386 Post(s)
    Now you have an excuse to get a Henry lever action in .327