Quote Originally Posted by Stumpkiller View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
"Heinlein"

He had MANY good quotes.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

My favorite is: "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"

Which became TANSTAAFL.

Also: "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."

And the best of all:

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”

Read the book "Starship Troopers" and disregard the unrelated movie . . . or just watch it as a fun action shoot-'em-up. Worst book to movie adaptation ever.
I would agree with that..but it is one of my "comfort movies". I put it on whenever I am totally bored and doing making something in my workshop. And if you do get beyond the horrible script and acting, I think it does portray the essence of the book.

BTW: The best books to movies was "Fail-Safe" with Henry Fonda and Moby Dick with Gregory Peck.