Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer1270 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have them and we use them on a grassy surface,,, they are a hoot to shoot!! We have used from .22 to .45 and I will say that they are fun,,, we line up and fire one after another,, we personally didn't have issues with bullets coming back at us from 50 - 70 yards.....

One more thing,,, they will not take 1000 rounds of .45....

PS - We where shooting at them from an elevated position....
    I'm sure they are a hoot! It is unfortunate that we do not have either the grass, the distance or the rifle shooters in our women's group.

Our ladies (middle age and older) are new enough to shooting that most of them can only handle shooting a .22 pistol from about 5 to 7 yards maximum SO FAR. They are making progress, though, and that's why we have this group. A couple have "graduated" to .380's. "P" (the head of the group) and I are proud of them.
    Click here to find out how you can help a fellow PDF member
    https://www.personaldefenseforum.net...my-dear-friend

Senior Member Rep Power: 4
    Rep Level: PDF Colonist
    The free state of Idaho...if we can keep it
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Tip o' the hat; I hear you!

Senior Member Rep Power: 8
    Rep Level: PDF Militia
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    453 Post(s)
    Newton's third law of motion sums it up pretty well.

Senior Member Rep Power: 20
    Rep Level: PDF Bronze Member
    Threads
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1079 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    I'm sure they are a hoot! It is unfortunate that we do not have either the grass, the distance or the rifle shooters in our women's group.

Our ladies (middle age and older) are new enough to shooting that most of them can only handle shooting a .22 pistol from about 5 to 7 yards maximum SO FAR. They are making progress, though, and that's why we have this group. A couple have "graduated" to .380's. "P" (the head of the group) and I are proud of them.
    Today they are new,,, Hopefully they get good enough to broaden their skills in SD and then look to hit some smaller targets at longer distance,,, I like to do lolipops also,, we take plastic bottle caps and put them on shishkabob stix and we shoot the caps,, Pretty cool stuff....

Unrepentant chocoholic Rep Power: 100
    Rep Level: PDF Constitution Protector
    Threads
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Today they are new,,, Hopefully they get good enough to broaden their skills in SD and then look to hit some smaller targets at longer distance,...
    "P" has a couple of them using the dot torture test targets now, so those ladies have graduated from full size targets to tiny circles to hone their aiming skills. One step at a time. We got one brand new one this month and she has major physical challenges but did pass the carry permit class and really wants to find a gun she can use well.

Since the weather was awful, we met at my house this month and after dry fire practice inside we moved to my garage to do some BB handgun shooting at a splatter target. Only from 4 yards away, but they enjoyed it. The brand new lady did super at 3 yards but when I moved her to 4 yards her shot pattern widened. Yep, we have 'several" plastic BB's on the garage floor now - beats the heck out of all over the carpet in the house.

She has an awful grip style and has used it just enough that it is a major challenge changing that wrong muscle memory. She also has a Shield EZ that stovepipes, refuses to feed, etc. and I strongly suspect it is an ammo problem - flat nose bullets. We have to wait until decent weather and I'll take my own EZ and meet her at the range to do some comparison shooting with the two guns plus her flat nose ammo and my round nose ammo. The store where she bought it is willing to do whatever it takes to make sure she winds up with a gun that works properly that she can use. She also has a gorgeous older Colt .357 snubbie but can only pull the trigger using both trigger fingers, so a different revolver is not the answer for her at this point.

1911 Addicted Rep Power: 7
    Rep Level: PDF Militia
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)
    Thanks for the PSA SG. I had considered purchasing some of these to plink at with my granddaughters. But our plinking range is gravel and hard dirt, and I don't want to discourage them by sticking a target out at 50 yards they'd likely miss.
    NRA Patriot Life Member (Patron), GOA, SAF - CCRKBA, NAGR, Handgunlaw.us Donor, TFALAC

Threads
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    Thanks for the PSA SG. I had considered purchasing some of these to plink at with my granddaughters. But our plinking range is gravel and hard dirt, and I don't want to discourage them by sticking a target out at 50 yards they'd likely miss.
    I use distilled water every night in my water pik dental flosser and we have collected a LOT of empty plastic gallon size water jugs. They are large enough to make good plinking targets for your granddaughters - at any distance. Putting them on "something" above the gravel would be the best idea so you don't take a chance of bullets hitting the gravel and ricocheting. A REALLY OLD crummy wooden bench would be a good target stand.

OR hanging good size empty plastic jugs from a target stand using fairly strong cord so they can hit them and watch them "dance" would be total joy for the kids. Heck, that's almost total joy for ME.

Senior Member Rep Power: 20
    Rep Level: PDF Bronze Member
    Threads
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1079 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    "P" has a couple of them using the dot torture test targets now, so those ladies have graduated from full size targets to tiny circles to hone their aiming skills. One step at a time. We got one brand new one this month and she has major physical challenges but did pass the carry permit class and really wants to find a gun she can use well.

Since the weather was awful, we met at my house this month and after dry fire practice inside we moved to my garage to do some BB handgun shooting at a splatter target. Only from 4 yards away, but they enjoyed it. The brand new lady did super at 3 yards but when I moved her to 4 yards her shot pattern widened. Yep, we have 'several" plastic BB's on the garage floor now - beats the heck out of all over the carpet in the house.

She has an awful grip style and has used it just enough that it is a major challenge changing that wrong muscle memory. She also has a Shield EZ that stovepipes, refuses to feed, etc. and I strongly suspect it is an ammo problem - flat nose bullets. We have to wait until decent weather and I'll take my own EZ and meet her at the range to do some comparison shooting with the two guns plus her flat nose ammo and my round nose ammo. The store where she bought it is willing to do whatever it takes to make sure she winds up with a gun that works properly that she can use. She also has a gorgeous older Colt .357 snubbie but can only pull the trigger using both trigger fingers, so a different revolver is not the answer for her at this point.
    If she has trouble with the trigger on her Colt,, She may wannaa try The Python .357,,, I do like the trigger on that revolver...

Member Rep Power: 0
    Rep Level: PDF Range Member
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    I'd like to have some of those- unfortunately I no longer have an open place to shoot. In the past i would save plastic water bottles. When I would go out to shoot I's take a bag full and scatter them about and then shoot them up. It was fun. The county closed my personal range- an open field right next door!........now i go to a bona fide range- however they will not allow shooting on the ground. We must shoot targets on a stand so the bullets land in the berm.
    But it was fun while it lasted.

Threads
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

If she has trouble with the trigger on her Colt,, She may wannaa try The Python .357,,, I do like the trigger on that revolver...
    She has a very limited budget. Getting enough ammo and the needed accessories for her revolver and her Shield EZ (if she keeps it) is about what she can do. She's been doing hand strength exercises and says she can pull the trigger on the colt with one finger now. How many times in a row she can do that remains to be seen, but she is serious about becoming a shootist!