Thread: White House revolving door continues

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1600 Post(s)

White House revolving door continues

Sec. of State Tillerson is out, CIA director is up to bat. So much for "hiring good people." Maybe Tilllerson wasn't ill in Africa, just sick of the job.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; March 13th, 2018 at 09:16 AM. Reason: title -- spelling
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Unrepentant chocoholic ShooterGranny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)
    Seems like everyone in the White House is "an apprentice."
    If you think changes need to be made - get out and DO SOMETHING positive!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    530 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sec. of State Tillerson is out, CIA director is up to bat. So much for "hiring good people." Maybe Tilllerson wasn't ill in Africa, just sick of the job.
    That is what happens when you hire people that may give you conflicting views. The only thing this is going to do is weed out possibly great people and fill the spots with "yes" men. Not what i envinsioned when I voted for him.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    455 Post(s)
    If President Trump begins choosing people with zero political experience to fill cabinet positions; I'm available.

Oh ya; one condition; if I do get the job, I want to be on FOX news to pump my new book written by a ghost writer.
    "A covenant not to defend myself from force, by force, is always void"...Thomas Hobbes

Moderator of the Universe jeanlouise's Avatar
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1518 Post(s)
    Mike Pompeo will do a great job as SOS.

That's all that matters to me.

Trump was handed a screwed up country after 8 years of Obama. Is it any wonder it's taking him awhile to get it back?

So far, so good. We're in a lot better shape economically, politically and socially than we were before he took office. So if he has to try out a bunch of people before he gets the team in that he can work with, so be it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1142 Post(s)
    So soon after the whole North Korea "proposal" for talks. I wonder if that was the last straw, on details of how to go about it, on the risk of a variety of potholes being stepped in preparing for such talks, etc. Or just the apparent ongoing animosity that has existed behind the scenes.

On the NK thing, it'll be interesting to see how the "revolving door" aspect plays into NK's hands or impacts the process, if at all.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1142 Post(s)
    A little background on Mike Pompeo: OnTheIssues, list of positions/stances in a variety of areas.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    703 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    If President Trump begins choosing people with zero political experience to fill cabinet positions; I'm available.

Oh ya; one condition; if I do get the job, I want to be on FOX news to pump my new book written by a ghost writer.
    You Got My Vote!
    Nonsensical Gibberish Talkin Clown,,, Das Me,,,, hehehehe.....

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    703 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanlouise View Post
    Mike Pompeo will do a great job as SOS.

That's all that matters to me.

Trump was handed a screwed up country after 8 years of Obama. Is it any wonder it's taking him awhile to get it back?

So far, so good. We're in a lot better shape economically, politically and socially than we were before he took office. So if he has to try out a bunch of people before he gets the team in that he can work with, so be it.
    Trump could cure Cancer and it will still be spun negatively...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    530 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer1270 View Post
    I actually saw where a cure for cancer ended up spreading a world wide virus that killed the entire worlds population in the show Seven Days. So, there could be a negative

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    703 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siam View Post
    I actually saw where a cure for cancer ended up spreading a world wide virus that killed the entire worlds population in the show Seven Days. So, there could be a negative
    We could use that as the cure for Liberalism

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    497 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer1270 View Post
    He'd be in trouble for decimating the pharmaceutical industry and the doctors and nurses and hospitals that focus on Cancer. And then, the question, "Why didn't he cure AIDS? He must be homophobic."
    TANSTAAFL - "Moon is a Harsh Mistress"
    OldVet, 30 March 2018: "But being the agreeable sort, I agree."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    233 Post(s)
    How does Trump's turnover rate compare to other administrations? His debt increase a year in? His approval rating at this point in an administration? Stock market? Employment? Taxes? And I like his choice to take over the company. She seems to know how to deal with certain people.

I do have one criticism of Trump, and I think its a big one: He didn't get rid of enough Obamanaught holdovers his first week in office.

John W in SC

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    497 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John W in SC View Post
    How does Trump's turnover rate compare to other administrations? His debt increase a year in? His approval rating at this point in an administration? Stock market? Employment? Taxes? And I like his choice to take over the company. She seems to know how to deal with certain people.

I do have one criticism of Trump, and I think its a big one: He didn't get rid of enough Obamanaught holdovers his first week in office.

John W in SC
    I think that President Trump's turnover rate may be higher than previous administrations. Don't know about debt increase. His approval rating is as high or higher than President Obama's at this point in time. Stock market is much higher by numbers and percentage. Employment is much better, including the best Black unemployment figures since whenever. Taxes are decreased, perhaps even better than Reagan and Clinton, I'm not sure.

I think that he has set a new record for fulfilling campaign pledges according to the Heritage Foundation. I also agree with you that he seems to have left too many of the swamp critters around so that he spends more time fighting swamp critters than draining the swamp. But, he seems to have a fast learning curve and I'd like to see even faster turnover in many of these positions. I expect that you, (John) feel the same. I think he realizes that he made mistakes in many of his first appointments. But as a successful businessman, he quickly fixes his mistakes and gets rid of them.

I wonder if it wouldn't be best for the FBI to fire about the top 3-5 levels of administration. Same for CIA, NSA, EPA, and a few other alphabet organizations. In some of them, they could move down even further.
    TANSTAAFL - "Moon is a Harsh Mistress"
    OldVet, 30 March 2018: "But being the agreeable sort, I agree."

Moderator of the Universe jeanlouise's Avatar
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1518 Post(s)
    I think it's taken Trump longer to get his, "sea legs" if you will, because he's NOT a politician. He stepped into the highest office in the land, cold turkey. He was under the mistaken impression that you can trust people who work with you to be loyal and honest.

That many (all of them coming from the Obama administration) aren't honest, loyal or even willing to work for the good of the country must have come as a disappointing realization. If he had been a career Politician he would have known this going into office and been better prepared for the backstabbing, leaking and general ugliness.

He's a pretty quick learner though. Now that he has a year in office I think we'll see things smooth out and he'll really be able to get things done.

I'm very optimistic about the future of the country.