Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 144

Thread: Felon and GCA 1968: Actress cries as she pleads guilty in college admissions scandal

  1. #31
    Asst. Administrator Rep Power: 100
    Reputation: 15254
    Rep Level: PDF Bronze Member
    ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,024
    Threads
    328
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1585 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You never met my former BIL. He and a few others weigh heavily on my opinion. He could of been the poster child for these new red flag laws
    And if truly a threat, he's very unlikely to be incapable of acquiring whatever tools he wants, on the day he wants it.

    In most any major metropolis, it's not all that difficult to find folks willing to sell tools by end of day.

    The sheer impracticality of such "red flag" laws makes them rather pointless. Folks feel better at having done something, but we delude ourselves if thinking that it truly disarmed and rendered neutered the violent folks out there. Above and beyond the (at least IMO) unconstitutionality of such pre-accusation, pre-trial, pre-defense, pre-conviction methods of stripping.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

  2. #32
    Senior Member Rep Power: 10
    Reputation: 5389
    Rep Level: PDF American
    GRCarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2016
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    3,143
    Threads
    52
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    774 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Turned out of prison to walk on society , all rights restored.
    Anything else is not within gov constitutional authority.

    If we are to regain our RTKABA , then we must fight to regain everyones RTKABA. Not just those we want to have it.
    Often with crimes, there are additional penalties given apart from prison. There is probation, where a variety of restrictions may be applied, including restriction on where you may live or travel, at least until probation ends. Even after probation, one might be restricted in profession. Would one be in favour of a convicted pedophile being allowed to be a child counselor at a school? Why should they be restricted in their pursuit of happiness, or profession? People convicted of computer crimes may be restricted from using a computer. There are more ways of penalizing for crimes than just jail. Fines may be levied, and those exist past any prison sentence.
    TANSTAAFL - "Moon is a Harsh Mistress"
    OldVet, 30 March 2018: "But being the agreeable sort, I agree."

  3. #33
    Senior Member Rep Power: 12
    Reputation: 8975
    Rep Level: PDF Constitution Protector
    Ghost1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,264
    Threads
    79
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    979 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRCarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Often with crimes, there are additional penalties given apart from prison. There is probation, where a variety of restrictions may be applied, including restriction on where you may live or travel, at least until probation ends. Even after probation, one might be restricted in profession. Would one be in favour of a convicted pedophile being allowed to be a child counselor at a school? Why should they be restricted in their pursuit of happiness, or profession? People convicted of computer crimes may be restricted from using a computer. There are more ways of penalizing for crimes than just jail. Fines may be levied, and those exist past any prison sentence.
    All due respect , none of that pertains to the pre existing RTKABA or the 2a which protects,it.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Rep Power: 8
    Reputation: 5116
    Rep Level: PDF American
    nlyric's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,499
    Threads
    289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A short answer to an impossible-to-avoid problem:

    https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/...any-criminals/

    "The United States now has some 300,000 federal regulations, and this long spool of burdensome and complex red tape grows every year. What’s more, there are about 4,500 federal criminal statutes on the books carrying fines or prison terms for offenders."
    The reason we house almost 25% of the world's prisoners. Ever growing. Laws by their very definition, dictate what one is not free to do. An innocent people can not be controlled. Lawyers, lawmakers and tyrants have understood that concept throughout history. Despite our COTUS intent of the people being the sovereign controllers. Not the controlled. Fraid that balance has been flushed and freedom exchanged for the illusion of safety. With only 5% of the worlds population we have way too many caged people to still honestly see ourselves as the land of the FREE.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Rep Power: 5
    Reputation: 3067
    Rep Level: PDF Militia
    jmf552's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2016
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,340
    Threads
    66
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All due respect , none of that pertains to the pre existing RTKABA or the 2a which protects,it.
    Well if you get right down to it, 2A doesn't have any wording to restrict people from having guns in prison. Are your for that?

  6. #36
    Senior Member Rep Power: 12
    Reputation: 8975
    Rep Level: PDF Constitution Protector
    Ghost1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,264
    Threads
    79
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    979 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well if you get right down to it, 2A doesn't have any wording to restrict people from having guns in prison. Are your for that?
    The people vs (insert criminals name here).

    Once caught tried convicted the criminal is a prisoner of the people. Separated from the people in prison as punishment.

    However once freed in a legal manner all rights should be restored.
    If the criminal is to dangerous to release then he is to be kept seperated from and a prisioner of the people.

    All thru our history until the mid 1934 there was no such foolishness to contend with.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Rep Power: 9
    Reputation: 6325
    Rep Level: PDF American
    Arejay's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2016
    Posts
    2,853
    Threads
    163
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    683 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many people has your former BIL shot?
    Why do you want to know ?

  8. #38
    Senior Member Rep Power: 12
    Reputation: 8975
    Rep Level: PDF Constitution Protector
    Ghost1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,264
    Threads
    79
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    979 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you want to know ?
    Probably to see what level of crime excuses doing away with due process as red flag laws do.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Rep Power: 6
    Reputation: 1860
    Rep Level: PDF Green Dragon
    Siam's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,206
    Threads
    194
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1278 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you want to know ?
    Just call me curious. You put it out there. Let us know what he has done and how it would apply to Red Flag laws.

