Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Fairness Logic

  1. #1
    Senior Member Rep Power: 20
    Reputation: 22427
    Rep Level: PDF Silver Member
    SatCong's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    9,565
    Threads
    465
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    950 Post(s)

    Fairness Logic

    If your parents break the law to get you into college:
    You should be expelled from school, they should be indicted, charged and convicted of a felony and may serve some time in jail.



    HOWEVER,
    If your parents break the law to get you into this country:
    You should be given a FREE education, healthcare on the American taxpayers dime and EVERYONE should be given AMNESTY.

    of course...



  2. #2
    Asst. Administrator Rep Power: 100
    Reputation: 7183
    Rep Level: PDF American
    DogWalksWithMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    5,708
    Threads
    365
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    960 Post(s)
    Was that six words in a row or just a six letter word?
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Rep Power: 2
    Reputation: 285
    Rep Level: PDF Range Master

    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2017
    Posts
    198
    Threads
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DogWalksWithMe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was that six words in a row or just a six letter word?
    Yes


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Senior Member Rep Power: 20
    Reputation: 22427
    Rep Level: PDF Silver Member
    SatCong's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    9,565
    Threads
    465
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    950 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by DogWalksWithMe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was that six words in a row or just a six letter word?
    Six words in a row. And I don't you want me to post them. Now is the time to kick back with a beer.

  5. #5
    Asst. Administrator Rep Power: 100
    Reputation: 7183
    Rep Level: PDF American
    DogWalksWithMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    5,708
    Threads
    365
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    960 Post(s)
    I rarely drink beer, but did kick back with some tequila.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Rep Power: 6
    Reputation: 3006
    Rep Level: PDF Militia
    elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2016
    Posts
    1,961
    Threads
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    427 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DogWalksWithMe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I rarely drink beer, but did kick back with some tequila.
    Ah! now I understand!

  7. #7
    Moderator of the Universe Rep Power: 20
    Reputation: 23837
    Rep Level: PDF Silver Member
    jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    In Wild and Wonderful
    Posts
    9,749
    Threads
    387
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2197 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If your parents break the law to get you into college:
    You should be expelled from school, they should be indicted, charged and convicted of a felony and may serve some time in jail.



    HOWEVER,
    If your parents break the law to get you into this country:
    You should be given a FREE education, healthcare on the American taxpayers dime and EVERYONE should be given AMNESTY.

    of course...



    Yeah, so much for "white privilege".

    As much as I can't stand Hollywood and Liberals that populate it, how is what they did really any different than college's turning a blind eye to academics when it comes to recruiting star football players? I know there are some very smart ones, but most of them couldn't get the required SAT scores to get into a Community College.

    Also, everyone knows that if you are wealthy enough to give an endowment to a University, your kid WILL be admitted, no matter what.

    I think all the public outrage over what these cheaters did is a little disingenuous. (NOT addressing this to you, SatCong, just a general observation).

  8. #8
    Senior Member Rep Power: 6
    Reputation: 1869
    Rep Level: PDF Green Dragon
    Siam's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,216
    Threads
    194
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1284 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If your parents break the law to get you into college:
    You should be expelled from school, they should be indicted, charged and convicted of a felony and may serve some time in jail.



    HOWEVER,
    If your parents break the law to get you into this country:
    You should be given a FREE education, healthcare on the American taxpayers dime and EVERYONE should be given AMNESTY.

    of course...


    I disagree with some of that.
    Children should not be punished for the acts of the parents. The parents need to be prosecuted.

    If the kid got into Stanford, regardless of the parental misdeeds, I think they should be allowed to stay as long as they meet the requirements. The parents need to be sent to jail and severly punished to send a message that it is not OK and that THEY will suffer.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Rep Power: 6
    Reputation: 3006
    Rep Level: PDF Militia
    elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2016
    Posts
    1,961
    Threads
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    427 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree with some of that.
    Children should not be punished for the acts of the parents. The parents need to be prosecuted.

    If the kid got into Stanford, regardless of the parental misdeeds, I think they should be allowed to stay as long as they meet the requirements. The parents need to be sent to jail and severly punished to send a message that it is not OK and that THEY will suffer.
    I agree, right after the border gets zipped up and the illegals get deported.
    First things First.

  10. #10
    Asst. Administrator Rep Power: 100
    Reputation: 7183
    Rep Level: PDF American
    DogWalksWithMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    5,708
    Threads
    365
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    960 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Children should not be punished for the acts of the parents. The parents need to be prosecuted.

    If the kid got into Stanford, regardless of the parental misdeeds, I think they should be allowed to stay as long as they meet the requirements. The parents need to be sent to jail and severly punished to send a message that it is not OK and that THEY will suffer.
    What if they took part in the scam, staging the rowing photos, knowing someone else get them a better score on the SATs?

    Agree if the kids did not have a clue.

    Not sure how to decide if the kids knew, but remained silent as the parents (like for many years before) continued to usher them into the future.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Rep Power: 6
    Reputation: 1869
    Rep Level: PDF Green Dragon
    Siam's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,216
    Threads
    194
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1284 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DogWalksWithMe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What if they took part in the scam, staging the rowing photos, knowing someone else get them a better score on the SATs?

    Agree if the kids did not have a clue.

    Not sure how to decide if the kids knew, but remained silent as the parents (like for many years before) continued to usher them into the future.
    Of course, if they knew or were aware of fraud they should be booted on their little rich behinds.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Rep Power: 20
    Reputation: 22427
    Rep Level: PDF Silver Member
    SatCong's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    9,565
    Threads
    465
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    950 Post(s)

    What about the kids that did it right? But didn't get in because some other parents of a kid cheated to get in. Leaves the hard working kid out in the cold. Not Right!

  13. #13
    Senior Member Rep Power: 8
    Reputation: 4878
    Rep Level: PDF Militia
    BMcPhe44's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2016
    Location
    Oilfields of West Texas
    Posts
    2,626
    Threads
    66
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    869 Post(s)
    They are not kids no better time to teach them about responsibility. Those who suppor and assist their family in harming others deserve punishment, if they are adults.
    “Civil Wars happen when the victimized are armed. Genocide happens when they are not.”
    ― A.E. Samaan

  14. #14
    Senior Member Rep Power: 5
    Reputation: 1610
    Rep Level: PDF Green Dragon
    nedrgr21's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Posts
    1,211
    Threads
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    just heard a story about ACT/SAT company thinking about weighting scores according to parents' income, zipcode, etc. More socialist bull excrement.

  15. #15
    Asst. Administrator Rep Power: 100
    Reputation: 15284
    Rep Level: PDF Bronze Member
    ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,047
    Threads
    329
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1595 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BMcPhe44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They are not kids no better time to teach them about responsibility. Those who suppor and assist their family in harming others deserve punishment, if they are adults.
    ^ This.

    If the adults engaged in bribery and whatnot, hold them accountable for that.

    If the children/students derived benefit at the expense of others, hold them accountable for that.

    Treat it like, oh, winning a lottery based on a fraud, even if you weren't full party to the initial fraud. I can't imagine any state glossing over the fact that the original $100M lottery numbers were forged inside the system to allow Johnny's ticket to come up the winner. Even though Johnny might not have known or participated in the falsifying of those numbers, he's the recipient/beneficiary of that fraud, and the people he deprived of winnings also lost out. Yank the $100M and send Johnny packing.

    IMO, the same should be true of this fraudulent school admissions stuff. Little Jade-ster doesn't care about school? Well, that plus the fraud plus her participation in the photos/bio ought to be good enough.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •