Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump shooting himself in foot in Chicago

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    I will vote for Trump again if he is what is standing between the Democrats and the white house, when he is no longer eligible to run, I will vote for whatever conservative is opposing the Democratic party, whine about the man if you want to but he's beats the hell out of Obama and is a godsend in the place of Hillary...

If we want to change our country we have to start by electing ethical people in our city government, then our district and state government then keep forcing the change on to the federal government, whining on here doesn't make a difference go out among the public and let your voice and opinion be heard just as loud and obnoxious as the left wing nut jobs put theirs forth....
    And another thing get the hell off of Trump's back and let the man do his job
    Diligentia,Vis,Celeritas.

Live long and prosper, ; Spock

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Over_Cogitate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least as far as the population in Illinois is concerned, Trump's long distance squabble with Chicago doesn't mean a darn thing. Whatever demon spawn the Democrats run in 2020 is going to carry this state by a vast margin. The city dwellers, dead people, felons, and illegals could easily outvote the conservatives even before they loop back for their second and maybe third votes each.
    Ideally the fed would stay hopelessly gridlocked all the time.

That not being possible Trump is ok as long as he isn't calling for worse violations of rights than his opponents. Stop and frisk, and grab the guns first, are worse.
    Odd how most folks who say they support the Constitution as written ,,,,,,,,,,,,really don't.

Unrepentant chocoholic ShooterGranny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    458 Post(s)
    You all need to review all of the President's "pronouncements" and see that he very often says things that get a LOT of people up in arms - or things that make the Libertards think he's on their side. Never pay attention to his first pronouncement on any given subject. Continue to watch and listen to find out where he actually stands and what he is actually doing.

It's his way of keeping the other side off balance. Unfortunately it also often keeps the conservative side's panties in a wad.

As I see the man, so far in spite of the extreme hate and opposition and almost total lack of cooperation from his own party, he's come through with a heck of a lot of his campaign promises. He just has his own "style." That style has been consistent for a few decades.

I suppose I need to put on my own Nomex suit now.
    If you think changes need to be made - get out and DO SOMETHING positive!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    You all need to review all of the President's "pronouncements" and see that he very often says things that get a LOT of people up in arms - or things that make the Libertards think he's on their side. Never pay attention to his first pronouncement on any given subject. Continue to watch and listen to find out where he actually stands and what he is actually doing.

It's his way of keeping the other side off balance. Unfortunately it also often keeps the conservative side's panties in a wad.

As I see the man, so far in spite of the extreme hate and opposition and almost total lack of cooperation from his own party, he's come through with a heck of a lot of his campaign promises. He just has his own "style." That style has been consistent for a few decades.

To be fair, that is a two way street. I'm still waiting for those NGFZ's Trump promised "day one".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)

Lol not really. No flames.

I just simply vote 2a RTKABA because I know when that is gone so is everything else.

That said. Trump didn't come thru on day one no more GFZ. I personally would have been happy with an executive order directing the COE to drop their gun bans.

As to what he says I'm more concerned with what he's done. Which is sign into law in months more gun regulation than Obama in 8 yrs.

And he will ban bump stocks meaning he is constitutionality ignorant for the gov has no authority to do so. Or operate NICS or fix NICS.

On 2a he has not factually been gun friendly. So to ME he is proving to be dangerous.
    Odd how most folks who say they support the Constitution as written ,,,,,,,,,,,,really don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Subhuman View Post
    I will vote for Trump again if he is what is standing between the Democrats and the white house, when he is no longer eligible to run, I will vote for whatever conservative is opposing the Democratic party, whine about the man if you want to but he's beats the hell out of Obama and is a godsend in the place of Hillary...

If we want to change our country we have to start by electing ethical people in our city government, then our district and state government then keep forcing the change on to the federal government, whining on here doesn't make a difference go out among the public and let your voice and opinion be heard just as loud and obnoxious as the left wing nut jobs put theirs forth....
    And another thing get the hell off of Trump's back and let the man do his job
    I'm a big Trump supporter. But I will not worship him or hold my tongue when he says something that clearly indicates his ignorance of individual rights. I certainly don't expect him to be perfect either. BORs really isn't rocket science.
    Pardon me, Sir, for this difference of opinion. my personal interest in such questions is entirely extinct; but not my wishes for the longest possible continuance of our government on itís pure principles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    376 Post(s)
    I think this is like shootergranny said.

He speaks and says a few wild things to get attention and then steps back with real proposals.

I am willing to bet we will not see a return of stop and frisk.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
    "We the people, are the rightful masters of both the Congress, and the Courts. Not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who have perverted it." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    If you're going to endorse rampant illegal searches, you may as well endorse seizure of all privately owned firearms. Look at the number of stolen guns that would eliminate.

Pull those asbestos undies up high!
    Over react much?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1702 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Over react much?
    Never.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1219 Post(s)
    You all need to review all of the President's "pronouncements" and see that he very often says things that get a LOT of people up in arms - or things that make the Libertards think he's on their side. Never pay attention to his first pronouncement on any given subject ...
    If he flatly refused to sign anything and everything involving destruction of the Constitution and sidestepping of the 2A's prohibition on fiddling, that'd be fine.

And I suppose it's worthwhile to note that his post-signing claim that he'd "... never sign another bill like that ever again" sounds promising.

But, like it or not, he did actually sign it. He didn't veto it, forcing the swamp rats in Congress to put their money where their mouths are and attempt to force that unconstitutional bit of crapola through.

