Love Love:  0

Thread: How do YOU load your .22 magazines?

Unrepentant chocoholic Rep Power: 100
    Rep Level: PDF Constitution Protector
    Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    848 Post(s)

How do YOU load your .22 magazines?

I have plastic push-down loaders for my .22 magazines. That is, until last week I had one for my Ruger Mark IV and one for my S&W M&P .22 compact magazines. Nowhere on the internet could I find one for my Browning 1911-22 magazines and they are the most 'finger-hurting' of any of them. THEN I found one on line store on EBay that makes one. The price is 3 to 4 times what I paid for the others, but it literally is the only place I could find a push-down loader for those Browning magazines!

So I ordered one. Three days later it arrived. IT WORKS!!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Browning-1....k/323649105098

To repeat: It works!

This is a one woman company and she does great work, even if the price was high! She also makes canvas tote bags, leather holsters and lots of other things. This is the only thing I have purchased from her, at least so far. She is not a relation and not even a personal acquaintance, but I do think her products are worth looking at.
    Click here to find out how you can help a fellow PDF member
    https://www.personaldefenseforum.net...my-dear-friend

Asst. Administrator Rep Power: 100
    Rep Level: PDF American
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1042 Post(s)
    I can pull down on the 22 magazine side buttons with no problem, but I can also rack a Beretta 9mm 92fs without a problem. I see lots of folks struggling to rack "that beast."

But I do love my Maglula loader when competing! Topping off 5 mags 8 times in one day does leave the thumb hurting.

For tools like the one you just got, that is one of the items I have planned for on-demand production when I get a 3D printer. Glad you found something to make shooting easier for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    848 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DogWalksWithMe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can pull down on the 22 magazine side buttons with no problem, but I can also rack a Beretta 9mm 92fs without a problem. I see lots of folks struggling to rack "that beast."

But I do love my Maglula loader when competing! Topping off 5 mags 8 times in one day does leave the thumb hurting.

For tools like the one you just got, that is one of the items I have planned for on-demand production when I get a 3D printer. Glad you found something to make shooting easier for you.
    I can pull down on the side buttons of my other magazines but the plastic loaders make it a lot easier. On the Browning magazines it gets really brutal because the side buttons are SO flat.

I WISH you had that 3D printer and could have made me the one like I got with the exactly shaped cutout! Not sure how those work, but do you have to first have one to copy?

I had no idea that every brand of magazine is so different from every other brand - especially the .22's! I love my Maglula loaders also - and they are so handy that even big tough Gramps got one for himself. However you can't use a loader with anything that pushed down on the cartridge itself for .22 (they do make them) because any pressure dents the cartridge and that is definitely not good.

Senior Member Rep Power: 7
    Rep Level: PDF Militia

Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    347 Post(s)
    For the Ruger MkIII I use one of the two thumb types. There are several brands. For .22 mags for a .22 AR conversion I use the one from Black Dog.

John W in SC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6685.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	23635
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8686.jpg  

Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    848 Post(s)

John W: I have one of those push down like in your first picture but it put deep dents in the cartridges!

For My Ruger Mark IV I have a plastic one with the oblong hole in the middle. It was $5. I have one by Maker Shot for my S&W .22 compact magazines that was $7.5 each or 2 for $10.50. Ordered two - one for me and one for a most grateful friend.

It was that Browning which did not have anything available that would fit the specific way it is shaped - except the one on EBay. I'm glad to have it now even at the price.
    Last edited by ShooterGranny; July 10th, 2019 at 12:59 PM.

Senior Member Rep Power: 6
    Rep Level: PDF Green Dragon
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    132 Post(s)
    How do YOU load your .22 magazines?