Thread: New kydex iwb recommendations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

New kydex iwb recommendations

I am looking for a new single clip kydex iwb holster for my g26. I carry at about the 4:00 position. Anyone have a recommendation?

Unrepentant chocoholic ShooterGranny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    502 Post(s)
    Vedder. Or Vedder. Or Vedder. Light Tuck that is.
    If you think changes need to be made - get out and DO SOMETHING positive!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)
    I carry daily in The Uno.

https://www.facebook.com/CustomCarry...type=3&theater

I have ready to go for the Glock 26.
    ***TANSTAAFL***
    Holsters

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    269 Post(s)
    I have the Vedder LightTuck for a S&W Shield .45. It has a metal clip and is tuckable. I also have their tuckable mag pouches for both the Shield mags and for 1911 mags. They are good products, and work as advertised.

I also have several Concealment Express holsters for various guns, including a G-26, the Shield, and even a 1911 Commander. They have plastic clips, and mine are not tuckable. They also work as advertised. (Concealment Express now offers a tuckable, but with a narrower clip. I haven't tried it.)

The Veddar has the steel clip that I assume will never break, and is tuckable. The Concealment Express plastic clip may eventually break, but I bought a spare and it is easy to replace (or adjust). The edges of the Vedder clip seem sharper than the plastic clip on the Concealment Express, and seem to rub on my clothes more. The tuckable feature of the Vedder is more of a production to get on, as might be expected with any tuckable, and seems slower to get on or off even when not tucking. (I have a Comp-Tac tuckable with two attachment clips for the Commander. It is also slower to get on.)

If I wanted to tuck, or to be able to tuck, I'd buy the Vedder with the steel clip or the Concealment Express with the tuckable clip. If I didn't plan on tucking I'd buy the Concealment Express without the tuckable feature, for easy on & off, for a wider and more stable clip, and for the lower price.

John W in SC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John W in SC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have the Vedder LightTuck for a S&W Shield .45. It has a metal clip and is tuckable. I also have their tuckable mag pouches for both the Shield mags and for 1911 mags. They are good products, and work as advertised.

I also have several Concealment Express holsters for various guns, including a G-26, the Shield, and even a 1911 Commander. They have plastic clips, and mine are not tuckable. They also work as advertised. (Concealment Express now offers a tuckable, but with a narrower clip. I haven't tried it.)

The Veddar has the steel clip that I assume will never break, and is tuckable. The Concealment Express plastic clip may eventually break, but I bought a spare and it is easy to replace (or adjust). The edges of the Vedder clip seem sharper than the plastic clip on the Concealment Express, and seem to rub on my clothes more. The tuckable feature of the Vedder is more of a production to get on, as might be expected with any tuckable, and seems slower to get on or off even when not tucking. (I have a Comp-Tac tuckable with two attachment clips for the Commander. It is also slower to get on.)

If I wanted to tuck, or to be able to tuck, I'd buy the Vedder with the steel clip or the Concealment Express with the tuckable clip. If I didn't plan on tucking I'd buy the Concealment Express without the tuckable feature, for easy on & off, for a wider and more stable clip, and for the lower price.

John W in SC
    I am probably debating the Vedder and Concealment Express.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)
    The next IWB I'll buy will be the Black Arch single clip. The backing they put behind their hybrids looks comfortable. Adjustable height and cant and they also have a good selection of clips. https://www.blackarchholsters.com/co...-clip-protos-m

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)
    Don't have them but Vedder would be on my list as would Tulster Holster
    Gun culture at its best is rooted in a desire to protect, and especially to protect the people we love-Rachel Lu (University of St. Thomas)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I ordered a Concealment Express IWB. Should be here in a couple of days.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1876 Post(s)
    Kydex IWB are a little too unforgiving for my tastes. Leather backed would probably be okay, but the thought of hard plastic digging into my side...
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have a Vedder Light Tuck for my G26. I really like it.