Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1786 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He lies. The squirrels where in great peril.
    Only if you dumped your barrels in the back yard, like what happened to the Barton 1792 warehouse collapse. And I can't imagine you'd allow that to happen with Stash de OldVet.

Of course, had the barrel stash been threatened, I'm sure there'd have been some drawing to prevent it. As in, when the squirrels massed for the final assault, it'd have an "Over your dead body!" moment. OldVet/Hammer, 1. Squirrels, nil. Just from the mere threat of what was in store for the little buggers, for daring to touch the stash.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Member Rep Power: 0
    Rep Level: New PDF Member

Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    If he is close enough to actually attack me with the bat, the first priority is going to be to either create distance or go for the bat myself. Drawing a gun is no guarantee that he is going to stop the attack and even if you were able to get a shot off, the effect may not be instantaneous. Television has corrupted any realism regarding gunfights, associated injuries and the human response to trauma in general. If I can create space and he commits to closing the distance as if poised to attack, I am going for my gun. If I cannot readily get away from him, I would probably attempt to physically relieve him of the bat. If things are not working out, I can always go to ground and draw.

Senior Member Rep Power: 4
    Rep Level: PDF Militia
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    Hammer, this is why we carry, period. There are dangerous and deadly people out there lurking around looking for a victim. They don't care, they place no value on human life except theirs. Many of them are convinced they are "victims" of oppression, racism, blah, blah, blah because they've been fed a steady diet of it by the Liberals and those cretins prey upon the hopelessness of folks to get we armed individuals to shoot one of them in a self defense situation that will most likely get twisted around the opposite way.

In my soon to be 63 years old (Sep. 11th) I have had to draw only once. Shortened version of the story was a couple of years ago, a drug crazed maniac was in the middle of our busy avenue in front of my house, threatening people in cars and trucks who stopped to avoid running over him. He got dragged multiple yards down the avenue while holding on to the mirror of a truck he'd stopped.

He finally let go and I was standing on my front porch watching the commotion, with my Taurus 9mm in my jacket pocket, just in case he decided to come over to my home for a fight. I went to where he was lying in the avenue, at the corner of the street just above my house. Just as I got there, a car came up with a lady at the side street stop sign and this Choir Boy got up and went to her passenger side window and was pounding on it and cursing. I told the lady to drive on, this moron was crazy and she bolted away, leaving Mr. Choir Boy standing there in the street.

He looked at me with some bad intent in his eyes, doubled his fists and took a couple of steps towards me. I told him to stop and that I had called Police for some help, but he took a couple more steps. That is when I pulled out my pistol, and held it towards the ground, not directly at him. I gave him my serious, "take one more step towards me and I'm popping you center mass" look. His eyes widened and he stopped, threw up his hands in a surrender mode and then staggered down the side street and finally collapsed in the gutter.

After a 45+ minute wait, the cops finally arrived with an ambulance. Mr. Choir Boy fought them like a tiger when he saw the ambulance and paramedics. Needless to say, the cops "subdued" him in a most efficient fashion. One of the cops came over to me and asked if I "was the guy with the gun." I told him most matter of fact, that yes, I am and that I lived just one house up, have a carry permit and that this is my neighbourhood. He told me to keep the weapon in my jacket pocket. I told him that I knew how to handle a firearm and that I'm not stupid enough to go waving it about unless needed. He never said anything more.

Your situation, with a baseball bat wielding thug, could have been a similar situation. Once the Louisville Slugger came into play, all bets were off of you not drawing and placing some high capacity rounds in some vital organs of said thug. Yet, upon seeing your weapon, he had an epiphany of not bringing a piece of lumber to a gun fight. His decision most likely saved his miserable life, but there are serious doubts as to what he learned. Did he learn that not all people are "unarmed?" Probably not and his next victim might end his baseball career in a few seconds.