I'm all for the "shell game" being played, to keep the destroyers hopping from one foot to the other. Absolutely. But whatever he says is made moot, if in the end he's enthusiastically singing the thing anyway. That's the proof in the pudding, no matter what else goes before.

And with this proposed "bump stock" stuff ... time will tell whether he's in the destroyers' pockets, or whether he's actually got integrity enough to tell them to shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Sad, that with clearly prohibited fiddling (in the case of the BOR-protected liberties) he's playing with fire. He should be scrubbing all of Creation clean of all the destroyers' tools to the greatest extent the Office allows, fighting them tooth and nail, when it comes to protection of the Constitution. (Though, I'll give him at least some leeway given how nasty and hateful this 24/7 fight has been since taking office. Right up until he grabs a pen to sign such stuff.)
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    Disagree with some of the comments.....

1. Trump knows the Constitution, and even if he didn't , he has some very knowledgeable folks that would not be shy about telling him real quick. Him throwing the "something like..... stop and frisk" , is suggesting come up an idea where you can get some of the people illegally carrying guns out in jail / prison. He wasn't suggesting the Fed's do it, nor it specifically, to me that he was saying they (in Chicago) need to come of some ideas to help it .... slow it .... stop it ...... rather then sitting back pathetically and doing nothing.

2. Public and on private party , effects what level of protection anyone has in terms of the 4th Amendment. ID a person who has a felony, and think he's carrying, then legal to do a search. You might be amazed just stopping and talking to someone, how much they will "out" themselves. That alone will produce some results. I've always been surprised how folks run their mouths and out themselves. Also, it would likely just make the bad guys a bit more nervous with the police strolling around , etc. in the streets. I remember when a Police stopped a guy to ask him some questions, trying to determine if he was the one they were looking for on a case (fit the description) and they asked him if he would show them his ID (didn't demand it) . He told them sure, but it's in my backpack ..... got in his backpack, then pulled out a .44 Mag 12" barrel out and asked the officer if he would hold it for him a second, while he got his billfold. Uh, he was the guy and had past felonies, and thus illegal for him to also have the gun.

I was the one really looking for this guy, and asked them to check that area as I was told he was there at that point. I advised them to definitely consider him armed, and dangerous. He was, obviously. They brought him to me to go from there, and one of the first things he asked, was if he was going to get the gun back later or not. Duh.
    Last edited by eagleks; October 11th, 2018 at 02:29 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleks View Post
    Disagree with some of the comments.....

1. Trump knows the Constitution, and even if he didn't , he has some very knowledgeable folks that would not be shy about telling him real quick. Him throwing the "something like..... stop and frisk" , is suggesting come up an idea where you can get some of the people illegally carrying guns out in jail / prison. He wasn't suggesting the Fed's do it, nor it specifically, to me that he was saying they (in Chicago) need to come of some ideas to help it .... slow it .... stop it ...... rather then sitting back pathetically and doing nothing.

2. Public and on private party , effects what level of protection anyone has in terms of the 4th Amendment. ID a person who has a felony, and think he's carrying, then legal to do a search. You might be amazed just stopping and talking to someone, how much they will "out" themselves. That alone will produce some results. I've always been surprised how folks run their mouths and out themselves. Also, it would likely just make the bad guys a bit more nervous with the police strolling around , etc. in the streets. I remember when a Police stopped a guy to ask him some questions, trying to determine if he was the one they were looking for on a case (fit the description) and they asked him if he would show them his ID (didn't demand it) . He told them sure, but it's in my backpack ..... got in his backpack, then pulled out a .44 Mag 12" barrel out and asked the officer if he would hold it for him a second, while he got his billfold. Uh, he was the guy and had past felonies, and thus illegal for him to also have the gun.

I was the one really looking for this guy, and asked them to check that area as I was told he was there at that point. I advised them to definitely consider him armed, and dangerous. He was, obviously. They brought him to me to go from there, and one of the first things he asked, was if he was going to get the gun back later or not. Duh.
    Trouble with that is to stop and ID someone an officer has, to articulate suspicion of a, crime, having been, in process of being, or, about to be, committed.
    Otherwise he cannot legally ID that person or detain and talk to him against his will.

There is no constitutional or legal basis to just stop and frisk a person because an officer wants too.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    644 Post(s)
    Memories are short, does anyone remember this:
    Aurora pays $325,000 settlement for 2012 mass traffic stop after bank robbery

This is what happens when LE thinks they can do what ever the heck they want

Anyone remember this:

Boston's Door-to-Door Searches Weren't Illegal, Even Though They Looked Bad

That was total cow feces what they did under the guise of "we are protecting you"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Trouble with that is to stop and ID someone an officer has, to articulate suspicion of a, crime, having been, in process of being, or, about to be, committed.
    Otherwise he cannot legally ID that person or detain and talk to him against his will.

There is no constitutional or legal basis to just stop and frisk a person because an officer wants too.
    DuH ... had an arrest warrant for muder, think that's good enough. Know the law quite well .

As far as in general . generally they know who are past felons, in gangs, etc. and there can be various signs they are carrying ..... behavior, bulges in the wrong places, etc.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleks View Post
    DuH ... had an arrest warrant for muder, think that's good enough. Know the law quite well .

As far as in general . generally they know who are past felons, in gangs, etc. and there can be various signs they are carrying ..... behavior, bulges in the wrong places, etc.
    I think most of us are talking about the abuse of stop and frisk.