Thread: Around home and woodswalking choice

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

Around home and woodswalking choice

Been open carrying around the homestead and woods wandering lately. My choice mostly has been a Traditions 1873 in .357 magnum carried in a Triple K Keegan crossdraw holster. Very comfortable to carry and I kind of get a kick out of carrying the old styled piece.

20180506_112904[106].jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee1959 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been open carrying around the homestead and woods wandering lately. My choice mostly has been a Traditions 1873 in .357 magnum carried in a Triple K Keegan crossdraw holster. Very comfortable to carry and I kind of get a kick out of carrying the old styled piece.

20180506_112904[106].jpg

I agree, old school woods walks are the best!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    334 Post(s)
    Good choice.

I think a good 158 grain sp in .357 is good medicine for just about anything you run in to short of a grizzly bear.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
    “Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.” ~ Benjamin Franklin

NUTS! Gen. McAuliffe Stumpkiller's Avatar
    Upstate NY in the headlands of the foothills
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    247 Post(s)
    I like it.

I kick myself for not picking up a Ruger Single-Six in .357 Mag that came my way but I let pass some years back.
    Every word of God is pure; He is a Shield (TM) unto them that put their trust in Him. Proverbs 30:5
    In training to be the forum's assistant deputy backup curmudgeon

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good choice.

I think a good 158 grain sp in .357 is good medicine for just about anything you run in to short of a grizzly bear.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
    Yeah not much I will see in this neck of the woods the .357 wont handle. Biggest two threats these days are two legged and coyotes which have gone way over populated the past couple years. Which reminds me I need to take .22 magnum out to the barn and sit in the loft and peg a few more or the b*****ds, been hearing way to much at night lately, need to make them fear my property again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Around home and woodswalking choice

I’m in the High Desert so although I don’t have a large amt. of property my house backs into Nat.l Forrest land and a golf course so we get bobcats, Javelinas, and snakes. I have a 6.5” stainless Taurus Judge which gets 2 Snakeshot, 2 rds. Of Hornady Critical Defense Triple Defense, and one Buffalo Bore 240Gr...it’s st my back door...and since I walk Cpl. Boris. Between 6:15 and 6:45-7:30 I carry it in a simply rugged chest rig( and my Ham Radio as well-with a Wip Antenna mounted to my motorized Wheelchair) we see a lot of Snakes and Javs like this am we saw a family of 5 but we avoided them). A few years ago when we had more property 2 towns over I had to shoot one and two weeks later a Bobcat since In both places we are near the river....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DrFootball; July 27th, 2018 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Since I live in the city, my "around the house" is just my EDC (currently a ruger LC9s with a Crimson Trace laser loaded with 124gr GD or HST). When I'm in the woods, I like my 4-inch S&W 686 loaded with 158 gr JHP. I'm in the southeast, so no big bears or ungulates to worry about. Feral dogs are probably my most likely threat. I have been looking for a Ruger Vaquero in .45LC as a woods gun instead of the S&W, though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk