Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Shield Holster ?

Hello all, it's been a while since I've been around, sorry for the long sabbatical. I have a question for all you carry experts out there. I cannot comfortably carry a S&W Shield on my hip in a IWB holster. I carry a J Frame just fine. I carry a LCP just fine, but not the Shield. Now I know both of these weigh less than the shield, but a J Frame is not that THAT much less. I have a quality kydex holster from Gear Craft and I have gun belts from Daltech and Blade Tech. It's not so much the size, it's the weight. I have to pull and tug, that's why it's stays in my trucks glove box. Now in all fairness, I have not tried a double clip type holster nor have I tried a leather holster yet. All my holsters are single clips. Just looking for a little advice.
    Thanks, Boo

Senior Member Rep Power: 6
    Rep Level: PDF Freedom Seeker

Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    142 Post(s)
    A lot of people, myself included, have had good success with Alien Gear's Cloak Tuck holster. I carried my Shield in it for quite a while and it worked very well. It spreads the load out on two different points of your belt that are not close together. And it is not a very expensive holster.

Junior Member Rep Power: 0
    Rep Level: New PDF Member

Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fallsrider View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of people, myself included, have had good success with Alien Gear's Cloak Tuck holster. I carried my Shield in it for quite a while and it worked very well. It spreads the load out on two different points of your belt that are not close together. And it is not a very expensive holster.
    Thanks Fallsrider. I have browsed their website, looks promising, but looks like it covers a lot of real estate for the size of the pistol. I'm looking at maybe a Crossbreed Minituck. It doesn't seem to cover up as much. I have a Crossbreed Mini Slide (OWB) for another gun and it is very well made and comfortable. Got it from Crossbreed Seconds for half the price and can't find why it was a second. But they don't always have exactly what you are looking for when you are looking for it, sometimes you have to wait until it comes along. I'm going to give Alien Gear another look, but still looking for other suggestions.

Boo

Senior Member Rep Power: 14
    Rep Level: PDF Constitution Protector
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1168 Post(s)
    N82. Most comfortable holster out there. The backing on one guarantees the thing won't move.
    It has a clip but could do without one.

Lifetime gurantee , pistol never touches your skin.

Personally I went with the original model for wife and I. Any pistol in the same size range can be carried securly in the original vs the pro model.

Retention on a IWB holster doesn't accomplish anything as any IWB holster is,simply going to come out if someone were to go for one's firearm.

JMO.

Junior Member Rep Power: 0
    Rep Level: New PDF Member

Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Ghost, I've been looking at N82. They look a little large and only have one clip, but everyone sings their praises for comfort. Maybe I should reconsider. I'll take another look. thanks for the advice.

CVA 59

Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Boo View Post
    Ghost, I've been looking at N82. They look a little large and only have one clip, but everyone sings their praises for comfort. Maybe I should reconsider. I'll take another look. thanks for the advice.

CVA 59
    The one clip is all they need. Actually at first the holster was designed to be clipless. The clip was added but really it could do without it.

My wife and I both carry SR9C in a N82 for years.

My wife is not a large woman and she has,no trouble concealing her pistol. They do look large but quickly form to your body and conceal very well.

Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Boo View Post

CVA 59
    The one clip is all they need. Actually at first the holster was designed to be clipless. The clip was added but really it could do without it.

My wife and I both carry SR9C in a N82 for years.

My wife is not a large woman and she has,no trouble concealing her pistol. They do look large but quickly form to your body and conceal very well.