Thread: Damn you glock!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Damn you glock!!!!!!

I posted a year or so ago that I had sold my Glock 19 and 26 (both Gen 3) to finance the purchase of my H&K VP9sk. I love the VP9. It fits my hand so well. I am accurate with it. I love the paddle mag release. But, the one thing I just don't love is the thickness of the gun. It really isn't bad but I just love the basic flat sides of the slide on the Glock.

I have resisted holding the Gen 5 Glocks because I had determined to move away from the Glock. After all, the design was just too thick from the backstrap to the trigger for me. Just a little, but still too thick.

I was in my LGS Saturday. Talking to the guys there and one of them told me I really needed to hold the Gen 5 Glock 19 they have. I told him why I didn't want to and of course he gave me massive amounts of crap for my logic. And it got to me so I gave in. And damn it! The stupid thing works for me now! The one I held has the small backstrap on it and it works!

Now what do I do? Save up and buy a Gen 5 Glock 19 and a 26? Well, that's exactly what I'm doing. I almost got away, but Glock found a way to pull me back in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    172 Post(s)
    I Love my gen 5 Glock 19. No finger grooves and a smooth faced and a more crisp trigger pull than the spongey gen 4 triggers. It feels like the first Glock I bought back in the early 90's.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1702 Post(s)
    thOTDPMN3C.jpg

Something newer will come along.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1219 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was in my LGS Saturday. Talking to the guys there and ...
    Well, there you go. That was your first error. A serious one, at that. You know as well as the rest of us that that's a recipe for disaster!

one of them told me I really needed to hold the Gen 5 Glock 19 they have ... And damn it! The stupid thing works for me now! The one I held has the small backstrap on it and it works!
    Sell the car, the house, most of your clothes ... keep the H&K VP9. Best solution, from any angle.

Sorry to hear that Glock's been listening and has trimmed up the G19's newest sibling to be thinner and flatter-riding. That's a seductive combination.

Flattest-riding sidearm I've ever worn: the early '90s Browning BDM 9mm. Fairly light, for an all-metal gun, very flat, 15+1 rds, but nearly no gunsmith alive wanted to work on them. I dearly wish all makers of sidearms would mirror (or better) the essential width dimensions of that early Browning BDM. Unsurpassed, since then, so far as I can tell. About the slimmest would be a standard 1911 .45ACP with flat-panel grips, though it wouldn't be 15+1 (9mm) unless also chambered in 9mm.

I feel for ya, Mike. Suck it up, buddy. Part with the H&K, or get out your "groveling" face for the holidays. Since all the kids know your "pain" on this, perhaps you can finagle them all go to in together on a new G19 5G for you. After all, the holidays are arriving soon ... followed by your birthday.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

NUTS! Gen. McAuliffe Stumpkiller's Avatar
    Upstate NY in the headlands of the foothills
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)
    And, about the time you get 50 rounds through it Gen 6 will be announced that will put it to shame.

Always the way.
    Every word of God is pure; He is a Shield (TM) unto them that put their trust in Him. Proverbs 30:5
    In training to be the forum's assistant deputy backup curmudgeon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    172 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpkiller View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And, about the time you get 50 rounds through it Gen 6 will be announced that will put it to shame.

Always the way.
    Well they do already have a new model 9mm called the Glock 45. Not sure when it was released but just saw one at the LGS the other day.
    https://us.glock.com/en/products/g45