Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    234 Post(s)

Lost A Little Weight. Needed New Gun Belt

I needed a new gun belt. My Bigfoot is at the last buckle hole and my pants and firearm are traveling SOUTH. I went a different rout. This time I ordered a Nylon Gun belt , The Foundation Belt by Langdon Tactical Technologies (Earnest Langdon's group). The nelt was very reasonable ( Under $50). It is much lighter then my Bigfoot is, but gives excellent retention for my G17. It is also designed specifically for AIWB ( My Preferred carry position). I looked at it, at first and thought this really going to support my Full Size Glock? Yes it does. The Velcro is extremity tough. It holds the Firearm in my PHLster holster perfectly.Langdon Tactical Foundation EDC Belt(a)-a.jpg Langdon Tactical Foundation EDC Belt(b)a.jpg
    I really like it and recommend it !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kennydale; September 8th, 2019 at 02:32 AM.

Unrepentant chocoholic Rep Power: 100
    Rep Level: PDF Constitution Protector
    Threads
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    951 Post(s)
    I have had a couple belts with Velcro closures. The main problem with them is that both sides of the Velcro get filled up with lint and small threads and they are a real pain to try to clean off. This process takes a while to happen, but happen it does.

OH __ Big time congratulations, @Kennydale , on your ongoing weight loss process. Keep up the good work.
    Don't just post your feelings here, please. DO SOMETHING that can make a difference.

Curmudgeon Rep Power: 20
    Rep Level: PDF Gold Member
    Threads
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2453 Post(s)
    Congrats, man. Any weight loss is a good thing. I had to order a new Amish gun belt lately, and by the time it arrived, I needed a smaller size! I'm down to the last hole already.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Senior Member Rep Power: 10
    Rep Level: PDF American
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    234 Post(s)

I am going to get serious about this ( Weight Loss) I am getting a referral from my PCP. To have Teleconferencing with a Dietitian. I understand this is covered by my insurance as Preventative Medicine. I hope to change some of my eating habits.

Senior Member Rep Power: 6
    Rep Level: PDF Green Dragon
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)
    Keep it up! Velcro is a good choice for ur new journey

Rep Level: PDF Freedom Seeker

Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)
    Pants and gun sliding south is a good problem to have. I don't mind buying new clothes and accessories going in the direction you are. It's going in the other direction that is depressing! I just ordered some new long pants and shorts that are one size smaller in the waist. That was enjoyable.

Senior Member Rep Power: 10
    Rep Level: PDF American
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    234 Post(s)

Started at 255. A few weeks and Iím fluctuating about 240. Iím not alone Iím FaceTiming weekly with a dietician( insurance covers it) and Iím changing my diet .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Gun culture at its best is rooted in a desire to protect, and especially to protect the people we love-Rachel Lu (University of St. Thomas)

Curmudgeon Rep Power: 20
    Rep Level: PDF Gold Member
    Threads
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2453 Post(s)
    I was at 325 this time last year. I hit 245 this morning. Keto diet. I cut out the carbs and sugars as much as I reasonably could--nothing white except cauliflower, near zero fruit (sugar), only an occasional beer and cut back on whisky, careful with high-carb veggies, etc. Not a hard-over fanatic, I cheat on occasion but hop right back on the wagon. Still gotta enjoy life, you know?

I hit a few plateaus along the way, but you've got to hang in there and wait it out. All this with no real increase in physical activity. Knees and back limit that, but hopefully new knees will allow an increase. My target is 180, not the 165 the charts recommend as my ideal weight. That fine for a 20-year-old kid, but not realistic for me.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Unrepentant chocoholic Rep Power: 100
    Rep Level: PDF Constitution Protector
    Threads
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    951 Post(s)
    I lost 13 pounds when I had the intestinal problem for 4 months, but am losing more now and don't know why. The good thing is that I'm again wearing the good gun belts that I outgrew, whereas the two new ones are barely/sort of OK on the last hole with a LONG tail sticking out the back, but only if I t have a thick shirt to tuck into my pants.

The bad thing is that I gave away all of the nice jeans that I couldn't get into anymore.......and which now would fit perfectly. I can't ask the woman to give them back! A few pairs of my paints are "tween sizes" and they don't look too sloppy on me. The brand new jeans I bought 6 months ago would fall off if I tried to wear them now.

I really wish the weight loss would stop, though because I really do NOT WANT TO GO THROUGH 27+ lab tests, and all the other stuff they might do to try to find out why I keep losing!

This is a new thing for this old lady. I spent most of my life gaining weight and going on diets and then gaining weight, etc. etc. Until 12 years ago when I finally got a food plan that was right for my own body and then I lost a bunch and was pretty stable.......until this 2019 mess.
    Last edited by ShooterGranny; October 7th, 2019 at 10:59 PM.
    Don't just post your feelings here, please. DO SOMETHING that can make a difference.

Rep Level: PDF Freedom Seeker

Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)
    30 for me so far, 15 more to go. That will put me at my goal of 23.5 BMI.