Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baltimore Police Leader Sentenced To 25 Years

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    293 Post(s)
    I have run into a couple of bad police in Baltimore City , one gave me a traffic ticket for something I did not do . I went to court and that was even worse , the judge said to all the people that had traffic tickets . If the cop said you did it then you better have video proof that you did not do it .

The judges are part of the problem , they build these corrupt cops up and give them super powers . IMHO

And to be clear I like cops , most are great . These guys should be locked up forever .
    Go ahead punk make my day ..................

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1223 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have run into a couple of bad police in Baltimore City , one gave me a traffic ticket for something I did not do . I went to court and that was even worse , the judge said to all the people that had traffic tickets . If the cop said you did it then you better have video proof that you did not do it .
    The interesting thing is, all they had was accusations. They had no proof.

Another interesting aspect of all these technological changes we're seeing: pretty soon, it's going to become impossible for police agencies to claim they have no means of acquiring and showing proof of such accusations ... given the prevalence of radar guns, body/dash-cams and whatnot. Pretty soon, I hope, some seriously "high" judge in the courts is going to specify that there's zero reason why for such "nuisance" crap like this police shouldn't be held to the standard of: accusations <> proof, and if you want something to stick then you'd darned well better provide proof. Ultimately, perhaps it'll filter into all such claims against people. It's already done with the smokey backroom crap like drug kingpin deals and whatnot. Get it on film, get wiretaps, get your proof ... or go home.

/wishful thinking
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    293 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    The interesting thing is, all they had was accusations. They had no proof.

Another interesting aspect of all these technological changes we're seeing: pretty soon, it's going to become impossible for police agencies to claim they have no means of acquiring and showing proof of such accusations ... given the prevalence of radar guns, body/dash-cams and whatnot. Pretty soon, I hope, some seriously "high" judge in the courts is going to specify that there's zero reason why for such "nuisance" crap like this police shouldn't be held to the standard of: accusations <> proof, and if you want something to stick then you'd darned well better provide proof. Ultimately, perhaps it'll filter into all such claims against people. It's already done with the smokey backroom crap like drug kingpin deals and whatnot. Get it on film, get wiretaps, get your proof ... or go home.

/wishful thinking
    The other part of the judges comment was , if you plead guilty I will try not to give points and give you PBJ and reduce fine . Which if you look at that statement , they want your money . So basically it is a money making scheme similar to the ones the bad cops were using . IMHO
    Go ahead punk make my day ..................

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1223 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    The other part of the judges comment was , if you plead guilty I will try not to give points and give you PBJ and reduce fine . Which if you look at that statement , they want your money . So basically it is a money making scheme similar to the ones the bad cops were using . IMHO
    Innocent until proven guilty, right?

Nope. In practice, particularly in corrupt places like that: guilty, the moment accused.

Would love to have every state implement a constitutional amendment for handling of charges in court: that in cases of criminal charges where there's no single shred of verifiable forensic proof of the accusations being true, that the costs of the trial including every expense by the defense shall be paid by the state, unless the person is convicted (at which point the person is on tap to cover the costs of defense). Haven't thought this through completely, but it would essentially mirror the RKBA-defense laws in some states that presuppose innocence and put full owness on the states to proof it and to cover costs if they cannot.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John W in SC View Post
    I was in NY during the Knapp Commission.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knapp_Commission

John W in SC
    Oh, that must have been a lot of fun (sarcasism) ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Baltimore Police Leader Sentenced To 25 Years
    He wasn't a cop.

He was a criminal in a uniform.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    458 Post(s)
    The shame of it all is how the media will plaster stories like these all over the place; feeding the falsehood that LE can not be trusted.

In all probability, the greatest percentage of LE are good people; this is a case of "a few bad apples".
    "A covenant not to defend myself from force, by force, is always void"...Thomas Hobbes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    Hard to believe this went on for 'years' before Justice was served. Somebody else knew about it.
    GO NAVY!
    All Heros don't have a cape. Some wear Kevlar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    Hard to believe this went on for 'years' before Justice was served. Somebody else knew about it.
    According to a close friend who's son works at Grumman Mission Systems in Linthicum, Md. he said that there are more to face charges. As always many of those that violated their oath of office have been allowed to retire and or resign without prejudice. Hey, the riots highlighted a much bigger problem, the corrupt city Mayor and attorneys.
    U.S. Army (Ret) 1953-1977 ‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’
    — Patrick Henry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Baltimore Police Leader Sentenced To 25 Years

Hi there Wack137. I Googled: Baltimore County Maryland 1970 Ford Police car and a number of pictures came up. I trust that this is of some help. Cheers from Robbo.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    These LEOs, like any other criminals are the ones that got caught.
    As with any other group, there are many more that were not caught.

Baltimore isn't the only city that has this problem.

Pick any major metro PD and you will find much the same. Even in small town sheriff depts and city PD 's.
    Odd how most folks who say they support the Constitution as written ,,,,,,,,,,,,really don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    This is what happened in Detroit in the 80's/90's. They had to recruit a certain segment of society, and they waived education, falsified criminal records, to get people hired. Now, they have the inmates almost running the asylum. Chief Craig is a good man dealing with this fall-out as best he can. Now, this is NOT to say all the people within this police department are thugs, but there are some. Some were just busted dealing drugs and were caught in a bust, a short while ago.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I don't know how to be violent