Thread: Getting A New AIWB Holster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)

Getting A New AIWB Holster

I still love my Appalachian Concealment. However, I managed to crack a piece of Kydex by the trigger guard.Appalachian Concealment.jpg.
    I opted for the PHLster Classic It will hold all three of my 9mm Glocks. After I get to wear it and work with it I'll post a review !
    Gun culture at its best is rooted in a desire to protect, and especially to protect the people we love-Rachel Lu (University of St. Thomas)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    I suspect you will love it:
    I just received my PHLster City Special which is a j frame AIWB holster that he does limited special runs of only. I have worn it today and I can tell you it is the best AIWB purpose built holster I have ever owned, just fantastic. I first thought "dang" that is a lot of money for a Kydex holster ($87.24) shipped. I can honestly say its worth every penny.
    I have learned my lesson in saving money on holsters. I have tried exactly 8 holsters to carry a j frame AIWB and the money spent could have been saved just buying this one. I got a pop up ad since they are in my favorites and when I clicked it open he had only 2 left of another limited run so I jumped on it.
    Phlster holster 1.jpg

I will do a complete review later.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Deplorable, Bitter Clinger...and proud of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Take a look at Bladetech, they are awesome and very cheap to boot!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)

I really like it and yes it hold all my 9mm double stack Glocks. The snap loop took a little working in. Iíve got that working . The draw is very good. I can get a fast full grip ( quicker then my Appalachian since that one barely had room for my fingers). Need more draw practice . The downside so far my G17 prints more with the classic. Than the Appalachian . My G26 with Magpul Pmag12 barely prints at all. I have the solution to this I need to lose 20-30 pounds. Last night wife and I went to a very crowded Chinese Restaurant Iím Houstonís Chinatown. No one took notice (G26).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Gun culture at its best is rooted in a desire to protect, and especially to protect the people we love-Rachel Lu (University of St. Thomas)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)
    Hey Kenny does the 3 Speed know your fooling around behind its back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)

Getting A New AIWB Holster

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey Kenny does the 3 Speed know your fooling around behind its back?
    Still use it . Itís one of those great Deep Conceal setups . It only holds my G19/G26
    ( just call me a ďPlayaĒ!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)

What I have found with the PHLster Holster:
    My firearm sits a bit higher than it did in my Appalachian Concealment. I can get a really quick (My quick and your quick might be very very different!). draw. The Appalachian on my G17 just had enough room . But there's always some compromise . Matthew really had his holster built for good concealment. The PHLster My G17 prints more (To some that becomes an issue). In fact in public my wife would remark how bad my G17 was showing. The BIG PLUS on the PHLster is that it accommodates my G26/3 and my G19/4. In fact BOTH those models just disappear ( I am 5'6" @ 260#). (NOTE TO SELF: Lose about 20-30# I bet my G17 would disappear too).

Anyway. In closing I still think Matthew Turner is an AIWB GURU. The PHLster Classic is a keeper in my opinion. My G17/4 (which I love) will get to be more home defense. I will start carrying my G19 or G26 more ( I will start showing some self control in the weight department hopefully).

PHLster - b.jpg
    G19/4
    PHLster - c.jpg
    G19/4
    G17 PHLster.jpg
    G17/4

Just a reminder my G17/4 in Matthew's Appalachian Concealment ( 15# lighter though)

Gladius G17.jpg
    Last edited by Kennydale; July 18th, 2018 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)
    Yeah from that pic Mathews holster rides way to low for me as well heck that philster might be a smidge low as well but it rides closer to what I would prefer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)

Not really happy with the PHLster Classic. I suppose this will wind up in a draw of shame soon.
    Pros: it holds all double stack 9mm glocks (in same shell)
    Cons: my G19 and G17 print way too much
    The single soft loop does not keep the holster secure on my belt. If I bend down and get up, My gut pushes the whole rig up out of my pants. If not for really good retention, my Glock would fall out too.
    It does a fairly goo job with my G26, the rest FAIL!

Still no holster I have had is better than Matthew Turner's Appalachian Concealment.

The search goes on!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you Kennydale. You already know that we all have that same drawer at our perspective homes. I often thought it would be nice if we could set up a holster exchange here. One man's (woman's) junk is another ones treasure.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jttar View Post
    Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you Kennydale. You already know that we all have that same drawer at our perspective homes. I often thought it would be nice if we could set up a holster exchange here. One man's (woman's) junk is another ones treasure.
    I think you are on to something there Jttar a holster exchange program might be the way to go I would happily participate.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1219 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    Not really happy with the PHLster Classic ...If I bend down and get up, My gut pushes the whole rig up out of my pants ...
    Having the block and tackle jumping out onto the floor isn't ever good.

Over the years, I've had one or two like this. Too much grip on the inward-facing grip panel with the body, and zing! onto the floor. (Strong-side OWB or IWB only, though; no AIWB.)
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik