Rep Level: PDF Range Master

Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    294 Post(s)
    I've come to understand that with the exception of Andy and Barney you disapprove of all law enforcement.

Senior Member Rep Power: 12
    Rep Level: PDF Constitution Protector
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    985 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've come to understand that with the exception of Andy and Barney you disapprove of all law enforcement.
    Then you would understand wrong.
    I disapprove of LE that flagrantly disregarded the states statutes in this case.

And leos, who blatantly use that badge for personal gain, to harass , to murder, and ignore the COTUS.

Good cops I'm in total support of.
    There are just less and less of them.
    And the days of just believeing a LEO because he saiys something is so are long gone, unless one is a badge bunny.

Rep Level: PDF American
    Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1474 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    I disapprove of LE that flagrantly disregarded the states statutes in this case.

And leos, who blatantly use that badge for personal gain, to harass , to murder, and ignore the COTUS.

And the days of just believeing a LEO because he saiys something is so are long gone, unless one is a badge bunny.
    I have no idea why people still spout the *you disprove of all police* narrative. It's not like you haven't dispelled that myth. I'm guessing you've done it at last 50 times on this forum. I guess you can only lead them to water...

Senior Member Rep Power: 4

Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    294 Post(s)

I'm not wrong. A simple sentence of "Good cops I'm in total support of" doesn't offset your constant bashing of all forms of LE.

Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1474 Post(s)
    I rest my case...

Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    985 Post(s)

I'm not wrong. A simple sentence of "Good cops I'm in total support of" doesn't offset your constant bashing of all forms of LE.

OK. You win. You know what I think better than I
    do.

You know who my friends are better than I do.

You know who I work security with. And who I won't better than me.

So since you know my past, present, friends etc better than I do I guess I submit that you know me better than I know me.

Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    294 Post(s)
    OK. You win. You know what I think better than I
    do.

You know who my friends are better than I do.

You know who I work security with. And who I won't better than me.

So since you know my past, present, friends etc better than I do I guess I submit that you know me better than I know me.
    It's a start.

Senior Member Rep Power: 8
    Rep Level: PDF Militia
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    869 Post(s)
    Apologies . 90 was a typo. Smart phone does that at times and I don't catch it.

The video doesn't show everything. It does show Morris firing first.

Morriss admitted firing first.

By statute in this case Tuley can't be arrested .
    He clearly shot in SD at a police officer who fired on him first when he had broken no law nor offered a threat.

There is no requirement to allow even a police officer to shoot you when you have done nothing illegal.

Morris should be in jail now. And no charges were legally allowed to be brought against Tully.

The fact he was charged, illegally, in the first place speaks volumes about OPD, Morris, and the KSP post investigating.
    I can't find a video that shows Morris fired first. He did, however, admit that he fired first in an interview with the KSP within 9 days of the event.. The KSP stated that Turley was not at fault. Perhaps, if there is a video, Morris admitted to firing first if he thought the video showed that he did, or perhaps he is just being honest.

The only person I see that is totally in the wrong is the DA who pushed this, and the people who sat on the GJ who failed to depose Turley and get his side of what happened. I have found that GJs are too quick to just accept whatever the DA is pushing.

However I don't see where the KSP failed in their investigation, they basically exonerated Turley. It seems you are asking for LE to convict Morris without a trial, which only makes you seem unreasonably anti-LE. I believe people in this case should focus on the actions of the DA responsible for the charges, based on the information provided here.

You did this in the case of Amber Guyger by claiming the Texas Rangers would fail to find her guilty in their investigation and that she would walk. That did not happen. She is facing a murder trial.

Of course LE is going to close ranks when stuff like this happens, each of them can put theirselves in situations of---"that could have been me". Often though these corrupt or inept LE officers are caught and held to account. I am all for raising awareness when this happens and trying to get rid of those in LE who abuse their power. However I believe this action should be based on evidence and not on hearsay and personal feelings.
    “Civil Wars happen when the victimized are armed. Genocide happens when they are not.”
    ― A.E. Samaan

Senior Member Rep Power: 3
    Rep Level: PDF Colonist
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    The officer screwed up. Just because someone is where they have a right to be, while armed does not give anyone, an officer of the law included the right to start slinging lead their way. He should have been the one being investigated. I also agree in that when the state drops charges, Tuley will be secure in his finances, and will no longer need to live in a trailer on his sons property.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I don't know how to be violent

Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    985 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMcPhe44 View Post
    I can't find a video that shows Morris fired first. He did, however, admit that he fired first in an interview with the KSP within 9 days of the event.. The KSP stated that Turley was not at fault. Perhaps, if there is a video, Morris admitted to firing first if he thought the video showed that he did, or perhaps he is just being honest.

The only person I see that is totally in the wrong is the DA who pushed this, and the people who sat on the GJ who failed to depose Turley and get his side of what happened. I have found that GJs are too quick to just accept whatever the DA is pushing.

However I don't see where the KSP failed in their investigation, they basically exonerated Turley. It seems you are asking for LE to convict Morris without a trial, which only makes you seem unreasonably anti-LE. I believe people in this case should focus on the actions of the DA responsible for the charges, based on the information provided here.

You did this in the case of Amber Guyger by claiming the Texas Rangers would fail to find her guilty in their investigation and that she would walk. That did not happen. She is facing a murder trial.

Of course LE is going to close ranks when stuff like this happens, each of them can put theirselves in situations of---"that could have been me". Often though these corrupt or inept LE officers are caught and held to account. I am all for raising awareness when this happens and trying to get rid of those in LE who abuse their power. However I believe this action should be based on evidence and not on hearsay and personal feelings.
    Amber ain't been convicted yet. Probably won't be.

As to this case by KY statute a GJ should never have even seen the case unless it was to judge Morris.

The ONLY reason this was not a open and shut SD shooting is that a cop opened fire on a homeowner, in his backyard, with no legal standing at all. Period.

That is what gripes me about the case.

KSP investigates , showing Morris ,by statute, at fault.
    However the KSP spokesperson goes public long ago saying BOTH had the right to fire. Which Morris obviously dustbin this state.

The official report conviently doesn't get released until only Turley was indited , which be should never legally have been.

Screw cops closing ranks when they are covering a incompetent cops actions.

Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    LE should close ranks and support their own...few others are going to support them. We live in a country where, increasingly, the general public is a bunch of scoff laws and, yes, there is a war on cops.
    So, yeah, until there is real proof that an LEO has broken the law or committed some really serious breach of protocol, he/she should be given the benefit of the doubt.
    But, stupidly, the State's and many others' answer is, "Oh, let's put more restrictions on the police." When I was working, we had a couple of hostage situations (neither of which I was involved in)
    where, in one case, a sniper and, in the other, an agent in the room with the situation, fired without being given the go ahead by a supervisor or an on scene commander. The shooter explained that
    it looked like to him that the subject was about to kill the hostage (s). Although an agent does have some discretion, they still tried to crucify these guys. Eventually, after upsetting their lives for months, the charges were dismissed by the Fed prosecutor. This all seemed so unnecessary to me. My personal opinion is that, if you are the kind of deranged moron who will hold hostages and threaten to kill them, you ought to be shot on the spot. (If I had made that statement while I was working I probably would have been disciplined or fired.)

Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    294 Post(s)
    DUCK!!!

Rep Level: PDF Militia
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    869 Post(s)
    Amber ain't been convicted yet. Probably won't be.

As to this case by KY statute a GJ should never have even seen the case unless it was to judge Morris.

The ONLY reason this was not a open and shut SD shooting is that a cop opened fire on a homeowner, in his backyard, with no legal standing at all. Period.

That is what gripes me about the case.

KSP investigates , showing Morris ,by statute, at fault.
    However the KSP spokesperson goes public long ago saying BOTH had the right to fire. Which Morris obviously dustbin this state.

The official report conviently doesn't get released until only Turley was indited , which be should never legally have been.

Screw cops closing ranks when they are covering a incompetent cops actions.
    So if the people fail to convict Guyger it will be LE fault for not hanging her at the time of the shooting, or perhaps the Texas Rangers for not executing her instead of finding cause to indict, or will we blame the people on the jury? I can probably guess your answer.

There are a lot of cases where LE malfeasance is more obvious than this one, some in your backyard. How about the Sheriff in the Billy Joe Miles rape case which shows a lot more corruption than that of a cop who panicked and shot when he shouldn't have. I am for prosecuting cases where there is evidence that will lead a jury to convict a LE officer of criminal intent, but punishment for bad/panicky judgement in dangerous situations should be left to the civil courts in my opinion, unless of course they prove intent to cause harm with no underlying reasons for that action.

This cop might deserve criminal charges, but the articles that I have read about it (I believe it is 12 of them) don't support that. He could be fired for incompetence, but I will leave that up to his supervisors and not rely on hearsay. If the victim gets a judgement good for him he probably deserves it.
    “Civil Wars happen when the victimized are armed. Genocide happens when they are not.”
    ― A.E. Samaan

Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    985 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMcPhe44 View Post
    So if the people fail to convict Guyger it will be LE fault for not hanging her at the time of the shooting, or perhaps the Texas Rangers for not executing her instead of finding cause to indict, or will we blame the people on the jury? I can probably guess your answer.

There are a lot of cases where LE malfeasance is more obvious than this one, some in your backyard. How about the Sheriff in the Billy Joe Miles rape case which shows a lot more corruption than that of a cop who panicked and shot when he shouldn't have. I am for prosecuting cases where there is evidence that will lead a jury to convict a LE officer of criminal intent, but punishment for bad/panicky judgement in dangerous situations should be left to the civil courts in my opinion, unless of course they prove intent to cause harm with no underlying reasons for that action.

This cop might deserve criminal charges, but the articles that I have read about it (I believe it is 12 of them) don't support that. He could be fired for incompetence, but I will leave that up to his supervisors and not rely on hearsay. If the victim gets a judgement good for him he probably deserves it.
    In this state anyone doing what Morris did, that ISNT a cop would have gotten wanton endangerment charges at minimum.

There was no reason for Morris to panic and if hes that much of a wuss he needs, another job.

That said, I don't care if all they do is fire him, that because he's, a, danger to the public.

What you seem to be missing is that by KY law, nothing past the the KSP investigaton using common. techniques should have happened.
    No charge, no GJ, no nothing.

I'll put this real simple. Even if TURLEY knew Morris was, a, cop, he had no obligation to simply stand there and be shot having committed no crime.

A badge is not a licence to kill known innocents a d Morris admitted he knew Turley wasn't his suspect.

All that is required in KY is a reasonable belief one 's life is in danger or great bodily harm.

If being fired on for no good reason in your own backyard ain't reason to believe somebody means you serious hoits, nothing is.

What upsets me is KY statute being ignored simply because it was, a cop that was, shooting at the homeowner for no reason.

And no there is no war on cops. If there ever had been there would be no cops to be found inside of three months.

Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    985 Post(s)

It's a start.