Thread: Help securing iwb holster

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Help securing iwb holster

Hey guys. I own 3 guns but really only carry two so I'm looking for some advice.

This mainly applies to the second gun pictured, my m&p 2.0 9mm w/ inforce apl-c on it. When I carry it it has a tendency to move around a lot. No matter how tight my belt is. What's happening is the clip has some play to it up and down which makes it move back and forth. Being a weighty gun doesn't help. I wear a double thick nylon gun belt with a cobra buckle. That comes loose somewhat but not to the extent that it should make my holster sloppy. What can I buy to put on this holster that would keep it still? I like the ease of removal with the belt clip which is why I use them so that's a must. I've tried snap loops and didn't much care for them. I also carry at a cant. I would like to add the same solution to my tulster holster. That clip is rigid enough but I like keeping my holsters and whatnot consistent. Thanks in advance! My belt is 1.5" if that makes a difference

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    Get an N82 holster and your gun moving around days are over.
    Odd how most folks who say they support the Constitution as written ,,,,,,,,,,,,really don't.

Unrepentant chocoholic ShooterGranny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    458 Post(s)

make a wedge

I had that problem with a plastic clip that was too wide for my 1 1/2" gun belt. I solved it by cutting a wedge, which was a plain round piece of pencil, and gluing it in, then painting the outside edges black with a magic marker. Free fix, it was.

2014 minnie holster wwith wedge.jpg

The result was that it fit my belt and no more slippy-slidey stuff.
    If you think changes need to be made - get out and DO SOMETHING positive!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    438 Post(s)
    Go to the Tulster website and check out some reviews for that belt clip. Some 1.5 inch belt owners are saying they solved the same problem you have by going to a 1.75 belt......https://tulster.com/quick-clip-only-1-5/

The site says they sell the clip in two sizes for belts 1.5 and 1.75. What size clip is yours ?
    Last edited by Arejay; October 8th, 2018 at 02:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    299 Post(s)
    Problem is the damned thing is made out of plastic, Kydex to be exact, slippery as snot on a door knob.
    Kydex is good stuff but it does tend to be sliippery.
    You gotta fix it somehow, granny has a solution as does Arejay.
    Perhaps you could glue something to it not so slick, like suede.
    Use your imagination.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go to the Tulster website and check out some reviews for that belt clip. Some 1.5 inch belt owners are saying they solved the same problem you have by going to a 1.75 belt......https://tulster.com/quick-clip-only-1-5/

The site says they sell the clip in two sizes for belts 1.5 and 1.75. What size clip is yours ?
    1.5. As are all the clips. I have 3 iwb and 2 owb all with 1.5" clips or loops. Also have my mag holders with 1.5".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Thanks for the ideas guys. I'm wondering if some grip tape on the side that contacts my pants would help. What do you think about j hooks?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    If your determined to stay with that style holster get some mole skin. Usually find it anyplace they sell archery equipment.
    Stick it to the holster so it is between your pants and holster .
    Odd how most folks who say they support the Constitution as written ,,,,,,,,,,,,really don't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    Things to the understand, a single clip moves more than a dual clip,position and # of belt loops on your pants also dictates how much a holster can move, appendix carry locks the holster between your belt buckle and one of the two front belt loops your jeans limiting movment, if you want to carry at the 3:30-4:00 position invest in pants with 7Belt loops instead of 5 then lock the holster between the loops just behind your hip, those loops only allow for about 2" of movement between them whereas pants with just 5 loops have 5-8" of space between the side and rear belt loops,
    Diligentia,Vis,Celeritas.

Live long and prosper, ; Spock

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1702 Post(s)
    I am not a fan of plastic holster clips. Mine have spring steel clips and take an effort to get on and an effort to get off. The holster doesn't budge when I properly seat the clip on the belt. Sounds like your clip/belt size does not match or the clip is weak.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    299 Post(s)
    Lots of good ideas here to fix that slippery rascal up.
    Kind of like the mole skin idea, but have you ever tried to catch those little beggars?