Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2366 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DogWalksWithMe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you are all nominating people who have already hired private armed security. None of the proposed Red Flag laws would disarm the hired help of a barred individual. Hmm?
    Crazy people out-sourcing their protection? Well, that's not fair.

Senior Member Rep Power: 20
    Rep Level: PDF Bronze Member
    Threads
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1056 Post(s)
    I dunno about red flaggin da bum,,, but I may Agee with a nice open handed slap to da face.
    Not because of his rant but more because heís a jackass,,, my apologies to all jackasses for the comparison,, to be fair,, the bum was out with his family and this jerk was out of line,,, if I happen to see him alone,, I may let him know what I think of him and Fredo might be mild,,, but even as much as I donít respect or like da bum,,, I do have enough self respect than to trash a Man in front of his child as was done here,,, to be clear,,, I canít stand the Coumos and hate what they stand for but I in this case,,, I will not be disrespected and I will surly not be disrespected in front of my family.
    The phrase, do unto others as you would want done to you comes to mind...

Curmudgeon Rep Power: 20
    Rep Level: PDF Gold Member
    Threads
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2362 Post(s)
    I bet if he found himself lying at the bottom of those same stairs and looking up, he'd have a quick change of attitude. It sure worked on a certain Yellow Rope at Chanute AFB!
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Asst. Administrator Rep Power: 100
    Rep Level: PDF Bronze Member
    Threads
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1755 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nlyric View Post
    POTUS agrees with you. He posted this.

"Would Chris Cuomo be given a Red Flag for his recent rant? Filthy language and a total loss of control. He shouldnít be allowed to have any weapon. Heís nuts!"
    POTUS has zero sense of the constitutional rule of law, of course. So, it wouldn't surprise me that he'd publish a statement like that.

Sadly, hired staff dictating who shall and shall not be authorized to exercise their liberties, even ostensibly protected ones, comes off as tyrannical to me.

They have no such say. They have no such authority.

Yet, here we are. With a major percentage of people, it seems, screaming to have "Minority Report" mechanisms crafted to circumvent the constitutionally-required standards of due process.

We're about to take a giant leap backward, from the BOR. I wish the hirelings in the legislatures and executive departments across the country would pull their thumbs out of their orifices, take a deep breath, create a public-discussion period during which people can voice their formal support or opposition for such things. Would be nice to evaluate the circumvention of BOR question. Would be nice to evaluate the claim that existing laws and procedures fail to accommodate manifest material and imminent threats witnessed by people. Would be nice to find some mechanisms by which the BOR can be fully and plainly supported, whichever new legislative steps are considered.

Spoof or not, far too many people nation-wide think this way. Or, rather, they think that abridging the BOR's protections and tossing it into the ashcan makes sense on any level.

Of course, the spoof brings up major questions I've got, regarding people's less-than-constitutional-grade accusations they can level against a person: What prevents people from making utterly false and damaging accusations; and what ensures a person's conviction precedes any stripping of liberty and/or property?

I wish folks would consider such things. But I suspect there's little desire or ability in the average person, these days.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Senior Member Rep Power: 10
    Rep Level: PDF American
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    568 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    POTUS has zero sense of the constitutional rule of law, of course. So, it wouldn't surprise me that he'd publish a statement like that.

Sadly, hired staff dictating who shall and shall not be authorized to exercise their liberties, even ostensibly protected ones, comes off as tyrannical to me.

They have no such say. They have no such authority.

Yet, here we are. With a major percentage of people, it seems, screaming to have "Minority Report" mechanisms crafted to circumvent the constitutionally-required standards of due process.

We're about to take a giant leap backward, from the BOR. I wish the hirelings in the legislatures and executive departments across the country would pull their thumbs out of their orifices, take a deep breath, create a public-discussion period during which people can voice their formal support or opposition for such things. Would be nice to evaluate the circumvention of BOR question. Would be nice to evaluate the claim that existing laws and procedures fail to accommodate manifest material and imminent threats witnessed by people. Would be nice to find some mechanisms by which the BOR can be fully and plainly supported, whichever new legislative steps are considered.

Spoof or not, far too many people nation-wide think this way. Or, rather, they think that abridging the BOR's protections and tossing it into the ashcan makes sense on any level.

Of course, the spoof brings up major questions I've got, regarding people's less-than-constitutional-grade accusations they can level against a person: What prevents people from making utterly false and damaging accusations; and what ensures a person's conviction precedes any stripping of liberty and/or property?

I wish folks would consider such things. But I suspect there's little desire or ability in the average person, these days.
    In one tweet he encapsulated the threat red flag poses. I say "he's nuts"

Senior Member Rep Power: 11
    Rep Level: PDF American
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    852 Post(s)
    TANSTAAFL - "Moon is a Harsh Mistress"