It is good that you did not have to draw and shoot, but you have the training and situational awareness to know when the time is right to do that. Most gun hating Liberals feel that we just want to whoop out the hand cannon and blast away because that is what we live for. They have no idea why we do what we do unless they are put into a situation just like yours. It is only then they can see the value of carrying a firearm.

Senior Member Rep Power: 20
    Rep Level: PDF Bronze Member
    Threads
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1078 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hammer, this is why we carry, period. There are dangerous and deadly people out there lurking around looking for a victim. They don't care, they place no value on human life except theirs. Many of them are convinced they are "victims" of oppression, racism, blah, blah, blah because they've been fed a steady diet of it by the Liberals and those cretins prey upon the hopelessness of folks to get we armed individuals to shoot one of them in a self defense situation that will most likely get twisted around the opposite way.

In my soon to be 63 years old (Sep. 11th) I have had to draw only once. Shortened version of the story was a couple of years ago, a drug crazed maniac was in the middle of our busy avenue in front of my house, threatening people in cars and trucks who stopped to avoid running over him. He got dragged multiple yards down the avenue while holding on to the mirror of a truck he'd stopped.

He finally let go and I was standing on my front porch watching the commotion, with my Taurus 9mm in my jacket pocket, just in case he decided to come over to my home for a fight. I went to where he was lying in the avenue, at the corner of the street just above my house. Just as I got there, a car came up with a lady at the side street stop sign and this Choir Boy got up and went to her passenger side window and was pounding on it and cursing. I told the lady to drive on, this moron was crazy and she bolted away, leaving Mr. Choir Boy standing there in the street.

He looked at me with some bad intent in his eyes, doubled his fists and took a couple of steps towards me. I told him to stop and that I had called Police for some help, but he took a couple more steps. That is when I pulled out my pistol, and held it towards the ground, not directly at him. I gave him my serious, "take one more step towards me and I'm popping you center mass" look. His eyes widened and he stopped, threw up his hands in a surrender mode and then staggered down the side street and finally collapsed in the gutter.

After a 45+ minute wait, the cops finally arrived with an ambulance. Mr. Choir Boy fought them like a tiger when he saw the ambulance and paramedics. Needless to say, the cops "subdued" him in a most efficient fashion. One of the cops came over to me and asked if I "was the guy with the gun." I told him most matter of fact, that yes, I am and that I lived just one house up, have a carry permit and that this is my neighbourhood. He told me to keep the weapon in my jacket pocket. I told him that I knew how to handle a firearm and that I'm not stupid enough to go waving it about unless needed. He never said anything more.

Your situation, with a baseball bat wielding thug, could have been a similar situation. Once the Louisville Slugger came into play, all bets were off of you not drawing and placing some high capacity rounds in some vital organs of said thug. Yet, upon seeing your weapon, he had an epiphany of not bringing a piece of lumber to a gun fight. His decision most likely saved his miserable life, but there are serious doubts as to what he learned. Did he learn that not all people are "unarmed?" Probably not and his next victim might end his baseball career in a few seconds.

It is good that you did not have to draw and shoot, but you have the training and situational awareness to know when the time is right to do that. Most gun hating Liberals feel that we just want to whoop out the hand cannon and blast away because that is what we live for. They have no idea why we do what we do unless they are put into a situation just like yours. It is only then they can see the value of carrying a firearm.
    You Definitely are spot on My Friend,,, also,, these libMowrons have no clue,,, They portray us as blood thirsty little pickle insecure idiots,, Fact is,,, I am one of the most polite, respectful suckas one will ever meet,,, last thing and I do mean LAST THING I ever want to do is fight nevertheless draw my firearm,,, Life Means something special to me and God is in my Heart,, I will not take Life unless it is my absolute LAST option,,, I will let someone abuse me and walk away,,, don't care if I'm thought of as a coward,, I'm done proving myself,, got me nothing left to prove,, I ask,, Just leave me be and let me and my family live,,, I crave peace in life,, no more violence....