Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    546 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm tired of it. I'm sure I'm gonna get blasted but oh well.

You don't like cops. You don't feel that anyone should have any athourity to tell you what you need to do. You seem to believe we should all go back to the 17-1800 and eveything would be fine. Got news for you. It wasn't so fine back then and your not gonna change it now.

If things bother you to the extant you rant and ramble on about maybe you should find you a "holler" and go live up in it.

Lol.
    I like honest cops who do their J0B within the legal limits set for them to do it.

I don't like cops, and that's a great many who feel that badge puts them above even the laws that govern how they are to do that job.
    A stop for no reason but to "check a vehicle out " is an illegal stop. Period.
    All cops know this. Most will break that law anyway.
    That type of cop I despise. Cops like the serial killer BP officer. Or convicted murderer ex Chicago officer Van Dyke and his Co conspirators.

You are no more tired of me than I am people who try to defend leos caught red handed comymitting worse crimes than the criminals.

And I don't "need "any authority on this earth to tell me what I need to do. I'm a free grown man who stopped needing someone to tell me right from wrong or what I "need " to do when I got out of high school. Most adults do.

Oh. And I already live up a "holler". You should try it. Lol
    Odd how most folks who say they support the Constitution as written ,,,,,,,,,,,,really don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)
    I'm tired of it. I'm sure I'm gonna get blasted but oh well.

You don't like cops. You don't feel that anyone should have any athourity to tell you what you need to do. You seem to believe we should all go back to the 17-1800 and eveything would be fine. Got news for you. It wasn't so fine back then and your not gonna change it now.

If things bother you to the extant you rant and ramble on about maybe you should find you a "holler" and go live up in it.
    A lot of assumptions there. Who, exactly is doing the rant and rambling and being bothered here? Not blasting you, just pointing out the obvious the way I see it. What do you think, issuing a ticket for this makes police look good. Ghost is right it creates a less than favorable view of LEO which should be painfully obvious. Jeesh!!!! Oh, but I forgot "nothing personal but there must be more to the story"
    Pardon me, Sir, for this difference of opinion. my personal interest in such questions is entirely extinct; but not my wishes for the longest possible continuance of our government on itís pure principles.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    546 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    In Portland Oregon the cops are letting Antifa march without a permit, direct traffic and damage the vehicles if they want to.
    You get a ticket for using a turn signal. Go figure

Which is easier?

Hassle the op over a legal act in a totally safe if illegal stop.

Or attempt to corrall a group who out numbers you, gas no fear of you, and will happily give you all the trouble you want plus some.

Not hard to figure.
    Odd how most folks who say they support the Constitution as written ,,,,,,,,,,,,really don't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nlyric View Post
    A lot of assumptions there. Who, exactly is doing the rant and rambling and being bothered here? Not blasting you, just pointing out the obvious the way I see it. What do you think, issuing a ticket for this makes police look good. Ghost is right it creates a less than favorable view of LEO which should be painfully obvious. Jeesh!!!! Oh, but I forgot "nothing personal but there must be more to the story"
    Did he get a ticket? Maybe your crystal ball knows?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1178 Post(s)
    Would your attitude be different if he did get a ticket?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    188 Post(s)
    Yep just another mean old cop. Nothing personal but I bet there is more to this story.
    Agreed

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Sounds like SC.<snip>

Not really. Most cars here don't seem to have turn signals. I say that because I so rarely see one in use. Well, rarely except by older drivers (my peeps) who leave them flashing as a sign to others that "I'm a geeze".

;-)

John W in SC

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    546 Post(s)
    Doesn't matter if he got a ticket or not.
    Even if it was a state that has some goofy law that you have to signal 100 yrds before turning, after stopping for a stop sign, which I highly doubt exists, it was, a, nuisance stop.
    The type of stop that earns LE the less than favorable view by the public at large they have.

Defending leos that do wrong doesn't help the good ones.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakyak View Post
    That the best you got. You're a parrot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Actually got pulled over b/c I put my turn signal on after stopping at a stop sign - hadn't decided which way I was going yet. Cop said "law says you have to signal 100 ft b4 turn". What a douche nozzle. This is how cops alienate the citizenry.
    You encountered a "revenue generator" disguised as a cop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Doesn't matter if he got a ticket or not.
    Even if it was a state that has some goofy law that you have to signal 100 yrds before turning, after stopping for a stop sign, which I highly doubt exists, it was, a, nuisance stop.
    The type of stop that earns LE the less than favorable view by the public at large they have.

Defending leos that do wrong doesn't help the good ones.
    So you're admitting that there are good cops? I'm stunned. Next you will say there are good laws.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    546 Post(s)
    So you're admitting that there are good cops? I'm stunned. Next you will say there are good laws.
    Never said there weren't good cops.

Always maintained there were. Just that there are WAY more bad ones than badge bunnies will admit.

That the first official story covering an LEO actions that are questionable acts is almost always just that. A cover up.

And that the general public has no idea just how corrupt that profession has become.

As far as laws. Basic laws prohibiting crimes against actual victims, murder, rape,theft , etc are needed.

Laws against victimless crimes , social engineering laws, revenue producing laws, and unconstititonal laws need to be repealed yesterday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakyak View Post
    How bout if he were arrested for not putting his blinker on!!! Yes arrested. I highly doubt that Texas is the only state that statutorily allows for that. Only reason I know is because I was at a armed rally at a police station of just such an arrest of a CHL holder. The charge, and subsequent time in a cage, was for failing to signal a turn.. The officers who joined us out in front of the station including the chief seemed to be some very nice and reasonable people.

When I raised my concerns with such an obviously oppressive law with a lieutenant there, he asked me if I was ever a cop. To which I answered no. His explanation, which was even more concerning to me, as to why such a law was good from a cops perspective (or at least his) was, It gives them time to investigate further... Apparently "guilty until proven innocent" is the embedded collective mentality of those today who cherish safety over freedom at all cost... Sure cops are good people, a lot of them, but there is no denying the system has devolved to the point where their very training is geared toward the implementation of oppression for the sake of safety. Caught between 2 oaths ethically, the way I see it. One oath to statutory and many times oppressive regulation, The other their service to protecting freedoms of the people they serve, affirming their oath to uphold The COTUS. Clearly the latter takes a back seat in our current climate for many of them.

It is actually worse than that. It is my understanding that any traffic violation here in Texas is an arrest-able offense. Except for speeding, unless it is over 20mph of the posted limit. Then that too is grounds for arrest. My whole point is that some people (correction: most people today) will never understand what freedom really is and therefore will never recognize the obvious threats to its preservation or existence at all. Waste of breath trying to get some of them to understand. Speaking of which @21bubba , you are correct OP never stated he was ticketed. It was just a matter of "public safety" that he couldn't be simply left alone to "freely" go about his business, right?
    Pardon me, Sir, for this difference of opinion. my personal interest in such questions is entirely extinct; but not my wishes for the longest possible continuance of our government on itís pure principles.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1178 Post(s)
    He says it all the time. It seems you either dont read them, or choose to ignore them.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1878 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John W in SC View Post
    Not really. Most cars here don't seem to have turn signals. I say that because I so rarely see one in use. Well, rarely except by older drivers (my peeps) who leave them flashing as a sign to others that "I'm a geeze".

;-)

John W in SC
    I based that on a Richland County deputy on one of the cop shows telling a person about the 100-foot requirement. It's the law--whenever they decide to enforce it. Having spent much of my youth in Columbia, I know how lackadaisical SC drivers can be, such as slowing up for a left turn 3/4 mile before they get there and crossing over into the left lane--in front of oncoming traffic--to make a left turn.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.