Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 114

Thread: The rising tide of violent behavior towards Conservatives

  1. #91
    Senior Member Rep Power: 7
    Reputation: 3057
    Rep Level: PDF Militia
    elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2016
    Posts
    1,995
    Threads
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    439 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRCarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember from my business law class that the "reasonable man" changes with every jury or judge, even in the same district. What is applauded one day may send someone to prison the next.
    Reasonable man can mean anything those in power want it to mean, remember "Common Sense"?

  2. #92
    Senior Member Rep Power: 5
    Reputation: 3146
    Rep Level: PDF Militia
    Gman's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2016
    Posts
    757
    Threads
    32
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    I firmly believe in the force continuum, which is for whatever level force is directed at me, I respond with a higher level.

    This clip is not exactly on topic, but it is relevant in the sense that it describes how I have operated in these situations my entire life.
    https://youtu.be/xPZ6eaL3S2E

  3. #93
    Senior Member Rep Power: 11
    Reputation: 5639
    Rep Level: PDF American
    GRCarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2016
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    3,308
    Threads
    54
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    833 Post(s)
    One of these times, they'll forget how things were in the LA riots and try this with a Korean store. It's not against conservatives, but it reveals the general trend of lawlessness and violence. (Some of the teens threw things at the employees.)
    https://www.kron4.com/news/national/...re-in-robbery/
    TANSTAAFL - "Moon is a Harsh Mistress"

  4. #94
    Asst. Administrator Rep Power: 100
    Reputation: 15746
    Rep Level: PDF Bronze Member
    ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,316
    Threads
    341
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1675 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So who defines what the "reasonable man" would do?

    I would imagine that I would have a different idea of reasonable than some anti-gun whiny lib.
    Yup.

    Which is why it's so vitally important to clearly and forcefully declare there's a presumption of innocence and that unless it clearly couldn't have been then it's going to be taken as self-defense. Without that part, the "reasonable man" stuff can be abused to within an inch of our lives, holding us hostage and "chilling" the very nature of the right to defend ourselves and others.

    Sadly, very few states in the USA have it declared like that ... or even near to that.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

  5. #95
    Senior Member Rep Power: 8
    Reputation: 4112
    Rep Level: PDF Militia
    ctr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley
    Posts
    2,189
    Threads
    102
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup.

    Which is why it's so vitally important to clearly and forcefully declare there's a presumption of innocence and that unless it clearly couldn't have been then it's going to be taken as self-defense. Without that part, the "reasonable man" stuff can be abused to within an inch of our lives, holding us hostage and "chilling" the very nature of the right to defend ourselves and others.

    Sadly, very few states in the USA have it declared like that ... or even near to that.
    Mostly no amount of writing can compensate for the moral deficiency. History has proven time and again force is required to subdue those who would lord over others.

  6. #96
    Asst. Administrator Rep Power: 100
    Reputation: 15746
    Rep Level: PDF Bronze Member
    ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,316
    Threads
    341
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1675 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mostly no amount of writing can compensate for the moral deficiency. History has proven time and again force is required to subdue those who would lord over others.
    What I meant was: the writing, along with the force of law and mechanism of accountability backing that up.

    Like the three branches of the federal government. Can't be a fourth; can't fold two of them into one another. There are three. And anyone attempting to alter it gets dealt with.

    Of course, the absolute statement of the BOR's prohibitions is like that, too. Just not considered with the same moral certitude. As you say, with an inherent moral deficiency, it can get dicey.

    We're on an ugly path, these days, as a culture. It's gonna end badly, unless something changes.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

  7. #97
    Senior Member Rep Power: 8
    Reputation: 4112
    Rep Level: PDF Militia
    ctr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley
    Posts
    2,189
    Threads
    102
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What I meant was: the writing, along with the force of law and mechanism of accountability backing that up.

    Like the three branches of the federal government. Can't be a fourth; can't fold two of them into one another. There are three. And anyone attempting to alter it gets dealt with.

    Of course, the absolute statement of the BOR's prohibitions is like that, too. Just not considered with the same moral certitude. As you say, with an inherent moral deficiency, it can get dicey.

    We're on an ugly path, these days, as a culture. It's gonna end badly, unless something changes.
    I agree completely. There are but three foreseeable outcomes. Americans pull back from the brink and start working together to restore the rule of law, fundamental American values, and upright moral behavior. Americans fight a civil war where one ideology completely destroys the other. A foreign nation cleans our clock.

    All but one end in ruin.

  8. #98
    Senior Member Rep Power: 10
    Reputation: 6458
    Rep Level: PDF American
    Arejay's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2016
    Posts
    2,933
    Threads
    164
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree completely. There are but three foreseeable outcomes. Americans pull back from the brink and start working together to restore the rule of law, fundamental American values, and upright moral behavior. Americans fight a civil war where one ideology completely destroys the other. A foreign nation cleans our clock.

    All but one end in ruin.
    I believe you missed a fourth option. 4th option America does nothing but argue as it always has since the early 19th century and continues it's slide away from the Constitution and founding principles.

  9. #99
    Senior Member Rep Power: 8
    Reputation: 4112
    Rep Level: PDF Militia
    ctr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley
    Posts
    2,189
    Threads
    102
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe you missed a fourth option. 4th option America does nothing but argue as it always has since the early 19th century and continues it's slide away from the Constitution and founding principles.
    I don't see that as a plausible option with the current leadership and the liberal progressive brainwashed masses who no longer identify as American because they were falsely taught American is the cause of all the world problems thereby rejecting American ideals.

  10. #100
    Senior Member Rep Power: 10
    Reputation: 6458
    Rep Level: PDF American
    Arejay's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2016
    Posts
    2,933
    Threads
    164
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)
    You've made a good point.
    I don't see that as a plausible option with the current leadership
    Why just yesterday a left leaning "journalist" after a White House press conference offered to take it outside with another journalist after responding to the "journalist" with TDR heckling them.
    Yes we sure seem to be crumbling apart.

  11. #101
    Senior Member Rep Power: 8
    Reputation: 4112
    Rep Level: PDF Militia
    ctr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley
    Posts
    2,189
    Threads
    102
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You've made a good point. Why just yesterday a left leaning "journalist" after a White House press conference offered to take it outside with another journalist after responding to the "journalist" with TDR heckling them.
    Yes we sure seem to be crumbling apart.
    Society is breaking down. The common fabric that held Americans together was always values. Sure, there were fringes on either end but the vast majority shared the same goals and ideals. That most definitely is not true today. Look to the history of the Roman Empire and most will see where America is headed.

  12. #102
    Senior Member Rep Power: 10
    Reputation: 6458
    Rep Level: PDF American
    Arejay's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2016
    Posts
    2,933
    Threads
    164
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)

  13. #103
    Senior Member Rep Power: 10
    Reputation: 6458
    Rep Level: PDF American
    Arejay's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2016
    Posts
    2,933
    Threads
    164
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)
    oops. Now Iv'e done it.

  14. #104
    Senior Member Rep Power: 8
    Reputation: 4112
    Rep Level: PDF Militia
    ctr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2016
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley
    Posts
    2,189
    Threads
    102
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you have against clowns?

  15. #105
    Senior Member Rep Power: 10
    Reputation: 6458
    Rep Level: PDF American
    Arejay's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2016
    Posts
    2,933
    Threads
    164
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)
    They're scary

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •