Thread: Missed out on a hk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

Missed out on a hk

While spending the weekend with friends in Sacramento here in this beautiful but god awful state, I wandered into a gun shop about 2 blocks from my friends place just to get in a little bit of gun lust and I spotted a used P 2000 in the display case, asked to look at it and was kinda bumfuzzled at the $850 price tag, after reading a little closer I noticed the tag said .40/.357, I asked the clerk if it had both barrels and he went to get the box to see if it was in there,,,, not only did it have both .40 S&W and a .357 Sig barrel there was also 3 extra mags, a kydex holster and about 100 rounds of assorted ammo in both calibers needless to say I was gobsmacked to find this little jewel for that price here in the heart of California plus plumb disgusted at not being able to afford to buy it and have it shipped home.... I wandered out sniveling and went back to my friends apartment and pouted until lunch time ...wish this sucker was at the Evil Pawn Shop at home it would be on layaway with my name on it for sure

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MACSghADGRTicr676
    Diligentia,Vis,Celeritas.

Live long and prosper, ; Spock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    92 Post(s)
    Wow. I did not know that model is available in .357 Sig. What an awesome little package that would
    be.
    Vote with your dollars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Did it come originally in 357 SIG or 40 S&W? If 357 then it would really be a find.
    I have a P2000 40. Later on, I bought a 357 barrel for it and keep it in my car.
    Make Ammunition Great Again

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did it come originally in 357 SIG or 40 S&W? If 357 then it would really be a find.
    I have a P2000 40. Later on, I bought a 357 barrel for it and keep it in my car.
    It was a .40 , but having that extra barrel with it made it real attractive, I'm betting you can pick up a 40-9mm barrel and a couple of 9mm mags for it in the $200 range....a 3 caliber hk for around a $1000 wouldn't suck at all, especially since it has the LEM trigger in it
    Diligentia,Vis,Celeritas.

Live long and prosper, ; Spock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Same as my setup, nice. It has been rock-solid reliable and a nice handling gun.
    The prices for P2000's have come down in recent years due to government contracts (Border Patrol and others). I know if you look around on the net you'll find some good deals for P2000's. If it is that low in California then it has got to be lower somewhere else.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)
    I know, 20/20 hindsight but I'd have been tempted to ask them if they would take layaway and ship it when it's paid for.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Unrepentant chocoholic ShooterGranny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    502 Post(s)
    While at my massage today, my massage therapist and I were talking about guns (what else?). She asked "the question".....How many guns do you need?

And she knew the answer too: "One more"

Right answer, every time.

Interesting: She carries an Elsie Pea and her hands and arms are strong enough after over 20 years of giving deep tissue massages that she doesn't even notice the recoil on that little beast!
    If you think changes need to be made - get out and DO SOMETHING positive!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Elsie Pea? Had to look that one up, ha ha.
    And since you're talking about that "one more" gun, might as well make it a P2000. Good for the range, home defense and carry. Plus they're a bargain for a HK these days.