  10. #40
    Senior Member Rep Power: 5
    Reputation: 3067
    Rep Level: PDF Militia
    jmf552's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2016
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,340
    Threads
    66
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The people vs (insert criminals name here).

    Once caught tried convicted the criminal is a prisoner of the people. Separated from the people in prison as punishment.

    However once freed in a legal manner all rights should be restored.
    If the criminal is to dangerous to release then he is to be kept seperated from and a prisioner of the people.

    All thru our history until the mid 1934 there was no such foolishness to contend with.
    COTUS and the BOR don't say that. "Prisoner of the people" is not a constitutional or legal term.

    You have argued that if 2A doesn't say the RTKABA can be restricted, then any restriction in unconstitutional. You can try to have it both ways, but it doesn't work. Either the government has the power to restrict the RTKABA in some circumstances, or it doesn't.

  11. #41
    Senior Member Rep Power: 4
    Reputation: 881
    Rep Level: PDF Colonist
    Aceoky's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Posts
    577
    Threads
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    People really NEED to understand that freedom is not "safe" in and of itself, you must take responsibility for your actions and understand real risks are out there, NO amount of laws can change this, it's simply a matter of do you Really want to be free and live under the illusion of "safety" due to stupid laws that do not work...

  12. #42
    Senior Member Rep Power: 4
    Reputation: 881
    Rep Level: PDF Colonist
    Aceoky's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Posts
    577
    Threads
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    COTUS and the BOR don't say that. "Prisoner of the people" is not a constitutional or legal term.

    You have argued that if 2A doesn't say the RTKABA can be restricted, then any restriction in unconstitutional. You can try to have it both ways, but it doesn't work. Either the government has the power to restrict the RTKABA in some circumstances, or it doesn't.
    I think free man(or woman) stands for itself, obviously one locked up is not free; once they're not longer locked up they should have all the same rights as any free person has; they paid their sentence as handed down and once let out in the public they're again free . It is a non starter to try to argue that folks locked up could possibly retain the rights of a free man/woman. It's actually absurd , almost as absurd as thinking "laws on the books" will keep folks from having guns , to protect themselves etc.

    Prohibition proved some valid points that still today those who should know better choose to ignore.

  13. #43
    Senior Member Rep Power: 5
    Reputation: 3067
    Rep Level: PDF Militia
    jmf552's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2016
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,340
    Threads
    66
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think free man(or woman) stands for itself, obviously one locked up is not free; once they're not longer locked up they should have all the same rights as any free person has; they paid their sentence as handed down and once let out in the public they're again free . It is a non starter to try to argue that folks locked up could possibly retain the rights of a free man/woman. It's actually absurd , almost as absurd as thinking "laws on the books" will keep folks from having guns , to protect themselves etc.

    Prohibition proved some valid points that still today those who should know better choose to ignore.
    If prisoners are free to vote, which they are in some states, which is not prohibited by COTUS or the BOR, I would say they are "free" except for freedom of movement. And what about people under house imprisonment, with an ankle bracelet, or in a halfway house? What about people in minimum security "Club Fed" facilities who can work outside, but have to come back in the evening?

    Please support your ideas from COTUS and the BOR, because that is the discussion. Does the government have the authority to draw a line or not?

  14. #44
    Senior Member Rep Power: 9
    Reputation: 6325
    Rep Level: PDF American
    Arejay's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2016
    Posts
    2,853
    Threads
    163
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    683 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just call me curious. You put it out there. Let us know what he has done and how it would apply to Red Flag laws.
    No.
    Supporters of red flag laws have explained themselves and I'm not a spokes person for them. I am not a supporter of red flag laws and how they bypass due process. All I will say is he was a ticking time bomb and abused his rtkaba. This was long before red flag laws. As far as what he was actually doing feel free to use your imagination but I don't recommend you do that. It doesn't sound like there is any dark, evil, depravity that would deny a person their rtkaba that would be .recognized in this thread.

  15. #45
    Senior Member Rep Power: 12
    Reputation: 8975
    Rep Level: PDF Constitution Protector
    Ghost1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,264
    Threads
    79
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    979 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    COTUS and the BOR don't say that. "Prisoner of the people" is not a constitutional or legal term.

    You have argued that if 2A doesn't say the RTKABA can be restricted, then any restriction in unconstitutional. You can try to have it both ways, but it doesn't work. Either the government has the power to restrict the RTKABA in some circumstances, or it doesn't.
    I've explained it.

    Your argument is simply argument for arguments sake.

    A person seperated from society forcibly after due process has a sentence to serve during which he only has the rights while incarcerated the COTUS gusrantees. No cruel unusual punishment.

    He is a prisioner of the people with the COTUD specifying the prisoners rights.

    Once free constitutionally he should regain ALL rightd.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •